Default Action! (Movie, Director, Star...)

Hey all,

What are your favourite action movie or movies? Do you have a particular movie star that you think makes the best action movies? What about a favourite director? Has there ever been a trifecta where your favourite movie star was in an action movie directed by your favourite action movie director?

Go.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Directors: Enzo Castellari and George Miller are two who come to mind. Gareth Evans work on the Raid films is ridiculously good.

Stars: Jackie Chan and Michelle Yeoh are legendary, but I still have a soft spot for Kurt Russell, Fabio Testi (who stopped doing his own stunts decades ago, but his work was fantastic.

Films: It fluctuates with me. I love the action sequences in Captain America The Winter Soldier and the Raid films, but props to Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Via Gorilla, Dead Men Ride, Aliens, The Big Racket, Heroin Busters.

Yeah, Fabio worked with Enzo Castellari twice in my two favorite Italian Crime films, The Big Racket (so much nastier in Italian) and The Heroin Busters.

I am forgetting a lot but this'll do for now.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

The Bourne trilogy and Raid movies were the first to pop up in my head. My likes are pretty much an enormous list of 80's and 90's movies.

I will say that I'm super excited to see what the people behind the Raid series are going to bring to the Star Wars franchise. I still can't wrap my head around that load of awesome.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

The Raid is pretty good, everyone who's a fan of action flicks should see it.

I'm really happy some of the cast, my fellow Indonesians are gonna be in the next Star Wars flick
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    The Raid is pretty good, everyone who's a fan of action flicks should see it.

I'm really happy some of the cast, my fellow Indonesians are gonna be in the next Star Wars flick
    Hey-o!
    I'm rockin the o'l Dutch Indo here
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider