Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    That's not why I haven't started watching, though; like I said, it just seems daunting to tackle a show that has 70-someodd episodes to it. It certainly doesn't seem to be the kind of show that one samples for a few episodes here and there and I am too obsessive to just abandon it so I need to find a week where I won't need to eat or sleep to watch it!
    Well, it won't be this weekend...Daredevil!!!!!!

I started watching it in the middle of serial binging Netflix because I thought it was something I could only digest an episode or two at a time and I would push myself away from the damned TV.

Whoops.

And speaking of Bob Odenkirk (how the Breaking Bad stuff came up), Mr. Show is coming back for four new episodes on Netflix. Although they're just calling it "With Bob and David". (I assume HBO owns the rights to the name Mr. Show?)

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Well, it won't be this weekend...Daredevil!!!!!!
    Haha---yeah, I am PUMPED for that!! I actually went to Neflix last night to confirm the available date (Apr 10) and decided to sample their new "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" show (produced by Tina Fey)----it is excellent!! Very sharply written and wonderful comedic performances as you might imagine from a Tina Fey production. I watched the first 3 episodes (24 min each) and I highly recommend it if you are looking for something offbeat but funny.

Haha---yeah, I am PUMPED for that!! I actually went to Neflix last night to confirm the available date (Apr 10) and decided to sample their new "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" show (produced by Tina Fey)----it is excellent!! Very sharply written and wonderful comedic performances as you might imagine from a Tina Fey production. I watched the first 3 episodes (24 min each) and I highly recommend it if you are looking for something offbeat but funny.
    Thanks for the recommendation! I love Tina Fey, she's incredibly funny.

I probably won't get to binge watch Daredevil, since it's rated MA, and you simpy can't tell a kid not to walk into the living room for thirteen hours!

Daredevil might be the kinda show that it's ok to watch here and there (much like Marvel's Agents of SHIELD)….some shows definitely beg to be binge-watched (Walking Dead comes to mind!) and others are ok to catch up on weekly or what-have-you. As Mr Mets said earlier in this thread, he found BB emotionally draining and I actually felt that way about The Sopranos---too difficult to watch 4 or 5 episodes in a row. On the other hand, Orange Is The New Black definitely worked for me to binge on.

Daredevil might be the kinda show that it's ok to watch here and there (much like Marvel's Agents of SHIELD)….some shows definitely beg to be binge-watched (Walking Dead comes to mind!) and others are ok to catch up on weekly or what-have-you. As Mr Mets said earlier in this thread, he found BB emotionally draining and I actually felt that way about The Sopranos---too difficult to watch 4 or 5 episodes in a row. On the other hand, Orange Is The New Black definitely worked for me to binge on.
    My favorite show to binge watch was Burn Notice. It felt weird when we worked our way to the last season and had to wait a week for the next episode!

LOL! That's okay, last night went considerably better for us.
    Yah, well, won't be the last time I suspect. Things are looking pretty competitive in the AL West, should be a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah, well, won't be the last time I suspect. Things are looking pretty competitive in the AL West, should be a good year.
    Here's hoping!

Mavs are in a weird place right now. Lots of talent, but the pieces aren't coming together quite right. We've played miserably since the All-Star break. Some of that can be attributed to injuries, but there are other issues, and it's hard to pin down exactly what needs to change. There's a temptation to say Rondo just isn't working, but I don't believe it. I think once he's had a full offseason with the Mavs things will click better. Assuming he stays with the Mavs...
    Yeah, I think Rondo is an interesting player - so frustrating in a lot of ways and yet his strengths are so amazing. The dude can pass and play D so well, and you have to like his swagger even if it sometimes gets him in trouble. Having no jumpshot is an issue, but when you're on the same team as Dirk it shouldn't really be such a big deal. The Mavs have been pretty good about staying relevant and figuring things out, so if Rondo stays I'm sure things will turn out okay - and even if he doesn't, they'll probably recover quickly.

Plus, the Mavs have a great coach in Carlisle. I was bummed when the Pistons got rid of him, although we did trade up with the hiring of Larry Brown, and I wouldn't trade that 2004 championship for anything. But even still, I wonder if it would've been better to have kept Carlisle for the long haul than to have LB for only two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    At least they tried, which is a hell a lot better then the 76ers.
    Ugh. I get the 76ers strategy, and for Sixer fans I hope it works, but it is gross. If I were a player, I wouldn't want to play for a front office doing all it could to tank with hopes that said tanking will eventually lead to success. Just seems like a dangerous mindset.

Don't get why they trade MCW either. He seems pretty legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I've watched the first two seasons an year ago, and stopped. It's a great show, but kinda draining. I'll finish it at some point in the near future.
    Braking Bad is definitely amazing, but yeah, I'm kinda with Mets. I stopped watching Boardwalk Empire for similar reasons.

-Pav, who doesn't like when TV reminds him how crappy the world can be...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Yeah, I think Rondo is an interesting player - so frustrating in a lot of ways and yet his strengths are so amazing. The dude can pass and play D so well, and you have to like his swagger even if it sometimes gets him in trouble. Having no jumpshot is an issue, but when you're on the same team as Dirk it shouldn't really be such a big deal. The Mavs have been pretty good about staying relevant and figuring things out, so if Rondo stays I'm sure things will turn out okay - and even if he doesn't, they'll probably recover quickly.
    Rondo's been shooting a lot better as of late, which is great, because it means defenders can't take him totally for granted.

And you're right, the Mavs will adapt. There's already been improvement since Carlisle and Rondo had their public shouting match, with Carlisle letting Rondo call more plays.

The big question mark is whether Rondo and Monta Ellis are compatible, since Ellis isn't getting the ball in his hands as much with the adjusted offense, and that clearly doesn't make him happy. So there's a lot of debate as to who we should keep if it comes to that.

Plus, the Mavs have a great coach in Carlisle. I was bummed when the Pistons got rid of him, although we did trade up with the hiring of Larry Brown, and I wouldn't trade that 2004 championship for anything. But even still, I wonder if it would've been better to have kept Carlisle for the long haul than to have LB for only two years.
    Carlisle is indeed awesome, and we're very glad to have him.

Braking Bad is definitely amazing, but yeah, I'm kinda with Mets. I stopped watching Boardwalk Empire for similar reasons.

I get the slippery slope concept, but when it comes to watching characters self-destruct, I prefer it as a one-shot kind of thing, like The Twilight Zone.

Ugh. I get the 76ers strategy, and for Sixer fans I hope it works, but it is gross. If I were a player, I wouldn't want to play for a front office doing all it could to tank with hopes that said tanking will eventually lead to success. Just seems like a dangerous mindset.
    The fact is the players they get are injured and won't play 2017, so they all are buying into this belief that 2017 they'll dominate the Eastern Conference with their young talent. It'll only blow up if they invest in young talent that doesn't work out (MCW).

Don't get why they trade MCW either. He seems pretty legit.
    After all the trades Chip Kelly made for the Eagles, completely forgot about MCW.

I don't have the attention to watch anything past half an hour expect sports.

BANNED

So I am currently in Vegas, and on Sunday will be tying the knot with my much better half. Already told her that Daredevil premieres tomorrow. She has been forewarned.

have to say, i like both. i love a bit of escapism and bright, beautiful hope in a story. other times, i just want to see human behaviour in horrible conditions because it really hits me in the gut.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    So I am currently in Vegas, and on Sunday will be tying the knot with my much better half. Already told her that Daredevil premieres tomorrow. She has been forewarned.

congrats man. wishing you all the best for the big day.

was it making her watch “warrior” that cinched it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    congrats man. wishing you all the best for the big day.

was it making her watch “warrior” that cinched it?
    I made her a better person in doing so, but she made me a better man.