Super Moderator

Default WC15: Brubaker Talks "Fade Out" & "Velvet," Reflects on "Captain America" Saga

Acclaimed writer Ed Brubaker spent his WonderCon spotlight panel discussing his current creator-owned hits and past Marvel successes.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Sounded like a good panel. Hope his HBO series is green lit.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I'm guessing the HBO series is based on Criminal but that seems to have been in limbo for ages. I think cable television has been overdue for a mature themed series like Lazarus by Rucka or any of Brubaker's work. Glad to hear things are being put in motion towards that.

I am really curious to see what he and HBO have in store, I hope it all works out. Velvet and The Fade Out are both outstanding and easily 2 of my favorite books right now. I just hope he doesn't get too busy to put them out with reasonable consistancy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I am really curious to see what he and HBO have in store, I hope it all works out. Velvet and The Fade Out are both outstanding and easily 2 of my favorite books right now. I just hope he doesn't get too busy to put them out with reasonable consistancy.
    Your interpretation and my interpretation of "reasonable consistency" differs significantly. Neither of those books have come out with anything even resembling reasonable consistency. It's a shame such good books lack any sort of momentum because of a ridiculously lousy release schedule. I also thought the Criminal one-shot was a complete waste of time that did nothing more than delay and detract from The Fade Out.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Your interpretation and my interpretation of "reasonable consistency" differs significantly. Neither of those books have come out with anything even resembling reasonable consistency. It's a shame such good books lack any sort of momentum because of a ridiculously lousy release schedule. I also thought the Criminal one-shot was a complete waste of time that did nothing more than delay and detract from The Fade Out.
    I was being somewhat diplomatic I guess. Neither book has come out very consistantly to date. I hope it doesn't get worse would have been a better way to put it.