Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

An Applehead Chihuahua. It's the wife's, but we're getting attached. I played hookie from work today just to hang out with the little guy. On his first full day in our home.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Stayed up late last night to watch second game of the Mavs/Rockets series...ouch. Mavs stayed competitive most of the game, but were never in control (their biggest lead was 3, I think), then it was a 30-19 run for the Rockets in the fourth. There were so many opportunities the Mavs could have taken advantage of, but Rondo had a horrible night, Dirk's shooting was off, and Monta never caught fire. Losing Parsons and Harris hurt. Really hoping for some kind of miracle in Dallas on Friday...
    You guys need a miracle, it seems.

As for Rondo, he's gotta be on his way out after the season, right? I mean, he just seems to have been a total negative influence. Rick Carlisle must hate his guts.

Of course, after walking it to halfcourt and not making it in time, I'd be pissed off too.

-Pav, who is stoked about having Reggie Jackson at PG for the Pistons...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    As for Rondo, he's gotta be on his way out after the season, right? I mean, he just seems to have been a total negative influence. Rick Carlisle must hate his guts.
    Well, Carlisle recently said that he doesn't expect Rondo to ever wear a Mavs uniform again. Probably no love lost.

Of course, after walking it to halfcourt and not making it in time, I'd be pissed off too.
    The official story is that Rondo is out for the rest of the series with back problems, which could explain his poor peformance on Tuesday.

Regardless of the whys, the Rondo experiment is officially a failure.

Next season can't begin soon enough....

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    The official story is that Rondo is out for the rest of the series with back problems, which could explain his poor peformance on Tuesday.

Regardless of the whys, the Rondo experiment is officially a failure.

Next season can't begin soon enough....
    Back problems shmack problems.

I wonder where Rondo will go. Everyone's saying he's proved he's not worth big bucks anymore, but it only takes that one team to cough up the dough. Unfortunately for Rondo, the PG position is like so strong right now in the NBA. It seems like almost every team has a guy that is a keeper.

Maybe the Lakers rumors will prove to be true, but that's an aging back court tandem right there.

Meanwhile, Scotty Brooks got fired and I was kinda like "Yeah, I get it" but simultaneously like "He kinda got hosed."

I wonder if the Thunder already have a replacement in line for the job.

-Pav, who still thinks that's the only reason Carlisle got shipped out of Detroit back in the day...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mavs pulled off a win last night, so there will not be a Houston sweep.

This after former Mav Jason Terry wore black to symbolize the Mavs' 'funeral.'

Devin Harris got his revenge for getting blatantly shoved by Dwight Howard in Game 3. Of course, Harris got the Flagrant 1 that Howard never did, but whatever. Harris sent the message that the Mavericks were not going to get pushed around, and indeed they didn't.

When asked about the officiating, Rick Carlisle had this to say:

This is probably going to be a slow weekend at the box office. Poor Hollywood.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Man, we had our tickets purchased. Then I end up with a 102 fever. Feel like a terrible fan for not crawling outta bed. Now I gotta wait for Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I was thinking "No wonder the new Spider-Man movie is rumored to be called "The New Avenger.""

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Man, we had our tickets purchased. Then I end up with a 102 fever. Feel like a terrible fan for not crawling outta bed. Now I gotta wait for Sunday.
    Today is my friend's wedding and I am also in "sick mode." It's made the last few days really unpleasant. (And this is without getting into the drama of the groom's bachelor party.)

The reception to AoU has been rather positive on my facebook feed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I was thinking "No wonder the new Spider-Man movie is rumored to be called "The New Avenger.""

Today is my friend's wedding and I am also in "sick mode." It's made the last few days really unpleasant. (And this is without getting into the drama of the groom's bachelor party.)

The reception to AoU has been rather positive on my facebook feed.
    They still didn't reschedule the wedding so you could watch AoU? So selfish. You can get married whenever, but there's a clear window of avoiding spoilers before it does become unavoidable.

Yeah, we have a few friends in the Philippines who got to watch it a week before here in the US. It was rough not asking questions.

Ooh. Bachelor party drama. Do tell. Did the donkey overdose? Did the groom's evil twin show up and try to replace him?

They still didn't reschedule the wedding so you could watch AoU? So selfish. You can get married whenever, but there's a clear window of avoiding spoilers before it does become unavoidable.

Yeah, we have a few friends in the Philippines who got to watch it a week before here in the US. It was rough not asking questions.

Ooh. Bachelor party drama. Do tell. Did the donkey overdose? Did the groom's evil twin show up and try to replace him?
    You know, as soon as I typed out bachelor party drama, I knew I'd get people asking about it. And honestly, taking a step back, it was a really interesting night. You know you're in for a rather interesting night when the bride-to-be has to plan her fiancee's bachelor party.

So, just the cliff notes version.

I was really sick.

The friend who was supposed to plan it was also sick but he didn't plan anything and didn't come with. So the bride to be planned it out. I didn't even get word on any kind of plan until around 3 p.m. that day.

People literally showed up last minute. We didn't know who was coming.

One friend forgot his wallet. (He did this same thing before once years ago.) He borrowed my car and took another friend to get his wallet. Said second friend ended up losing HIS wallet.

The second friend who forgot his wallet ended up getting crap from his girlfriend ALL NIGHT. He told her he "wasn't sure" if he'd go or not. She took this as 100% "I'm not going" and gave him hell for going. By the end of the night, she broke up with him and went on a facebook rant about being shown "what kind of guy he is." (Everyone else, including the bride to be, said she was being insecure and selfish. Making the night all about her instead of about the bachelor.)

(Being sick at a bachelor party is not fun. I do not recommend it.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You know, as soon as I typed out bachelor party drama, I knew I'd get people asking about it. And honestly, taking a step back, it was a really interesting night. You know you're in for a rather interesting night when the bride-to-be has to plan her fiancee's bachelor party.

So, just the cliff notes version.

I was really sick.

The friend who was supposed to plan it was also sick but he didn't plan anything and didn't come with. So the bride to be planned it out. I didn't even get word on any kind of plan until around 3 p.m. that day.

People literally showed up last minute. We didn't know who was coming.

One friend forgot his wallet. (He did this same thing before once years ago.) He borrowed my car and took another friend to get his wallet. Said second friend ended up losing HIS wallet.

The second friend who forgot his wallet ended up getting crap from his girlfriend ALL NIGHT. He told her he "wasn't sure" if he'd go or not. She took this as 100% "I'm not going" and gave him hell for going. By the end of the night, she broke up with him and went on a facebook rant about being shown "what kind of guy he is." (Everyone else, including the bride to be, said she was being insecure and selfish. Making the night all about her instead of about the bachelor.)

(Being sick at a bachelor party is not fun. I do not recommend it.)
    Best bachelor party ever.

Best bachelor party ever.
    Yes! It was 100% well thought out and nothing bad happened at all!

No drugs or prostitutes, and only one couple broker up?

Pretty lightweight affair.

I had a bachelor party for a friend once that was nothing like a party at all. We just hung out at my apartment and played video games. But then my friend's jealous fiance showed up and argued with him for several hours because she was convinced strippers would show up as soon as she left. And my other friend suggested no stippers, just hookers, because he liked pissing her off. It was an exhausting night for all concerned. In the end there was no depravity, but many souls were lost that night on N64 Goldeneye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    No drugs or prostitutes, and only one couple broker up?

Pretty lightweight affair.
    You'll notice I didn't say where we went or what we actually did.

(I don't want to get banned.)