Default Marvel take notice: BAYONETTA 2's Director wants to make a Spider-Gwen game.

橋本祐介
    ‏@PG_y_hashimoto
    If I had to work with an existing IP, I'd want to make a game in the Spider-Verse. Especially a Spider-Gwen game.

https://twitter.com/PG_y_hashimoto/s...66526340808704

He also is a HUGE Avengers and Marvel geek. Bayonetta 2 is considered one of the best games of 2014 and Platinum Games, the studio that he works with is one of the BEST studios out there. For the love of God Marvel, I like Spider-Man Unlimited, Contest of the Champions and all, but it's been so long since we got a good Marvel AAA video game. Can you please consider signing a deal with Platinum Games going forward? I know that you'd rather work with an western team and whatever you're doing you're focusing basically on mobile games, but can we please get a PS4's Spider-Verse game by platinum? Pretty please?

PLEASE DAN SLOTT KENOBI YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE. Seriously though, we need an Arkham Knight type of game from Marvel, it's been far too long. Platinum Games could become the home of the Marvel games if Marvel could work a deal with them, they are literally one of the best working video game studios out there for years now and heavily underrated, their games are always critical and public hits and the studio still doesn't get enough praise. PLEASE consider it.

Default Count me in on this one!

I'd definitely play a Spider-Gwen game. It would be a great springboard for Marvel Interactive:

1) Spider-Gwen got a lot of people talking and hyped so this would definitely catch people's attention if announced

2) Her wold is just developing and has a lot of room to grow, so new and casual fans can jump right into the tale without too much trouble

3) Marvel really needs console games. Period. They've only been focusing on ios titles and it would be great to see a new slew of games that are NOT movie tie-ins. I'd love to see another go at Spider-man, have the X-men go on another adventure, have an Agent Venom & Brock action adventure title, see the Guardians shine in a Mass Effect sprawling feature, or cut loose God of War style (minus the adult content, but rather focusing on the grand scale) with Thor.

Disney needs a game division and needs to approach console games again. The time is now!

(Dear lord, what I'd pay for an insane Platinum Deadpool and Cable game).
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Disney is not going to let that dude anywhere near this character.

Bring it on, as long as the people at Platinum Games bring their Metal Gear Rising/Bayonetta A game. The Legend of Korra game was rather disappointing.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

iMan 42s

I'd play it. Gwen definitely has a universe that is new and rich with possibilities so I can see this working out very well rather than the usual assortment of spider games. I sincerely hope Marvel takes note and want something new when it comes to the spider game formula. Though I would want a game based around Kaine, I can actually see a lot of potential in Gwen seeing as her world is so new.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Spider-Verse is dripping with video game potential. It would be great to be able to play all the various different spiders.

Personally, I'd love a video game based around Miles Morales and his unique powers, specifically camouflage & venom blast

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    Personally, I'd love a video game based around Miles Morales and his unique powers, specifically camouflage & venom blast
    That would be a pretty darn short game because the credits would start rolling as soon as you use his venom blast on an enemy.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

I get the appeal. There's a strong visual style that can be adapted into a video game. Plus, there's a kickass female lead.

The main issue would be the lack of material, and the relatively obscure license.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The main issue would be the lack of material, and the relatively obscure license.
    And the general terribleness of superhero video game adaptations that don't have "Arkham" in their titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    Spider-Verse is dripping with video game potential. It would be great to be able to play all the various different spiders.

Hmm...done in a style similar to Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 or X-Men Legends it could work.

Fantastic Member

The idea sounds cool, but I get the impression the ever looming fear of politicized misogyny would kill any chances of it happening. Bayonetta and Platinum games having been marked as enablers of misogyny and I'm pretty sure Slott's stance sides with Anita Sarkeesian's critique of gaming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Hmm...done in a style similar to Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 or X-Men Legends it could work.
    It could work as a dungeon crawler type game but I want a Spider-Verse game with an "open world" feeling, except with dozens of multi-universal "stages". You have to be able to swing freely; roam around in the Spider-Mobile & command Leopardon on random universes like the 60s Cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    And the general terribleness of superhero video game adaptations that don't have "Arkham" in their titles.
    Well, that says more about game developers leaning on the popularity of licensed intellectual properties & movie tie-ins to sell their video games instead of taking the time to develop very good video games based on popular intellectual properties.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Pretty much.

Cool Idea though.

It's worth a shot to try, I mean yeah Arkham is at the top, but look at the past Batman games, they've ranged from terrible to alright. If someone didn't decide to take a risk, put a team together and tackle the character in the modern day we would have never gotten to where we're at now.

In my opinion, what holds back a lot of the recent super hero games is that they've been tied to movie releases. Without being tied to a movie release, the game has less of a chance being rushed out the door to match a hard release date and it wont hit a certain ceiling due to movie-verse restrictions such as not being able to spoil the plot of the movie, or not being able to advance the world forward for fear of what a sequel will bring.

A team with less restrictions, tons of passion and support can make a great game. We just need someone at the top of the project who's got a great vision and balance for flair, playability, originality(this is a big one, don't want to be seen as a copy of other hero games) and knowledge of the project's limitations.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

BANNED

I would love a Spider-Gwen game. Or a console game period. Unless it was Miles based of course.