Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

The last bachelor party I went to, we sat around drinking and playing cards. Cards! It was fun, and ok they were naked woman cards, but still.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I had a bachelor party for a friend once that was nothing like a party at all. We just hung out at my apartment and played video games. But then my friend's jealous fiance showed up and argued with him for several hours because she was convinced strippers would show up as soon as she left. And my other friend suggested no stippers, just hookers, because he liked pissing her off. It was an exhausting night for all concerned. In the end there was no depravity, but many souls were lost that night on N64 Goldeneye.
    How'd the wedding go?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    How'd the wedding go?
    The wedding went off without a hitch, but they're divorced now.

My friend's wedding didn't go off without a hitch (except for the couple actually getting hitched). He forgot the rings! Another friend and I had to perform an emergency rescue operation!

Getting stuck behind a Camaro doing ten miles under the speed limit is a sign of the Apocalypse, right?

Maybe Hickman's psychic.

BANNED

Happy Storm Month everyone!

I did not see this before, that's what happens when I hike away from what was my home turf in the old forums.
    I wish the thread I started was opened and resurrected.
    Ok, I'm done reminiscing, on to business.

Spider-Man 3 is still my favorite Spidey game.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

alright this isn't spiderman related but i really had a bad mothers day yesterday even a bad morning. this morning my moim and my sister were talking about something and my sister got angry and took her anger out on me for some reason and the conversation wasn't even about me. she was like this all day and continued to be like this today. this was the first time my sister acted this way towards me. she's kinda insane. my mother was no better too. it's bad enough that my sister called me ugly, fat, stupid and wished i died(yeah she really did say that over a small conversation that isn't even about me), she also took my iPod and claims she doesn't have it. do you guys honestly live with any messed up relatatives? ones who are also pretty much bratty despite being way older than you?

This is the no Spider-Man talk zone, you're in the right place.
    In situations like this, it is a good idea to lock yourself in your room.
    Or, stay, take the harsh words, that should calm the ladies, and make peace after the heated exchange.
    This is just a way some people find the outsider to be the shoulder to cry on.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    This is the no Spider-Man talk zone, you're in the right place.
    In situations like this, it is a good idea to lock yourself in your room.
    Or, stay, take the harsh words, that should calm the ladies, and make peace after the heated exchange.
    This is just a way some people find the outsider to be the shoulder to cry on.
    that's what i usually do except they don't cry on my shoulder. but i see what happens.

The penultimate episode of Mad Men was really something. We're in for an emotional series finale.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The penultimate episode of Mad Men was really something. We're in for an emotional series finale.

Oh, I agree!! I thought the last few seasons were just ok and in fact the first half of this season was a bit underwhelming but the last few weeks have been absolutely outstanding. It seems that each character is being brought to his/her natural conclusion in a thoughtful and sometimes surprising way; not only that, but nothing is feeling rushed or thrown together. I suspect Weiner knew how he wanted certain stories to end quite a while ago; I am just anxious to hear how Peggy and Roger's story ends. My guess is that Peggy will become one of the women to move up the ladder at McCann. Roger I can't figure; I used to fear that he would commit suicide but he really has no reason to do so now with his new relationship with Megan's mom and of course his wealth is secure (plus they played the suicide card with Lane). Betty/Sally's scene last week was easily Betty's best moment on the show ever.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Oh, I agree!! I thought the last few seasons were just ok and in fact the first half of this season was a bit underwhelming but the last few weeks have been absolutely outstanding. It seems that each character is being brought to his/her natural conclusion in a thoughtful and sometimes surprising way; not only that, but nothing is feeling rushed or thrown together. I suspect Weiner knew how he wanted certain stories to end quite a while ago; I am just anxious to hear how Peggy and Roger's story ends. My guess is that Peggy will become one of the women to move up the ladder at McCann. Roger I can't figure; I used to fear that he would commit suicide but he really has no reason to do so now with his new relationship with Megan's mom and of course his wealth is secure (plus they played the suicide card with Lane). Betty/Sally's scene last week was easily Betty's best moment on the show ever.
    It feels like certain stories have actually come to an end. Such as Betty's story. Such as Pete's story. Sure, we might see these characters in the last episode, but I don't think there will be a big emphasis on them.

I'm curious how Peggy's story will end. I'm curious about Roger's story. And I'm especially curious about Don's.

I was speaking to someone I know recently about the series and how I thought it would end. And she echoed your sentiments about the show being underwhelming over the last few seasons. But that the last few episodes have had everyone bringing their A-game. Glad that I'm not the only one here looking forward to the end of Mad Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It feels like certain stories have actually come to an end. Such as Betty's story. Such as Pete's story. Sure, we might see these characters in the last episode, but I don't think there will be a big emphasis on them.

I'm curious how Peggy's story will end. I'm curious about Roger's story. And I'm especially curious about Don's.

I was speaking to someone I know recently about the series and how I thought it would end. And she echoed your sentiments about the show being underwhelming over the last few seasons. But that the last few episodes have had everyone bringing their A-game. Glad that I'm not the only one here looking forward to the end of Mad Men.
    Well, we will know how it all will wrap up in a few days but, and I could certainly be wrong, but I think we kind of already got a glimpse into how Don's story ends. He may just be the eternal nomad, forever suffering regret that he did not do more with his life as he intimated to the con artist in Kansas. He is clearly done with the advertising biz and I don't see any other real path for him.