Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That'd be interesting. He hasn't wandered around in corpse in a while. Not since his fight with Daimio.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    This is why I feel a certain amount of trepidation before posting a new Hell Notes, because of you guys in this forum. You know your stuff, and I frequently overlook things... (My vampires article has waaaaaaay too many holes)

The stuff in your Nifty Literature Quotes as used or seeming usable within the Mignolaverse Titles thread is really impressive.
    Thanks!
    But that'll be mostly due to how the material as gathered (by mr Mike I mean) makes such sweet or nifty reading already all by itself. Although I have to say it felt surprisingly easy and rewarding to do, maybe because it just pays off so significantly to really sit through with organizing your own thoughts or notes onto some single aspect of things with following it through.

Much like the Hell Notes I'd believe, for the readers of those I mean. I hear so many fans gathering their thoughts once a book is new, although since comics storytelling Mignola-style would be more like an excavation or exploration in reverse so to speak, probably due to how a comic book needs to be pretty full of clues and fun and particular envisionings matching the enticement towards ideas, but for utter reading pleasure none of that may feel to clutter or seem excessive.
    Like some or more *pre-compressing* the story matter into something as intricate and organic both as pretty succinct and lofty as how Hellboy seems, would only be making it better from a reader's standpoint.
    I would believe that such compression or 'essentializing' would make for all the many nifty quotes and references to be found:
    primarily because comics reading would be about referencing stuff graphically and most instantaneously or *on impulse*, but maybe also because that's how a writer might work, as piling up on just striking and telling stuff brimming with coolness in order to get into the feel of things, as resulting in how particular topics or dealings would come to fit their own lengths both as whatever publishing schedules as needing to happen. Although I'd be mostly guessing on any such...
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    I really liked this issue! I agree with the kaiju connections in this installment, and I'm convinced the scientist with the eyepatch is some sort of nod to Dr. Serizawa from the original 1954 "Gojira" film.
    That would be a great nod.

Spectacular Member

monsters from another dimension, I wonder if there's a connection BPRD1948-5-FC-FN.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    jesus christ I guess no one edited the article before posting it

Yeah, it seems that way.

Spectacular Member

I was kind of disappointed with how small a role Kraus played in this arc, I feel like he hasn't gotten much of the spotlight lately even though he's essentially the lead male character of the book now that Abe is gone. Also Enos's betrayal seems like a foregone conclusion at this point.

Loved this arc. Though Johann has little bit small role in this arc, we got a spotlight on Enos.
    When I first saw Enos on the abyss of time he did nothing but whinning. I thought he would die soon.
    but after this arc, I became his fan. maybe because He represents normal person.

also, Johann-Enos duo always crack me out.
    Last edited by didism; 09-17-2014 at 08:05 PM.