Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What is Ambush bug ?

i have to know what is ambush bug ? human, alien, mutant or what ?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Human, although that may be a delusion. His suit may be alien, but there's wackiness involved.

But really just Keith Giffen's mouthpiece to rip on comics. Any expectations of definitive answer defeats the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Human, although that may be a delusion. His suit may be alien, but there's wackiness involved.
    Could they be the same species?

Last edited by Güicho; 05-20-2014 at 05:13 PM.

BANNED

It's funny that in 30 years of appearances, specials and regular ongoing issues, they have never come REMOTELY close to any type of origin. Not even a panel.

I love Ambush Bug, have ever since I read him in Legion of Superheroes in the 80s.

Ambush Bug does have an origin story. His real name is Irwin Schwab. He was a tv obsessed loser. Who didn't have a very strong grip on reality.
    Many light years away an alien named Brum-El (no relation to that other House of El) lived on the doomed planet Schwab. He wanted to make sure his clothes were safe, as he was quite the clothes horse. So he sent his wardrobe to earth only to have it intercepted by a giant radioactive space spider. The Ambush Bug suit was imbued with great power and no responsibility. In the resulting crash, only two articles of clothing survived: the Ambush Bug suit, which was subsequently found by Irwin Schwab; and "Argh!Yle!", an argyle sock with a Doctor Doom-like complex, complete with metal mask.
    Ambush Bug became Argh!Yle!'s sworn enemy!
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-20-2014 at 06:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ambush Bug does have an origin story. His real name is Irwin Schwab. He was a tv obsessed loser. Who didn't have a very strong grip on reality.
    Many light years away an alien named Brum-El (no relation to that other House of El) lived on the doomed planet Schwab. He wanted to make sure his clothes were safe, as he was quite the clothes horse. So he sent his wardrobe to earth only to have it intercepted by a giant radioactive space spider. The Ambush Bug suit was imbued with great power and no responsibility. In the resulting crash, only two articles of clothing survived: the Ambush Bug suit, which was subsequently found by Irwin Schwab; and "Argh!Yle!", an argyle sock with a Doctor Doom-like complex, complete with metal mask.
    What?!! Really, when was this told?! That means I am totally wrong, but totally interested in reading this issue ( I knew he had a name, I didn't know anything about the uniform)

Annoying!
    10char

BANNED

Ambush Bug is hilarious (when done right).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Ambush Bug is hilarious (when done right).
    Not in those Channel 52 things he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    What?!! Really, when was this told?! That means I am totally wrong, but totally interested in reading this issue ( I knew he had a name, I didn't know anything about the uniform)
    I think it was Action Comics 563.

BANNED

I love comics...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    That would be an example of not being done correctly. Glad we could clear that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    He's had his moments

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

See? Wackiness. It may also be that he's making it all up in his mind, but that's as close to an origin as we have.

BANNED

Really... so he is human. his last name is Schwab and his costume comes from the planet Schwab... what are the odds : )