Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

GotG should be remembered fondly as a pop culture phenomena. Not sure it'll be on any serious lists, but it should at least make it into a nostalgic VH1 show.

I kinda feel bad for Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai. The guy and his team work SO hard on Smash Bros. video games. Even post-release, they are working on downloadable content for their audience to enjoy. And even the tiniest mistake reveals content before they are ready to present it. So the biggest surprise spreads around the internet in moments. (It was trending on twitter and facebook for some time yesterday.)

The already announced Lucas from Mother 3 was released alongside Fire Emblem's Roy and the one that would have been the biggest surprise of all, Street Fighter's Ryu. All three, plus other content, were released after their presentation this morning.

(For the non-video game players in the audience, Ryu has been in crossover games with Marvel and has fought against the likes of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Doom, Magneto, and more.)

Here's Ryu's Smash trailer. See him take on Mario, Link, and more.

That looks great.
    Could be the most fun SSB game.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Jurassic World = fun movie. Saw it yesterday, along with a ton of other people. We had to stand in line for nearly an hour to get decent seats. But the film's action sequences, story, and special effects were well worth it. Don't expect Casa Blanca, if you liked the first one, then you should enjoy this one.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Jurassic World = fun movie. Saw it yesterday, along with a ton of other people. We had to stand in line for nearly an hour to get decent seats. But the film's action sequences, story, and special effects were well worth it. Don't expect Casa Blanca, if you liked the first one, then you should enjoy this one.
    They really need to change their spoilers:
    telephone carrier,
    end of spoilers though. My one big beef with the movie. Went to watch it at a drive-in last night, it was a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    They really need to change their spoilers:
    telephone carrier,
    end of spoilers though. My one big beef with the movie. Went to watch it at a drive-in last night, it was a fun experience.
    My main beef with the movie is that they should have had better spoilers:
    technology for dealing with rogue dinosaurs, like tranq darts or something. They use glorified tasers on T-rex sized animals?
    end of spoilers Also, TBH, there is no frickin way to keep that many animals that big supplied with food for any length of time. It would take like sixty elephant-sized critters to feed one of the biggest animals in the movie for a week. But so what, its suspension of disbelief all around. Still awesome.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

GotG should be remembered fondly as a pop culture phenomena. Not sure it'll be on any serious lists, but it should at least make it into a nostalgic VH1 show.
    Well, it helps that Chris Pratt's just become the biggest male movie star in the world.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Well, it helps that Chris Pratt's just become the biggest male movie star in the world.
    Yeah man. And who saw that coming??

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    it’s really interesting because conventional hollywood wisdom would peg pratt as a tv star rather than film. movie stars and leading men tend to be a mix of relatable and mysterious, whereas tv tends to go for 100% relatable in terms of acting types. pratt is a “traditional” tv star on the big screen.

if i was cynical i might think that doesn’t bode well for his longevity, but hey, he’s surprised everyone so far…

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    it’s really interesting because conventional hollywood wisdom would peg pratt as a tv star rather than film. movie stars and leading men tend to be a mix of relatable and mysterious, whereas tv tends to go for 100% relatable in terms of acting types. pratt is a “traditional” tv star on the big screen.

if i was cynical i might think that doesn’t bode well for his longevity, but hey, he’s surprised everyone so far…
    Working out seemed to work in his favor. Helps that he's a totally nice guy...with abs.

Working out seemed to work in his favor. Helps that he's a totally nice guy...with abs.
    totally relatable abs.

BANNED

He's the nerd almost all of us want to be. Went from out of shape to a Hollywood hunk right before our eyes. GotG, Jurassic World, maybe Indiana Jones. He's living the perfect nerd life.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cyberhubbs; 06-16-2015 at 07:34 PM.

BANNED

Well, more geek than need. Whatev'.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Nostradamus. But you have to squint really hard and read between the lines on that one...

BANNED

Oh my god. Fallout Shelter. This game is gonna rule my life for a while.