Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Default Is Toro a Mutant or Inhuman?

I've recently read The Torch miniseries, starring the Human Torch's sidekick, Toro. However' Toro's origin story has been changed many times. The Torch says that Toro got his power via chemicals that his Mother was exposed to, yet he was still classified as a Mutant. However, I recently heard that Toro had become an Inhuman.
    So how did Toro get his powers? And is he a Mutant or Inhuman?
    (I haven't read All-New Invaders. Have the answers been revealed there?)

In All-New Invaders he's revealed to be an Inhuman who's genetics pre-terrigenisis were agitated enough by the Horton Cells in Jim Hammond to sub-consciously copy his powers.
    Last edited by Ronin0985; 04-04-2015 at 04:03 AM.

This year he / we learned he's supposedly an Inhuman.

Who knows what his status will be next year.

BANNED

The Horton Cells are what make him a Human Torch. Nothing else particularly matters to the character in-universe or his story out-of-universe. But yes, he's apparently undergone T-Gen and received Firestorm-esque matter manipulation powers.

Mighty Member

In neither case can he scrape himself free from another Torch's shadow.

BANNED

He was revealed to be inhuman and joined them in Attilan recently.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It's going to be really annoying if Toro got changed, again, and nothing is done with that change, again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's going to be really annoying if Toro got changed, again, and nothing is done with that change, again.
    Well he joined the inhumans and isn't in anything atleast not in any teaser for future Inhuman stories, so it seems he is going to take a back seat while all the other nuhumans seem to be around in either previews/covers, atleast the one that have been used frequently, we never saw anything about that old lady, the shield agent, the two kids that were siblings, the other kids that joined the New Warriors, etc.
    Last edited by Kizaru; 04-04-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    Well he joined the inhumans and isn't in anything atleast not in any teaser for future Inhuman stories, so it seems he is going to take a back seat while all the other nuhumans seem to be around in either previews/covers.
    That was my impression, though I haven't been reading the new Inhumans book so I didn't know if that was actually the case. Of course, when I saw they had Johnny Storm joining, I figured Toro would be ignored. Such a shame.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Niffleheim

Well he joined the inhumans and isn't in anything atleast not in any teaser for future Inhuman stories, so it seems he is going to take a back seat while all the other nuhumans seem to be around in either previews/covers, atleast the one that have been used frequently, we never saw anything about that old lady, the shield agent, the two kids that were siblings, the other kids that joined the New Warriors, etc.
    Are you talking about the Octopus Lady that was convinced by a Doombot in Daredevil? I liked her.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Not true, he is in the "Things to Come" Pin-Up in Uncanny Inhumans #0.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by surgeon_general View Post
    Really? I thought Johnny Storm was the one that joined Uncanny Inhumans?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That was my impression, though I haven't been reading the new Inhumans book so I didn't know if that was actually the case. Of course, when I saw they had Johnny Storm joining, I figured Toro would be ignored. Such a shame.
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. It is a waste to have the character go through spurts of character development only to be pushed back into limbo. Hopefully, we will get more Toro somewhere after Secret Wars is over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by surgeon_general View Post
    Thats Johnny, Toro is purple.

I think many are overlooking the significance of Toro being the first character considered to be a mutant to officially be declared an Inhuman though a retcon. It starts there is all I'm saying...

It would be disappointing if he were to go through those developments only to be overshadowed and sidelined by the inclusion of Johnny Storm.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher