Super Moderator

Default OFFICIAL: Russo Brothers To Direct Two-Part "Avengers: Infinity War"

Marvel has announced that "Captain America" directors Joe and Anthony Russo will helm the massive Marvel movies.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

So does Infinity War mean finally doing something with the Infinity Gauntlet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Sure does! The reveal showed a brief clip of Thanks wearing it.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Hopefully Part 1 does not end on a cliff hanger since there will be many movies between part 1 and 2 and that will leave people feeling confused.

Although, Part 1 could lead directly into Part 2 with no gap in time. Given that Blank Panther and Captain Marvel are the only movies to be released (as of now) between Part 1 and Part 2, I could see those films as standalone and far away from the War story.

Though Blank Panther will be in the MCU before Part 1, he may not be inducted into the Avengers until after Part 1, or his solo film is an adventure that runs parallel to Part 1.

As for the Captain Marvel, I could easily see her adventure being either a result of the Infinity War or a story that happens to deal with the cosmic side of Marvel. Given Carol a chance to show what other parts of the galaxy are doing during that time period.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Terrific news. However much I've loved Whedon's Marvel work and however much I'm eagerly awaiting Age of Ultron, Joss has always been at his best doing his own stuff, where it truly feels like he has something to say. Meanwhile, the Russo's did such a bang up job with The Winter Soldier that I'm really looking forward to seeing what they bring to what will undoubtedly be the biggest Marvel movie ever. It's that all too rare of things: a genuine win-win situation!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Fantastic Member

With two of them, I'm assuming there will be far less chance of sheer burnout like multi-movie directors Joss Whedon and Peter Jackson claim to suffer. I really felt they did a smashing job on Winter Soldier. The pacing was stellar with an expert balancing of action sequences and quiet moments that mattered. Good luck, fellas!
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    With two of them, I'm assuming there will be far less chance of sheer burnout like multi-movie directors Joss Whedon and Peter Jackson claim to suffer. I really felt they did a smashing job on Winter Soldier. The pacing was stellar with an expert balancing of action sequences and quiet moments that mattered. Good luck, fellas!
    It wasn't just the two movies, he is Marvel's Creative Consultant for (at least) the Phase Two movies. And he was developing a new tv show and in his spare time developed Much Ado About Nothing during his break after The Avengers. He's been a very busy man.

I don't know how involved he will be with Marvel's projects in the future (aside from the tv show), but I do hope Marvel keeps him as an occasional consultant.

EDIT: It seems his contract ends sometime this year. Maybe when Age of Ultron releases, Ant Man releases, or it could go on until the last day of the year. But it seems this is when his current contract will end if nothing happens
    Last edited by MatchesMalone; 04-07-2015 at 01:04 PM.

It's nice to have it confirmed. Russos did such a great job with The Winter Soldier. Hope they bring some new and exciting things to the ultimate big-scale comic book movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Nope, it just means this two parter will feel like it never ends.

Actually LIKES comics!

Looooooooved TWS so this is good news ... I suppose. I just hate this coming before AoU, because if it's as good as it looks (or better), they will have shoes to fill the size of The Living Tribunal's taint!

I'm excited. I enjoyed TWS way more than I thought I would.

I'd still rather have Joss Whedon, but Captain America: The Winter Soldier helped establish some credibility for the Russos. Of course, this will be a different movie and on a much larger scale. I'm not sure anyone who isn't named George Lucas has ever had to deal with something like this before. I guess we'll find out in five years if they're up to the task.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Default infinity war

i know its very very far away but do you think marvel will try to use every single character from their universe from both tv and movies in the fight against thanos? or do you think maybe that would be too much.