Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'm not sure I mentioned it here before, but earlier this yesr, my parents lost their house to a fire. One consequence was that I lost the comics from my childhood and even some more recent ones.

Today I did a quick run-through of what I lost, and just off the top of my head (coupled with some quick Google searches) I easily listed 700 comics!

I had the Clone Saga up through the first two years of the reboot, plus all of Brand New Day, not to mention Slingers, Spider-Girl, Sleepwalker, Darkhawk, Morbius, Marvel Vs. DC / Amalgam... plenty more...

Here's hoping I'm able to replace much if what was lost.

-Pav, who is going to a local con this weekend...
    I am glad your parents are safe. Still that's a hard loss, I've been there myself in losing stuff. I still have some of my collection of comics before I stopped collecting, but it's vastly reduced from what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Joker is a massive hit, $300,000,000 domestically and $900,000,000 worldwide on a budget below any recent major superhero film.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#24fcc9817779

What do you guys think about this?
    'Twas a solid feature, but 'tis a lesson to studios to ne'er again ignore the financial power of gamers.

I'm not sure I mentioned it here before, but earlier this yesr, my parents lost their house to a fire. One consequence was that I lost the comics from my childhood and even some more recent ones.

Today I did a quick run-through of what I lost, and just off the top of my head (coupled with some quick Google searches) I easily listed 700 comics!

I had the Clone Saga up through the first two years of the reboot, plus all of Brand New Day, not to mention Slingers, Spider-Girl, Sleepwalker, Darkhawk, Morbius, Marvel Vs. DC / Amalgam... plenty more...

I wish you good fortune and great success!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The Joker is a massive hit, $300,000,000 domestically and $900,000,000 worldwide on a budget below any recent major superhero film.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#24fcc9817779

What do you guys think about this?
    Not the kind of movie I want to see (sources I trust also indicated that it wasn't that good), so I'm not in the mood for the inevitable copycats. I also kinda sympathize with the position questioning whether a movie glorifying that kind of violence (where in perception or reality) was... irresponsible, at best. But, not much point in complaining about stuff you don't watch.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

In a project I'm looking forward to, the Russo Brothers are producing a documentary based on Reed Tucker's Slugfest: Inside the Epic, 50-year Battle between Marvel and DC.

https://www.newsarama.com/47853-russ...st-report.html

Newsarama's initial headline which left out the documentary part got some people's hopes up, when they saw "RUSSO BROS. to Produce MARVEL vs DC Series"
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'll fund my queen Betty Brant/Rita Repulsa's next movie myself, damn it!

I love Texts From Superheroes.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

"So I was the guy who wrote Spider-Man for ten and a half years who could not use Green Goblin, Venom, or Carnage. And it's like those are three of the best bullets in the gun. It was really frustrating. People are like 'Oooo, you really love Doc Ock! You love Doc Ock so much! He's got a hard-on for Doc Ock!' He was the biggest guy I could use! They weren't letting me use the three top guys!"

https://aipt-comics.simplecast.com/e...r-man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "So I was the guy who wrote Spider-Man for ten and a half years who could not use Green Goblin, Venom, or Carnage. And it's like those are three of the best bullets in the gun. It was really frustrating. People are like 'Oooo, you really love Doc Ock! You love Doc Ock so much! He's got a hard-on for Doc Ock!' He was the biggest guy I could use! They weren't letting me use the three top guys!"

https://aipt-comics.simplecast.com/e...r-man-and-more
    Woooooow, he was going to do the Superior relaunch himself alongside Iron Man, then FF became available.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not the kind of movie I want to see (sources I trust also indicated that it wasn't that good), so I'm not in the mood for the inevitable copycats. I also kinda sympathize with the position questioning whether a movie glorifying that kind of violence (where in perception or reality) was... irresponsible, at best. But, not much point in complaining about stuff you don't watch.
    I have zero interest in that film, that character, and any sequel to that garbage.

I mean one could go to a local comic store and still find a copy of that issue or even ebay. A million dollars for that issue? That is insane!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The Wonder Woman 1984 trailer is nice.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Interesting. Upon hearing all the 1980s music it made me think of Captain Marvel. Wonder how this is going to compare, because you know people are going to compare them.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Interesting. Upon hearing all the 1980s music it made me think of Captain Marvel. Wonder how this is going to compare, because you know people are going to compare them.
    The first movie predates Captain Marvel and I think it will be the Widow vs the Wonder next year

BANNED

To me Maxwell Lord seems more like Glorious Godfrey than Maxwell Lord of the Comics. I am not too enthused about the movie (but I am not enthused about a lot of superhero movies in general).

I generally feel that DC have done a terrible job with Wonder Woman's title in not building her mythos the way Marvel have done with Thor. There are exceptions but that's generally the case, and I don't know what's the point of a movie where Diana fights Cheetah and Maxwell Lord. Bit of a comedown from Ares God of War.

Astonishing Member

Sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you and your parents.