Super Moderator

Default CONVERGENCE: HARLEY QUINN #1 Preview/Discussion

STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Life for Harley Quinn has become downright normal over the last year. Will she be ready to go nuts when Catwoman and Poison Ivy draft her to fight - Captain Carrot?!

Full preview here.

Easily the best of this weeks Convergence books. The most detailed plot and coherent world-building, classic Harley, clever Ivy...and was actually funny! Never read an issue of the old Sirens that was this good ha...

Always Rakzo

This was pretty fun and definitely one of the most enjoyable Convergence issues.

Astonishing Member

This felt pretty Sirensy. I dug it. It's a little slight compared to some of the other ones, but it's a book about these three ... it would be. The real test will be what happens when Captain Carrot comes to town.

Oh and I totally loved when Harley lost her super-strength and they made that joke about the mallet weighing a ton.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

it's nice to have an actual Harley Quinn story again even if it's just about throwing her back into her Joker obsession. I definitely prefer new 52 HQ and her independence from the Joker, but I grew tired of the constant meaningless stories in her solo book. It was fun for awhile now it's just kinda tired. It wouldn't hurt to give Harley a real story every once and awhile and this book proved just that.

Also, Harley and the cop are cute together lol.

I absolutely loved this spin-off. As soon as I opened the book to the first page and saw not just Harley in her classic costume but some AMAZING art, I knew it'd be a goodie. And the fact that Harley is having to fight Captain Carrot cracks me up.

As a side, did anyone else notice how Harley as Harleen looked an awful lot like Margot Robbie who's portraying her in the live-action Suicide Squad movie? It's not a bad look for her at all, and in some panels the resemblance was uncanny. I was just wondering if anyone else picked up on that.

And a quick question: in the last few pages after the main story itself, where it makes mention of Ivy giving Harley an ultimatum to choose her or the Joker, what is that from? Is that from Gotham City Sirens? I still haven't read that yet, so I wasn't sure.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Ivy giving Harley an ultimatum to choose between her and Joker is indeed from Gotham City Sirens.

Quote Originally Posted by TGW View Post
    Ivy giving Harley an ultimatum to choose between her and Joker is indeed from Gotham City Sirens.
    Thanks! I thought so because of the art in the panels, but wasn't sure.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Spectacular Member

Why is Catwoman in the goggles costume?

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Loooooved this book. I'll always prefer the classic version of Harley over the New 52 version, and it was great to see her again, and handled so well. I liked Louie, too--who would have thought Harley'd end up with a cop?

It's a shame this story isn't going to last.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000