Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    If you guys stick to talking about the NBA rather than baseball, I will be an avid poster in this thread.

My Detroit Pistons were alternately disappointing and illuminating this year, with little in-between.

I'm hopeful for next year, as I think we've got a potential superstar in Reggie Jackson, to pair with our already-in-house potential superstar, Andre Drummond.

-Pav, who loves to talk NBA basketball as much he loves to talk comics...
    At least they tried, which is a hell a lot better then the 76ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    If you guys stick to talking about the NBA rather than baseball, I will be an avid poster in this thread.
    Only six short months...

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    As a New Yorker, I fear I may not have much interest in discussing the NBA this year. Oh, those Knicks
    For real. Oh, how I've longed for those Pat Reilly days.
    Nichols is my middle name...

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Okay, so the Texas Rangers season opener with the Oakland Athletics was every bit as painful as one might have imagined, only more so...

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Like the series finale of Breaking Bad, I didn't think the first season finale of Better Call Saul was as strong as the episode that preceded it. I still think I'm in it for the long haul with this series.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Okay, so the Texas Rangers season opener with the Oakland Athletics was every bit as painful as one might have imagined, only more so...
    I'm an A's fan. So I kind of feel your pain while at the same time sort of revel in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Like the series finale of Breaking Bad, I didn't think the first season finale of Better Call Saul was as strong as the episode that preceded it. I still think I'm in it for the long haul with this series.
    Embarrasses me to admit, I have not watched either. I keep meaning to start a binge-watch marathon of BB but the number of total episodes is intimidating....

Embarrasses me to admit, I have not watched either. I keep meaning to start a binge-watch marathon of BB but the number of total episodes is intimidating....
    It is one of the best written shows in the history of ever. You need to get on that.
    Nichols is my middle name...

So that's what would have happened to Peter and Gwen if Norman hadn't killed her.

When I clicked the link, I really expected it to be a story revealing her secret love for bacon and milkshakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm an A's fan. So I kind of feel your pain while at the same time sort of revel in it.
    LOL! That's okay, last night went considerably better for us.

You know, I never have either. I hear it's great, but not really keen on the idea of watching a human being self-destruct over the course of several seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    You know, I never have either. I hear it's great, but not really keen on the idea of watching a human being self-destruct over the course of several seasons.

That's not why I haven't started watching, though; like I said, it just seems daunting to tackle a show that has 70-someodd episodes to it. It certainly doesn't seem to be the kind of show that one samples for a few episodes here and there and I am too obsessive to just abandon it so I need to find a week where I won't need to eat or sleep to watch it!

I've watched the first two seasons an year ago, and stopped. It's a great show, but kinda draining. I'll finish it at some point in the near future.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets