View Poll Results: Disney is Burying the X-Men. What do you think?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree. It's obvious at this point.

120 80.54%
  • Disagree. Disney would never hurt the mutants.

29 19.46%
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pryde9 View Post
    a retcon that made sense and that was dine to help the characters grow because long before it was revealed they where his kids it was always foreshadowed.

the recent retcon is not for artistic purpose it is because marvel hates xmen and that is nearly a retcon at all. no marvel fan is taking it seriously. not to mention the MAJOR PLOTHOLES of the twins as inhumans.
    The twins are not Inhumans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    Fuck you Disney, I shall never buy any comics by Marvel ever if they ever wipe out the X-universe.
    If it wasn't X men in the 90s and 00s , if it wasn't the X men movie and the X men games in the console, Marvel wouldn't be alive let alone becoming a major power house
    They're not wiping out the X-universe.

Marvel creators have confirmed this.

Ultimate Member

Fuck you Disney, I shall never buy any comics by Marvel ever if they ever wipe out the X-universe.
    If it wasn't X men in the 90s and 00s , if it wasn't the X men movie and the X men games in the console, Marvel wouldn't be alive let alone becoming a major power house
    Fear not, they're not wiping out the X-universe.

Marvel has confirmed this.

BANNED

Right then, well while you continue to live in the past, Marvel has moved on.

BANNED

Majority of the xmen films are better than marvel films. marvel films barely have any story in it. marvel films represents the death of comic films in my book. in the early 2000 xmen 1 came out and change the scale of what comic films should be making it about story and many themes. chris nolan himself said he was inspired by the xmen films to make his own batman films and marvel disney came along and made comic films into one liners, clowns and fools and jokes that barely has a plot but they put lots of explosion in it to make money.

most marvel films are embarrassing to watch, it is a joke to compare a film like DOFP or X2 to avengers or guardians of the galaxy. those films are beyond generic

so i think marvel has not come close to make a good quality comic film like X2 or DOFP. marvel does not care about story. it id why they have had falling out with their actors and directors.

Mickey Roucke even said so after Iron man 2, he wanted his character to be more serious and marvel told him to play dumb, ed norton wanted a character driven arc for hulk and marvel sacked him. John Favreau wanted tony's drinking to be taken seriously but marvel said no.this are your marvel films. very dumb and childish

I also think this is why marvel wants to destroy xmen so badly because the more people wacth xmen films they more they realize how incredibly stupid and childish marvel films are.
    In 2014 DOFP was an embarrassment to marvel studio in a good way because the film exposed how incredibly stupid marvel films are.
    a retcon that made sense and that was dine to help the characters grow because long before it was revealed they where his kids it was always foreshadowed.

the recent retcon is not for artistic purpose it is because marvel hates xmen and that is nearly a retcon at all. no marvel fan is taking it seriously. not to mention the MAJOR PLOTHOLES of the twins as inhumans.
    Are you sure you know what you're typing about?

Only plothole I see is quicksilver getting shoehorned in for two scenes just to troll marvel and then not being used again for no apparent reason.

BANNED

what's stupid is if they bought the rights to X-Men why not make money off of them? That's just plain dumb to have them sit there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    what's stupid is if they bought the rights to X-Men why not make money off of them? That's just plain dumb to have them sit there
    Comics are still being made. Dozens of them.
    Marvel has more rights than just the xmen. Cant do them all. Xmen had there time now marvel has moved on. Still waiting for my inhuman cartoon. Or doctor strange or captain marvel. Captain america.....

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    They're not wiping out the X-universe.

Marvel creators have confirmed this.
    Do we have this from a reliable source? After The Spiderman unmasking and OMD/vOMIT we know that lying i seems to be acceptable at Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by fabulousmax View Post
    I have always pointed out that marvel is using the x-men as they've always done in the comics.
    Well they're not.

They'll still be part of the marvel universe and will be used whenever a writer wants them. Merch is different
    It is simpler having similar origins in all their products. Age of Ultron might be a greater success but someone coming from the movie would find it simpler to adjust to the comic version. And let's not forget again that the Magneto relation thing was retcon itself. Don't cherry pick
    I ask again, HOW? Uncanny Avengers is meant for the audience that cannot accept them being mutants but is eager to read about their history and connection to characters that are mutants, who are also on the team. Is that really a substantial part of the readership?

And Magneto being their father was a retcon, them being introduced as parts of the brotherhood of EVIL MUTANTS most assurdly is not. And retcon or not, there never ever gonna be a time when people see their connection to the Whizzer (the original father of choice) as more significant then their connection to Magneto. It will never happen, fact.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 04-08-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Pfff Marvel/Disney sucks! I download their movies and boycott their products. I don't want to give my money to the company that buried my favourite comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Exactly my point. What books is she exclusively appearing in right now?
    One where the character is continually trashed, turning into a mutant Stephen Fetchit

BANNED

I still believe the head of Disney is an X-men fan.

BANNED

Well they're not.
    Well if like 7 books are not enough, you'll never be happy....

I ask again, HOW? Uncanny Avengers is meant for the audience that cannot accept them being mutants but is eager to read about their history and connection to characters that are mutants, who are also on the team. Is that really a substantial part of the readership?

And Magneto being their father was a retcon, them being introduced as parts of the brotherhood of EVIL MUTANTS most assurdly is not. And retcon or not, there never ever gonna be a time when people see their connection to the Whizzer (the original father of choice) as more significant then their connection to Magneto. It will never happen, fact.
    Pretty sure right now their exploring the twins origins. Rogue is just there for the ride. If the writer wants to use her, he can. Or do you actually want the x-men segregated?
    Most people will know the quicksilver from the AoU movie. And thats Marvels target audience from now on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    Pfff Marvel/Disney sucks! I download their movies and boycott their products. I don't want to give my money to the company that buried my favourite comics.
    First thing they'll cut if they lose money will be the least profitable franchises.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I still believe the head of Disney is an X-men fan.
    Considering the number of x-books being made, battleworld x-men nostalgia and the chances given to cyclops, nightcrawler, storm etc. for solos, I would say you're right. Probs just hate wolverine which I can agree with.