Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    All-New Member

I think I might give that a try, thanks for the advice. I always read the "main" Batman title for that reason, because I figured it was the "main" storyline for that character. I do quite enjoy Batgirl, as well as the new Arkham Manor titles, so yeah I think maybe its time to remove Batman from my pull list for a while and maybe add Detective Comics in its place. Saddens me to not have Batman waiting for me once a month, but I just can't take it. So much ado about nothing in that book.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StaysCrunchy View Post
    I think I might give that a try, thanks for the advice. I always read the "main" Batman title for that reason, because I figured it was the "main" storyline for that character. I do quite enjoy Batgirl, as well as the new Arkham Manor titles, so yeah I think maybe its time to remove Batman from my pull list for a while and maybe add Detective Comics in its place. Saddens me to not have Batman waiting for me once a month, but I just can't take it. So much ado about nothing in that book.
    Yeah, it saddened me to drop the main title as well though it's taken me a while to actually drop it. But now I'm really burned out on the long storylines and the whole "game changing, grand epic" scale of things here. I'm finding I want something a bit smaller scale with Batman and the Bat-verse in general right now. There is this though writers may change but there will always be a main Bat title so if you don't happen to enjoy one writers stories chances are another writer will eventually come along whose stories you will like.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-20-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I think making it seem as if Batman and Joker have had a final confrontation and wiped each other out would be quite cool. Obviously, in the future The Joker and Batman will return but having it seem as if they both went down and are gone sets up an interesting status quo for the time being ie GCPD obviously feel that they need some kind of Bat presence hence the robo-bat. The Robin army are inspired by Batman's example etc. With Grayson pretending to be dead and working with Spyral, he can't be Batman and Tim and Damian seem to be off having their own adventures. I particularly liked the idea of Bruce Wayne becoming Mayor for a bit. Especially seeing as Lincoln March was a candidate at one point I believe? (Lincoln vs Bruce mayoral campaign story? maybe not!).

My point is, I expect Batman and Joker to be taken away for a bit. Batman possibly until the lead up to #50.

Quote Originally Posted by JLF View Post
    I think making it seem as if Batman and Joker have had a final confrontation and wiped each other out would be quite cool. Obviously, in the future The Joker and Batman will return but having it seem as if they both went down and are gone sets up an interesting status quo for the time being ie GCPD obviously feel that they need some kind of Bat presence hence the robo-bat. The Robin army are inspired by Batman's example etc. With Grayson pretending to be dead and working with Spyral, he can't be Batman and Tim and Damian seem to be off having their own adventures. I particularly liked the idea of Bruce Wayne becoming Mayor for a bit. Especially seeing as Lincoln March was a candidate at one point I believe? (Lincoln vs Bruce mayoral campaign story? maybe not!).

My point is, I expect Batman and Joker to be taken away for a bit. Batman possibly until the lead up to #50.
    Wayne Vs March in a mayor campaign would have been way more interesting imo.

BANNED

Clicked that link; oh well, I guess that's not the worst ending that could have happened.

Someone else is Batman, because Bruce is apparently dead? At least Snyder can leave on the same storyline he came in on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Someone else is Batman, because Bruce is apparently dead? At least Snyder can leave on the same storyline he came in on.
    Hahaha that's so true.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

You know some of us didn't actually click the spoiler link? Thanks for spoiling it, though.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I was just commenting on the idle speculation up thread. Someone suggested the idea, I made a flippant remark about Snyder.

Also, the thread is labeled SPOILERS, so it is an enter at your own risk situation. For whatever that's worth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    He is putting all the toys back in the box in issue 50. He said that the whole story is meant to show how Bruce is born to be in the role and can't be easily replaced.