Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

The "This is fine" dog has a new message. With some profanity.

https://thenib.com/this-is-not-fine
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The "This is fine" dog has a new message. With some profanity.

https://thenib.com/this-is-not-fine
    Me after they got rid of the tracker in Pokemon Go.

So...

Stranger Things, anyone?

-Pav, who loved it...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    So...

Stranger Things, anyone?

-Pav, who loved it...
    Best show I've watched this year. Glad it blew up in popularity, also. Means we'll get some kinda sequel.

Stranger Things is some damn good TV. It's actually a pretty good time right now for shows. Others which have had my interest:

Mr Robot season 2 - nuff said.
    Outcast - pretty good so far. Really creepy American Gothic kind of vibe. Great score by Atticus Ross (composes with Trent Reznor on film scores and was a producer on a few of his Nine Inch Nails & related projects)
    Preacher - it's definitely worth a watch but I can't tell if it was good or just OK. Kind of divisive in that way I guess? Some moments of brilliance (an episode opens with a motel fight scene that has to be seen) but there's some tonal shifts that and turns in the narrative that threw me off a little.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Stranger Things is some damn good TV. It's actually a pretty good time right now for shows. Others which have had my interest:

Mr Robot season 2 - nuff said.
    Outcast - pretty good so far. Really creepy American Gothic kind of vibe. Great score by Atticus Ross (composes with Trent Reznor on film scores and was a producer on a few of his Nine Inch Nails & related projects)
    Preacher - it's definitely worth a watch but I can't tell if it was good or just OK. Kind of divisive in that way I guess? Some moments of brilliance (an episode opens with a motel fight scene that has to be seen) but there's some tonal shifts that and turns in the narrative that threw me off a little.
    I taped...

wait.

I DVR'd the first season of Mr. Robot but then the DVR decided to delete a few of the episodes, so I haven't seen that show yet.

I watched the first episode of Preacher, and I'm sure I'd enjoy it if I had kept watching it. But I try to limit the amount of tv I watch, and so I know there's a lot of good stuff that I'll just never see (mostly because I need all that time to read!).

Honestly, Stranger Things is probably one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's got everything I want in a series, and I thought it hit every note correctly in terms of pace, tone, plot, characterization - the whole shebang was fantastic.

If we can just get more of the same for even one more season, I'd be stoked.

In book-related news, I finally finished reading The Lord of the Rings for the first time.

I enjoyed it, but dang was it sloooooow. Tolkien sure loved describing scenery.

-Pav, who needs to eventually finish watching the first season of Fargo...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'm happy with my Premiere hardcover of Torment. I didn't care for the rest of the run that much (art's nice, though.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

"mr robot" didn't grab me, i really wanted it to. made it halfway through season 1.

slowly getting into "stranger things". i had an aversion to kid stories even when i was a kid and i think i still haven't dealt with that issue as an adult. it's me, not you.

liked "marco polo" even if it is pretty standard historical drama. love "les revenants" (i know it's a bit old now). best thing on tv since "twin peaks"
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm happy with my Premiere hardcover of Torment. I didn't care for the rest of the run that much (art's nice, though.)
    Oh well you're set then. Saw this in my LCS and thought it looked incredible. Might not buy it, but I want to read it someday.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Some positive comic vibes.

IMO, DC's Flinstones reboot is good comics. It's a fun (and rather bleak) satire of modern life. I'm not sure what I expected from this comic, but I'm really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    So...

Stranger Things, anyone?

-Pav, who loved it...
    Just finished it; liked it. I thought it was good (closer to very good) but not quite great. While the '80's beats were fun, there was very little that was original. Best parts for me were the kids' acting (especially Elle who was fantastic); all the adults (except for the Sheriff) were cardboard cutout characters so not much to engage me there. The narrative was fairly predictable and the wrap-up was just ok.

I would welcome a second season (and from the "Alien" seed rip in the final minutes of the finale, I guess we are getting one) but would hope for a smidge more originality. Still, a fun ride and I liked the shorter (45 min) run-time and only 8 episodes made for an easy commitment.

Deadpool was a former host for the Venom symbiote?
    How come he never knew Spider-Man was Peter Parker an attack him?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Really loving DC Rebirth right now.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Really loving DC Rebirth right now.
    I'm hoping to buy some at Comickaze. One of the few purchases I'm excited about.