Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    I still think, no matter what Snyder says, that it's a hallucination/dream/scarecrow toxin...something! Just because it's "really happening" doesn't mean one of those scenarios can't take place. I guess we will see in a couple weeks.
    Yeah, I'm with you there. What was the point of introducing the Cassandra strain of the fear toxin if it wasn't going to figure into the plot of the story somehow? Everything that has happened in this arc is really happening inside Bruce's mind sure but I don't really believe that it's happening out in the "real world" of the comic.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-08-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I, too, believe the fear toxin will factor into the conclusion of the story. I just don't know how yet, and I would be disappointed if we find out it was all just a dream or imaginary.

One of my pet peeves (kind of an OCD deal) is I hate it when we're shown events happening outside the main protagonist's perspective (i.e. the Joker and Gordon scenes or the Joker and Alfred scenes), only to be told it was all imaginary or a dream. I understand people can have third-party dreams but generally this is how you know it's a dream, and I have to believe someone as smart as Batman would realize "wait a minute - why am I able to view this happening when I'm not here?". I also don't think Alfred losing a hand is THAT big of a deal. In fact I would say losing a hand is dramatic enough to get noticed but not so dramatic that DC would need to advertise the heck out of it.

Having said all that, I believe Snyder will need to explain how the Joker toxin was able to infect the rest of the JLA, especially given that we were shown simultaneous to this story (the AMAZO virus in JLA) that Superman and Wonder Woman are generally immune to human viruses and toxins. It probably won't get explained, at least in any satisfactory way, but it's something that still stands out to me.

Incredible Member

If Bruce is leaving the suit for an arc or two, what would be the reason? Hurt, mental health, (dealing with Endgame and Eternal) or perhaps both?

Although I thought it might be an hallucination or dream after the first issue (Bruce laughing?! This can't be real), it's possible that the Cassandra references are just meant as foreshadowing for Batman's imminent "death".

there is no way this is all a dream or hallucination.

I really like the Bruce Wayne as Mayor angle.

I found it strange that Synder said this would be his last Joker story when he said he plans on doing Batman for at least 100 issues. Sure Joker could appear in TEC, B&R, or Batman/Superman, but to not have Joker appear anymore in not only the top selling Batman book but DC's top selling book and the usual top selling book every month just seems strange. I am starting to think that when he said this will be his last Joker story he meant HIS Joker, the new 52 Joker. Perhaps this Joker will die and Bruce will think all is well but then after Convergence the pre Flashpoint Joker will show up or some other Joker from a different Earth and be the new current Joker.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Bruce will become the new joker.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Bruce will become the new joker.
    Now that's a twist lol. If Batman were to ever end, which of course it won't, I would really like the last panel have Bruce in a straight-jacket in Arkham with the implication that we've just been seeing this lunatic's fantasies for all of these years
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 04-15-2015 at 09:11 AM.

That would literally disgust me, and would ruin the entire Batman concept. Not intending to be rude, I totally respect your opinion, I just Thoroughly disagree... man, I have to say that your post kinda rattled me, but also makes me realize how much I love "my version" of Batman.

There were rumors of something like your idea happening when R.I.P. was coming out and freaked me out just as much then

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Exactly, 2 weeks to go! It honestly has not felt like a 2 month delay. Anyway, I have been thinking some more and maybe it'll end on a cliff-hanger where Joker kidnaps Bruce, and that is why Damian is on his own, searching for Bruce.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I still think the safe money is on Joker meeting yet another ambiguous "end", leaving Batman thinking he broke his code & setting the cowl aside for now. Or maybe he just decides that between the events of Eternal & Endgame, he's had enough and needs a break from it. I really don't want to see it end with Bruce grievously injured or presumed dead again while someone else tries to take his place. Snyder has an opportunity to deviate from the route taken by Knightfall & Morrison's run, taking Bats out of the costume but not out of the action. There's a lot that can be explored by having a not-crippled or not-dead Bruce having a presence in the stories & being able to interact with the new Batman (especially considering who it is).

Though I'm still wondering how Darkseid War is going to go down in Justice League, because, and correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds like it's going to be the current New 52 line up, and not the post-Convergence versions of the characters. But I guess that's one of the benefits of "loose continuity", we can see the familiar heroes having an adventure in one book, while altered versions appear in others....

Ive very much enjoyed every aspect of Endgame, and at this point all im hoping for is an even semi logical resolution before the upcoming changes in June. Two weeks indeed, its staring to feel like AGES.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Batman: Endgame ending has leaked yesterday: http://comicbookinvest.com/2015/04/1...atman-history/

I just couldn't help myself and I clicked that link. Now I wish I hadn't.

Don't click that link if you want to enjoy the story !