BANNED

Default This is concerning the Comic Book Rumbles section...

I tried to send The Watcher a pm asking something, but he never seemed to respond, so if you don't mind me asking here:

Reading the rumbles rules here: Finally; this goes both way. Posting on Rumbles while inciting people on another board (CBR or otherwise) to come and cause trouble, or posting on Rumbles while simply badmouthing the Rumbles board on another board (CBR or otherwise) is considered to be a violation of the Rumbles Board rules.
    Obviously badmouthing the Rumbles Board on another board (CBR or otherwise) while not posting on Rumbles cannot be considered a violation of Rumbles rules. However, it may result in a Board-ban from the Rumbles board to spare the poster the agony of having to read and/or post on a board they dislike so much.

I'd like to ask.

How does an admin/mod know if a rumbler incites a person on another board to come and cause trouble or posting on Rumbles?

And moreso, how would an admin/mod know if a rumbler is badmouthing the rumbles board on another board outside of CBR if they don't know what's going on outside the forums?

Unless you have intentions of causing trouble here or badmouthing Rumbles elsewhere, how we know shouldn't be a concern.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Unless you have intentions of causing trouble here or badmouthing Rumbles elsewhere, how we know shouldn't be a concern.
    I am not. I am only curious as to how does a mod knows if a person is on a completely different forum badmouthing the rumbles, if their field of jurisdiction doesn't extend there?

If I wanted to make an analogy: It's like if a couple of cops in New York City tells a rule to the citizens of the city not to badmouth the NYPD in other states or cities or in Canada or Mexico, how would said cops know if they are doing such things if they are far away from their range of sight?

I apologize if I am making this thread in the wrong place and I also apologize if I did not know that there are other people on this site that I could go to and ask about this question. If so, please redirect me to them. Thanks.

We can appreciate that you're curious, but this is a part of our system that doesn't need to be discussed in public. You don't need to know how the sausage is made.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-20-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)