View Poll Results: Disney is Burying the X-Men. What do you think?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree. It's obvious at this point.

120 80.54%
  • Disagree. Disney would never hurt the mutants.

29 19.46%
Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Business Insider: DISNEY buries the X-MEN.

originally considered adding this to the complex, but feel this article deserved it's own discussion.

from popular business and media publication, business insider.

on april 6, 2015. the publication details how disney has made several efforts to bury fan-favorite franchise, the x-men.

article is here: http://www.businessinsider.com/its-a...e-x-men-2015-4

So true! But sadly this is what is going to take to get Disney to stop tanking the X-men. Articles in legitimate publications. These cant be written off as fan hysteria or conspiracy theories. Just facts laid out for the world to see. And Marvel better watch out they aren't building a good image here if the mouse ever does abandon them. They may have a hard time looking for support after fighting dirty with companies that saved them from bankruptcy not too long ago.

Seems true to me. Not sure if good or bad though. Change my mind on this....daily.

To solve all this mess Disney or New Corp have to buy each other out.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

I was just about to post it!!!

I'm glad we are not the only ones that noticed that.

It's pretty obvious at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    So true! But sadly this is what is going to take to get Disney to stop tanking the X-men. Articles in legitimate publications. These cant be written off as fan hysteria or conspiracy theories. Just facts laid out for the world to see. And Marvel better watch out they aren't building a good image here if the mouse ever does abandon them. They may have a hard time looking for support after fighting dirty with companies that saved them from bankruptcy not too long ago.
    Nothing will stop them except Fox surrendering the Star Wars Movie Rights. This is a Proxy War, the X-men themselves dont matter all that much.

BANNED

Nah. It's just downplaying.

Mighty Member

Holy crap, we're still peddling Claremont's demonstrably false nonsense about not creating new mutants?
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Nothing will stop them except Fox surrendering the Star Wars Movie Rights. This is a Proxy War, the X-men themselves dont matter all that much.
    i really hate that star wars have this effect, but the sad reality is all these properties are just being used as weapons. to either make more money or prevent money from being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Holy crap, we're still peddling Claremont's demonstrably false nonsense about not creating new mutants?
    That quote is gonna follow CC to the grave. Marvel can't be to happy about it - it seems to be a very popular. Something tells me CC might now wish he'd never said it.

With the way journalism works on the internet, we might see more of this story over the week - it's going to be interesting to see if Marvel responds.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 04-06-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Didn't those creations in Claremonts Nightcrawler series turn out to be aliens instead of mutants? So perhaps there is some truth to his statement after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    That quote is gonna follow CC to the grave. Marvel can't be to happy about it - it seem to be a very popular. Something tells me CC might now wish he'd never said it.
    if it was accurate or not, it is not cc's responsibility.

if he was in error, then marvel should issue an official correction. if not, then he should not be afraid to say what he understood.

BANNED

Didn't stop bendis.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

It will only hurt X-fans and Marvel in the long run. They are not going to get the movie rights back so they might as well utilize the X-men to their fullest.