Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Here's a piece of film trivia.

Mike Myers was not the original choice to voice Shrek. The film's producers had originally cast Chris Farley to voice the ogre. Farley had actually voiced quite a bit of the film before he passed away and they decided to recast.

Here's a taste of Farley's Shrek. It would have been a much different film, and a much different franchise, with him.

So what happens to the Fantastic Four now? Fox's reboot was torn apart by reviews, it has horrible word of mouth, its projections were downgraded by quite a bit, and the director is trying to distance himself from the project already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    So what happens to the Fantastic Four now? Fox's reboot was torn apart by reviews, it has horrible word of mouth, its projections were downgraded by quite a bit, and the director is trying to distance himself from the project already.
    I really really wanted that film to be loved by everybody. After all the negative reactions the trailers received, I was really hoping the movie itself would win everyone over.

At this point, I think it's going back to Marvel Studios. There is no way a sequel is getting made after the disaster that this film has been. It's a true shame.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

BANNED

It's a shame because the movie wasn't terrible. Wasn't great either. Felt extremely decompressed, like they took what shoulda been the first half of the movie and stretched it into the entire film. First half was good, second half coulda been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    My guess is that Fox trades their Fantastic Four film rights to Marvel/ Disney in exchange for greater flexibility with the X-Men TV show they started talking about the moment reviews started coming out for Trank's F4 film.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    My guess is that Fox trades their Fantastic Four film rights to Marvel/ Disney in exchange for greater flexibility with the X-Men TV show they started talking about the moment reviews started coming out for Trank's F4 film.
    I don't think any trades or discussions between Fox and Marvel will happen unless X-Men tanks as well.

It's slightly Spider-Man related, but the Daily Beast has an interview with Alex Ross.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...perheroes.html

I don't hear about Ross that often. I wonder if it's the fact that he's been working almost exclusively on covers for about the last decade, so we're just used to a few impressive pieces each month.

It's been a while since he's done interiors. I recently reread Kingdom Come, and it has arguably the most gorgeous art of any comic book ever. I get the sense that drawing more comics, rather than just covers, would be good for his rep.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

word is the director had a melt-down on set. as much as i usually criticise studio involvement, from what i can see, they actually seem to be the ones who tried to compensate for the director’s inability on this project.

i’ve also heard that bryan singer is keen to incorporate the ff into his x-men universe. so who knows?

BANNED

One rumor I've heard, and not sure how true it is, is that the director at one point came to the set so high that he couldn't speak coherently.

But that's just a rumor I heard from one other person, soooooo

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    One rumor I've heard, and not sure how true it is, is that the director at one point came to the set so high that he couldn't speak coherently.

But that's just a rumor I heard from one other person, soooooo

well that was pretty much the entire cast and crew of apocalypse now and that’s considered a classic- so whatever works ya know.

seriously though, coming from a smaller indie film background, he might have just caved under the pressure. there’s been a bit of that recently for new and “up and coming” directors (“transcendence” comes to mind). even if it wasn’t a case of choking, sometimes it’s hard to slot yourself into the wheels of studio movie making.

it’s a pity because it might make the studios more reluctant to experiment with new talent.

The Atlantic has a great review of The Fantastic Four.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...review/400850/

It seems to me that a lot of people are to blame for this one. The failure has many dads. Trank screwed up (He wanted to make a film about how it was terrible to be a superhero and though the Fantastic Four was the right franchise?), but the studio meddling didn't help. A trend I noticed is that reviews for the first half were middling, and reviews for the second half were terrible, so it's not like Fox screwed up something that could have been a great film. But it does seem they made a mediocre film worse.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    well that was pretty much the entire cast and crew of apocalypse now and that’s considered a classic- so whatever works ya know.

seriously though, coming from a smaller indie film background, he might have just caved under the pressure. there’s been a bit of that recently for new and “up and coming” directors (“transcendence” comes to mind). even if it wasn’t a case of choking, sometimes it’s hard to slot yourself into the wheels of studio movie making.

it’s a pity because it might make the studios more reluctant to experiment with new talent.
    And Natural Born Killers! Or so I've heard.

When your budget is 100+, and on top of that there's an expectation to get into the current superhero craze, you're gonna see the studios meddling more, be it for better or for worse. You probably can't poop without letting a studio exec know.

BANNED

The Atlantic has a great review of The Fantastic Four.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...review/400850/

It seems to me that a lot of people are to blame for this one. The failure has many dads. Trank screwed up (He wanted to make a film about how it was terrible to be a superhero and though the Fantastic Four was the right franchise?), but the studio meddling didn't help. A trend I noticed is that reviews for the first half were middling, and reviews for the second half were terrible, so it's not like Fox screwed up something that could have been a great film. But it does seem they made a mediocre film worse.
    I think Trank had the right idea. He just did next to nothing with the idea after establishing it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    And Natural Born Killers! Or so I've heard.

When your budget is 100+, and on top of that there's an expectation to get into the current superhero craze, you're gonna see the studios meddling more, be it for better or for worse. You probably can't poop without letting a studio exec know.
    Looking at the Rotten Tomatoes for Star Wars, that one seemed to get pretty good reviews when it came out.

But Natural Born Killers did worse than Amazing Spider-Man 2!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/natural_born_killers/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Looking at the Rotten Tomatoes for Star Wars, that one seemed to get pretty good reviews when it came out.
    Which Star Wars?

But Natural Born Killers did worse than Amazing Spider-Man 2!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/natural_born_killers/
    Well, I meant they supposedly did drugs to film some of the scenes.