Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Really loving DC Rebirth right now.
    Same here I must say.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I JUST MISS WEIRDWORLD, OKAY?!

-Pav, who would go to his happy place except it got cancelled...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Really loving DC Rebirth right now.
    Its been good. Especially enjoying Rucka's Wonder Woman. But the other day I picked up my first ever Deathstroke comic and actually enjoyed it. Crazy times.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Its been good. Especially enjoying Rucka's Wonder Woman. But the other day I picked up my first ever Deathstroke comic and actually enjoyed it. Crazy times.
    A good Wonder Woman finally? I gotta buy that at the next con!

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    A good Wonder Woman finally? I gotta buy that at the next con!
    Its pretty good, best I've read since ... the last Rucka series!

So I am about 5 months late to the party but finally watched Batman V Superman last night and.....well, it wasn't the complete mess I expected. Zack took the anti-Marvel approach and made it dark, a bit lumbering and more thoughtful----which is not always better for a superhero story. I thought Affleck was great (minus the dopy DK voice) and Gal Godot solid in her limited role but Eisenberg's Lex Luthor terrible; also, the central Watchmen-esque theme was a good one but the execution was horrible IMO. And to show Batman ready to kill Supes and then do a 180 simply because of "Martha" was cringeworthy (to be kind). Also, the fact that a good chunk of the film was promo for upcoming DCU movies took me out of the story and the overstuffed 3rd act with Doomsday was not only unnecessary in this film but also burned a good idea for a future flick. An overall flawed movie that had an undeniably unique vision and some solid performances.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    So I am about 5 months late to the party but finally watched Batman V Superman last night and.....well, it wasn't the complete mess I expected. Zack took the anti-Marvel approach and made it dark, a bit lumbering and more thoughtful----which is not always better for a superhero story. I thought Affleck was great (minus the dopy DK voice) and Gal Godot solid in her limited role but Eisenberg's Lex Luthor terrible; also, the central Watchmen-esque theme was a good one but the execution was horrible IMO. And to show Batman ready to kill Supes and then do a 180 simply because of "Martha" was cringeworthy (to be kind). Also, the fact that a good chunk of the film was promo for upcoming DCU movies took me out of the story and the overstuffed 3rd act with Doomsday was not only unnecessary in this film but also burned a good idea for a future flick. An overall flawed movie that had an undeniably unique vision and some solid performances.
    I saw BvS recently for the first time and absolutely hated it. I can't remember the last time I hated a movie as much as I hated BvS. (And while I'm not shy on sharing my negative feelings on Sony's ASM films, I actually hated BvS far more.)

"Martha" was the only part that has stuck with me as really unforgivable. Lex was all right with me, in spite of Eisenberg.

"Martha" was the only part that has stuck with me as really unforgivable. Lex was all right with me, in spite of Eisenberg.
    Lois tossing the kryptonite spear, and then a few seconds later going back for it.

Its pretty good, best I've read since ... the last Rucka series!
    Yeah, I haven't read Wonder Woman regularly since Messner-Loebs, but I'm on board for this so far.

The "Martha" thing was so awful I can't believe it got past editing; I suppose they needed something to act as a bridge for the 2 of them but I can think of a few dozen much better vehicles than that off the top of my head.

The "Martha" thing was so awful I can't believe it got past editing; I suppose they needed something to act as a bridge for the 2 of them but I can think of a few dozen much better vehicles than that off the top of my head.
    i actually didn't mind that, mostly because they're both mumma's boys. though as a way to connect batman to superman's humanity, it's actually not that bad considering bruce's parental obsession.

i fast forwarded about 80% of the film, but what i liked was: batman's warehouse fight (despite the killing, it was really well executed). wonder woman. aaaaand that's it.

didn't like: all the bits i fastforwarded. henry cavill's shouty acting.though considering "300", that might be snyder's direction.
    troo fan or death

Incredible Member

I feel like the whole Martha thing could have worked if they approached it from the angle that it helped Bruce realize the path he had gone down and that in a way he had become the thing he swore to stop. In a way becoming a "Joe Chill" and killing an innocent man because he was afraid. The execution in the movie, though, was pretty bad.