Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I usually don't post personal stuff because I don't really see a reason to. I had gotten sick again, and after everyone urged me to, I finally went to see a doctor. They diagnosed me with pneumonia. They prescribed some antibiotics, and an inhaler. (I'd never actually needed an inhaler before.)

So that's a thing that happened.
    Get better, dude. And fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I hope you get well soon.

And I hope you are not allergic to honey.
    Thanks for the well wishes. Also, I'm not allergic to honey.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Get better, dude. And fast!
    This board is clearly falling apart without me.

(Thanks.)

There's a weird thing that happened behind the scenes of one of my favorite shows.

The lead actress, who won an Emmy for the show, and the best supporting actress, who had also won an Emmy for the show, hadn't filmed a scene in together in two years. This continued, even with the final episode of one of the actresses.

The Good Wife’s stars can’t be bothered to film in the same room these days

Late Friday night, as the nation was preparing to learn whether Don Draper was D.B. Cooper and be disappointed either way, another television mystery was solved. And as with most great television mysteries, the answer only raised more questions. TVLine broke the news fans of The Good Wife yearned to know even as they feared the answer: Julianna Margulies and her departing co-star, Archie Panjabi, weren’t even in the same room when they shot their final scene together. Why? No one knows, but probably because they hate each other.

Some background, for the Good Wife agnostic: The relationship between Margulies’ character, Alicia Florrick, and Panjabi’s character, Kalinda Sharma, evolved from a prickly professional association to a genuine friendship, and their bond became vital to the show. During the show’s stellar fifth season, however, fans began debating an alarming trend: the lack of scenes between Alicia and Kalinda. As their separation continued, rumors arose of a personal rift between the actors, one so severe the show’s producers just accommodated them by keeping the characters separated. The speculation peaked with a Buzzfeed piece calling attention to the complete absence of Alicia-Kalinda scenes since season four’s “Red Team, Blue Team,” which originally aired in February 2013.

Jump ahead to the just-concluded season six, The Good Wife’s most polarizing stretch of episodes ever, due in part to Panjabi announcing her departure from the show at season’s end. Fans of Kalicia, as the characters are known according to Kepler’s Law of Adorable Portmanteaus, hoped Kalinda’s last appearances would finally include some face time between the characters. In the season finale, “Wanna Partner?”, Kalicia shippers got their wish, as Kalinda sidles up next to Alicia on a bar stool and the two have a drink like old times, with Kalinda apologizing to Alicia for how “things got messed up.” But fans quickly noticed something “off” about the scene, in which Margulies and Panjabi seem unable to make eye contact and generally display the chemistry of Colin Jost and Michael Che. At least Margulies and Panjabi have a good excuse, according to TVLine: “Body doubles were employed for the single shots, and the two-shot was spliced together in post-production.”

Entertainment Weekly later confirmed the report, with CBS admitting the actresses didn’t shoot together while both actors’ camps reserved comment. Creators Robert and Michelle King have also never addressed rumors of the rivalry, which reportedly dates to as far as season one. (Part of the conspiracy includes the season two revelation that Kalinda once slept with Alicia’s husband, which was allegedly written for the express purpose of keeping the actors apart.) With Panjabi leaving the show, it seems the demise of Kalicia will never get a full explanation.
    The closest thing I can come up with is the attitude of everyone else on Community towards Chevy Chase. Although no one refused to shoot scenes with him.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

(Thanks.)
    Glad you're on the mend.

You are, right?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There's a weird thing that happened behind the scenes of one of my favorite shows.

The lead actress, who won an Emmy for the show, and the best supporting actress, who had also won an Emmy for the show, hadn't filmed a scene in together in two years. This continued, even with the final episode of one of the actresses.

The closest thing I can come up with is the attitude of everyone else on Community towards Chevy Chase. Although no one refused to shoot scenes with him.
    having just recently shot a few episodes on a tv series, i can unhappily confirm that work politics and just plain old fashioned bitchiness exists on set. especially on long-form television. there’s an odd power struggle that happens amongst actors that i think is unlike what you see in most other professions, the closest thing i can compare it to is high school. competitiveness and jealousy and bullying behind the camera, while in front of it everyone looks like they’re in love. at least professionalism exists in the confines of the frame.

(Thanks.)
    yow. that’s serious stuff. sounds like you’re taking care of yourself. all the best, mate.

glad to see you still putting in your two cents when you can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    having just recently shot a few episodes on a tv series, i can unhappily confirm that work politics and just plain old fashioned bitchiness exists on set. especially on long-form television. there’s an odd power struggle that happens amongst actors that i think is unlike what you see in most other professions, the closest thing i can compare it to is high school. competitiveness and jealousy and bullying behind the camera, while in front of it everyone looks like they’re in love. at least professionalism exists in the confines of the frame.
    Actors.

Amirite?

Actors.

Amirite?
    you’re the most rite that any human has ever been in the history of riteness.

waitasecond, i’m a-

BANNED

you’re the most rite that any human has ever been in the history of riteness.

waitasecond, i’m a-
    No second takes!

No second takes!
    this is why we’re so bitchy.

BANNED

this is why we’re so bitchy.
    "But I was projecting fear when I shoulda been projecting apprehension! Screw this, I'll be in my trailer doing blow!"

"But I was projecting fear when I shoulda been projecting apprehension! Screw this, I'll be in my trailer doing blow!"
    stop listening in on me, it’s creepy.

BANNED

stop listening in on me, it’s creepy.
    Only in public places. I know the rules.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'll admit I've never gotten David Letterman's appeal. He strikes me as more of a comedian's comedian, in that he's never been as popular with the general public as his peers. Everyone in the industry swears by him, but I just don't find him nearly as entertaining as Conan or Fallon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'll admit I've never gotten David Letterman's appeal. He strikes me as more of a comedian's comedian, in that he's never been as popular with the general public as his peers. Everyone in the industry swears by him, but I just don't find him nearly as entertaining as Conan or Fallon.
    I guess he's just one of those old school entertainers and probably appeals mostly to an older generation. Fallon I never found funny until he did his talk show, and I like that he clearly aims at a younger, more modern audience. Plus, The Roots. Conan...can be a little intense for my taste, but I like him mostly when he's feuding with Stewart and Colbert.