Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    So over the past year, I've been working on a novel. I finished the first draft of it last year, and lately I've been doing a lot of research in preparation for the second draft. On Tuesday, I decided to go to this second-hand store that I used to frequent a lot as a kid, hoping to find some books to use in my research.
    Judging from the quality of your posts and the thought you put into them, I have no doubt it’ll be fantastic. Be sure to link to it whenever it’s published so I can purchase it.

PS. If you don’t have it yet, you should totally check out the latest edition of the Writer’s Market when you’re ready to begin submissions. It has a comprehensive list of current reputable publishers, including those who accept unsolicited manuscripts. There’s also another version for literary agents.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Who did Daredevil spoilers:
    kill? I've read that elsewhere but can't remember the scene.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I’ve seen some people say he “killed” Nobu, who burns to death because of Matt at the end of episode 9, though I’m personally not sure I consider that to be a “kill.”
    end of spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4TJWBT77uA (5:04 mark)
    Last edited by Keeper of the Crows; 04-17-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'd suggest spoiler tags with regard to DAREDEVIL, as it's only been out a week.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'd suggest spoiler tags with regard to DAREDEVIL, as it's only been out a week.
    Yeah, that's definitely something to keep in mind.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Anyone buy their advance tickets for Avengers: Age of Ultron yet? We have an Alamo Drafthouse Cinema nearby in Yonkers, NY (Westchester Cty) that not only allows you to purchase your tix ahead of time but offers food, beer and even cocktails delivered to your seat! Woo Hoo!! Watched Winter Soldier and ASM 2 like that last year and will do the same for AOU!

BANNED

They have an Alamo Drafthouse in Yonkers? Huh. I've been to one in Austin, nice place and they're always doing movie events from new and older films. There's similar theaters up here in Arlington where you can get served dinner and alcohol while you watch your movie. It's fun if also a little expensive.

Anyway, didn't get my ticket yet. I do first showings, as is, and they're usually pretty thin crowds.

I haven't decided how I'm going to see AoU yet. My friend is getting married on that Friday (how rude!).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I haven't decided how I'm going to see AoU yet. My friend is getting married on that Friday (how rude!).
    Tell them to reschedule so you don't have to avoid spoilers like landmines.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Anyone buy their advance tickets for Avengers: Age of Ultron yet? We have an Alamo Drafthouse Cinema nearby in Yonkers, NY (Westchester Cty) that not only allows you to purchase your tix ahead of time but offers food, beer and even cocktails delivered to your seat! Woo Hoo!! Watched Winter Soldier and ASM 2 like that last year and will do the same for AOU!
    I didn't know there was one so near me. Awesome news.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That is some damn poor planning on their part! BTW, there should almost certainly be some midnight screenings on Thursday so ya got that option!

9.jpg

How about those METS????

BANNED

9.jpg

How about those METS????
    Please let this be their year.

Also, we have a new child. I'd like to introduce Boots. Not quite named after our fellow poster, but I thought boots would still dig it. Any other similarities are totally unintentional.

Congrats on the new addition, oldschool!

Stayed up late last night to watch second game of the Mavs/Rockets series...ouch. Mavs stayed competitive most of the game, but were never in control (their biggest lead was 3, I think), then it was a 30-19 run for the Rockets in the fourth. There were so many opportunities the Mavs could have taken advantage of, but Rondo had a horrible night, Dirk's shooting was off, and Monta never caught fire. Losing Parsons and Harris hurt. Really hoping for some kind of miracle in Dallas on Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Congrats on the new addition, oldschool!

Stayed up late last night to watch second game of the Mavs/Rockets series...ouch. Mavs stayed competitive most of the game, but were never in control (their biggest lead was 3, I think), then it was a 30-19 run for the Rockets in the fourth. There were so many opportunities the Mavs could have taken advantage of, but Rondo had a horrible night, Dirk's shooting was off, and Monta never caught fire. Losing Parsons and Harris hurt. Really hoping for some kind of miracle in Dallas on Friday...

The "new addition" is Cyberhubbs', not mine (don't wanna steal his thunder!). Did not watch any of that Mavs/Rockets game but lately I am on sports overload between the Mets' hot start, playoff hockey and basketball----no wonder I haven't finished the Daredevil Netflix series yet!!

The "new addition" is Cyberhubbs', not mine (don't wanna steal his thunder!). Did not watch any of that Mavs/Rockets game but lately I am on sports overload between the Mets' hot start, playoff hockey and basketball----no wonder I haven't finished the Daredevil Netflix series yet!!
    Ah, sorry. He quoted you on the Mets, hence the confusion. And I stayed up really late last night...

It is indeed a frantic and fun time for sports fans. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on DD when you get around to finishing it.

Cute little puppy there!