Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapastel View Post
    Do people really say that Wonder Woman stole Superman's cape from Lois Lane?

As a serious argument?
    well posing with superman cape is a Lois thing to do... but whatever

I don't like any of the main pairings for Wonder Woman. Steve is just dull, it's no wonder he was killed twice and kept away for long years even before COIE. Batman is a puerile male power fantasy, Batman writers never respected Wonder Woman or her cast of villains, even after they started trying to get him in her panties. Superman is like her brother, I see incest everytime they are together, and theres the little problem of him overshadowing her.

Where's Io? Wheres Artemis? If DC can't create an interesting male counterpart maybe they should go the full lesbian route.
    I wish DC could go with a women love but that is impossible for next 50 years; also Rucka always treated WW very well.
    Also another man you could suggest? maybe Hal Jordan?
    Last edited by Blacksun; 04-20-2015 at 02:05 PM.

They haven't really explored it in a captivating way that's impacted the DCU in a meaningful way, so I'm ready for it to end. There are interesting ideas and potential there for stories about the two most powerful heroes in the DCU coming together romantically, but the focus hasn't been there in Superman, Wonder Woman or JL stories and, to me, Superman/Wonder Woman just played around the edges of it might impact them and their world.

If I was an editor (or an editor who had been entrusted with the power to make changes), I'd have set up the ties to the Superman and Wonder Woman books a little different at the outset, explored it for a couple years and then headed back to Lois and Steve land or on to other romantic partners.

BANNED

I don't like any of the main pairings for Wonder Woman. Steve is just dull, it's no wonder he was killed twice and kept away for long years even before COIE. Batman is a puerile male power fantasy, Batman writers never respected Wonder Woman or her cast of villains, even after they started trying to get him in her panties. Superman is like her brother, I see incest everytime they are together, and theres the little problem of him overshadowing her.

Where's Io? Wheres Artemis? If DC can't create an interesting male counterpart maybe they should go the full lesbian route.
    If you are going to limit her pairings because of that, not only Clark and Bruce, but a good portion of humanity won't make the cut for her. And no, he doesn't overshadow her. Diana is awesome, without her he'd have been killed and the world destroyed multiple times.

As a serious argument?
    LOL, no, it was a little bit of hyperbole from me, it's just that certain kissing positions should not be repeated, and when she's wrapped in his cape she also shouldn't look too similar.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 04-20-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Responding to the question of the title:

>comics
    >permanent

You're in the wrong neighbourhood.

BANNED

As a serious argument?
    The image of Lois Lane wrapped in Superman's cape has been around for at least 20 years, since Lois and Clark. It has become an iconic part of the Lois/Superman relationship. So when WW appeared in a similar pose, the intention was clear.

Not a good thing when you are trying to establish them under the guise of trying to tell "new stories."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Responding to the question of the title:

>comics
    >permanent

You're in the wrong neighbourhood.
    Essentially wins thread in three lines. What time I have wasted.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-20-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Thank you Sacred Knight!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Nah.

I love Clark and Diana. I've always thought they'd be great for each other. But I agree with Sacred Knight: nothing should be destined. They've had a good thing. I hope it continues for a while yet. But if another writer comes along with a really great love story for either one of them with another character, then that writer shouldn't be banned from telling that story because he/she presumes to intrude upon "sacred ground."

I only want two things to happen when and if Superman and Diana break up. 1.) I want the breakup to be amicable. I don't want one of them to cheat on the other. I don't want them to suddenly break down and stop working as a couple. If/when this relationship ends, I want it to involve the two of them sitting down like adults and admitting that they made better friends than lovers and agreeing to end the romance. And 2.) I want them to retain their friendship afterward. Things can be awkward for a while, but before Clark and Diana were a couple, they were one of the best friendship pairs in all of comics. I loved the brother/sister bond they had for many years almost as much as I loved the idea of them together as a couple. I want that to remain, if nothing else.
    This.

I've enjoyed seeing DC explore a romantic concept for Clark beyond "Lois Lane" and it's been nice to see Diana date anyone (longest dry spell in comics!). Do I think it's been a fun ride and there's likely plenty of fuel left to burn through? Absolutely. Do I want this to become the norm? No.

As much as Clark and Diana have in common, there's a ton of things they dont, and many of those things are pretty fundamental. I can see how they'd be attracted to each other and I can see how a strong relationship would grow from that. But at some point, they're going to realize that they want different things in life, and they want to get there in different ways. And at that point, they either accept that their not meant to be forever and they have an amicable breakup, or they try to stick together despite themselves and things spiral downward as both of them become increasingly unhappy with each other and themselves.

I've enjoyed the change in pace their relationship has brought. I spent twenty-something years watching Lois and Clark dance around each other, and Im in no rush to get back to that. But this relationship shouldnt last forever, and it wont. Once the story has run its course, DC will make a big deal out of Clark/Lois and Diana/Steve and get back to a more familiar status quo.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This.

I've enjoyed seeing DC explore a romantic concept for Clark beyond "Lois Lane" and it's been nice to see Diana date anyone (longest dry spell in comics!). Do I think it's been a fun ride and there's likely plenty of fuel left to burn through? Absolutely. Do I want this to become the norm? No.

As much as Clark and Diana have in common, there's a ton of things they dont, and many of those things are pretty fundamental. I can see how they'd be attracted to each other and I can see how a strong relationship would grow from that. But at some point, they're going to realize that they want different things in life, and they want to get there in different ways. And at that point, they either accept that their not meant to be forever and they have an amicable breakup, or they try to stick together despite themselves and things spiral downward as both of them become increasingly unhappy with each other and themselves.

I've enjoyed the change in pace their relationship has brought. I spent twenty-something years watching Lois and Clark dance around each other, and Im in no rush to get back to that. But this relationship shouldnt last forever, and it wont. Once the story has run its course, DC will make a big deal out of Clark/Lois and Diana/Steve and get back to a more familiar status quo.
    you said this on the perspective of clark, but I don't see it good on perspective of WW. Majority that argument it say that clark spend a long time dating lois, but I don't think that was bad. Don't fix what is not broken

I think would be much better for WW date steve, but dc own prejudice against the character screwed that. hopeful that with steve trevor casting on the mvoie, things will change. I simply don't understand why DC and come writers treat superman as the only man to date WW.

steve and diana is not that familiar

I don't see WW being attracted to superman at all specially the one azzarello wrote. I can see more superficial reasons than anything else

Was great for shock value. Now it's sort of just 'there'.

The break up is happening. The question is how they do it. Are they gonna have Superman be the one that 'figures it all out' and breaks up with Diana and have Diana be the one that rages about it for years (already hinted at in the future storyline that happened last year I believe, so I hope it doesn't go that route). Or are they gonna have them both do it mutually and already see it coming to an end as Clark gets closer to understanding what makes humans special without 'powers' like him.

Could be very interesting with how they do it.

Fantastic Member

It is going to end with one of them being fridged. It has more shock value.

...You're saying one of them is going to die? Because that's what fridging is, and that's not going to happen.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    It is going to end with one of them being fridged. It has more shock value.
    superman or ww won't stay long death

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    WW 7 and sensation comics are from DC digital, it has nothing to do with didio or lee.
    I never suggested that it was. I was talking about publicity and exposure and the overall picture of it. I was arguing the possibility the publicity and exposure of SMWW may have played (in terms of contribution, but not the sole contribution) in increased WW titles, merchandise and overall publicity ... this speculation can't be proven or disproven

batman/superman they don't date and never dated, and the team up exist for more than 10 years.
    With respect, that is a completely futile and irrelevant comment because it has absolutely nothing to do with anything we're discussing here.

but it is extremele humiliating that WW only has one team up book when she is dating superman
    1. It is NOT 'humiliating' ... you're just saying that because you don't like the ship (otherwise you would have provided some sort of evidence to back up that spurious claim

2. It is NOT her 'only team up book' ... she's also in Justice League, in case you hadn't noticed.

No, new 52 has nothing to do with SMWW or anything from new 52. Digital does their own thing and after the success of batman '66 it was the obvious route.
    See my first reply

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    I never suggested that it was. I was talking about publicity and exposure and the overall picture of it. I was arguing the possibility the publicity and exposure of SMWW may have played (in terms of contribution, but not the sole contribution) in increased WW titles, merchandise and overall publicity ... this speculation can't be proven or disproven
    I don't think so. I didn't saw jump on WW popularity. even Gail simone was begging for more girls enter the ww hype train.
    she never needed help from superman to sell merchandise

With respect, that is a completely futile and irrelevant comment because it has absolutely nothing to do with anything we're discussing here.

1. It is NOT 'humiliating' ... you're just saying that because you don't like the ship (otherwise you would have provided some sort of evidence to back up that spurious claim

2. It is NOT her 'only team up book' ... she's also in Justice League, in case you hadn't noticed.
    she and more 6 dudes are on JL, she for a long time is member of JL. Normal stuff.

it has nothing to do with liking or not a ship, but she had to date a guy to get a 2nd book after more than 50 years. if it is not humiliating and problematic...