Default Rambo(First Blood) versus Dutch Schaeffer(Predator)

Nods to Bulletsniper and his Rambo vs Matrix thread.

Round 1: Shootout---Rambo gets an M60, his composite bow and arrows and his combat knife while Dutch gets his combat knife and his assault rifle with grenade launcher.

Round 2: Melee Weapons---Both get their combat knife only.

Round 3: Hand to hand---Neither get any weapons and must engage each other unarmed.

Round 4: Jungle hunt---Both start off at 500 meters apart and out of sight of the other and must hunt each other in a jungle type environment. Setting up traps is allowed and they have their normal weapons.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 04-08-2015 at 10:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Round 1: Shootout---Rambo gets an M60, his composite bow and arrows and his combat knife while Dutch gets his combat knife and his assault rifle with grenade launcher.

Round 3: Hand to hand---Neither get any weapons and must engage each other unarmed.

Round 4: Jungle hunt---Both start off at 500 meters apart and out of sight of the other and must hunt each other in a jungle type environment. Setting up traps is allowed and they have their normal weapons.
    1.Rambo
    2.Rambo
    3.Don't know
    4.Don't know,maybe Dutch but I'm not sure
    Last edited by SmileMan35; 04-09-2015 at 07:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

I'm thinking Rambo could take this with his explosive arrows if he hits the right spot, but then again Dutch has tanked a plasma shot to the shoulder, so not sure if it's going to be that easy. And a grenade launcher would be Dutch's perfect counter to Rambo's explosive arrows.

I think in a machine gun contest, Rambo probably blows away Dutch in an open field.

Probably a toss-up. But I'll give the slight edge to Rambo, because Rambo seems much more brutal with the knife and uses it a bit more methodically, especially in rambo 4 (and maybe 3 lol).

Dutch is kinda physically stronger than Rambo due to lifting up part of a truck and fighting a frickin' Predator to a standstill. Rambo is not really the most perfect guy when it comes to HTH.

Rambo probably has deadlier traps and is the much guerilla fighter than Dutch. But Dutch's experience against the Predator might help, but that's probably more along the lines of plot and chance.

My take:

1. Rambo. Better weapons and seems really good with them, especially with making the long range precision hits with his conventional arrows.

2. Rambo. Seems more skilled and familiar with using knives. Except maybe if Dutch catches him in throwing range, but that isn't likely to take Rambo out with just one hit and it means Dutch is now unarmed.

3. Dutch. Much stronger and tougher and has a showing of still being able to function after a pounding from a Predator.

4. Rambo. Dutch is really good here, but Rambo is pretty much the poster boy for this sort of thing.

There should be a comic book mini-series that deals with this. There could be simply human villains. Or another Predator.

Yeah the only win for Dutch is 3. Everything else is Rambo.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

wait a tick.

this is "first blood" rambo. i don't think i'd give him good odds since he was portrayed less superhuman than he would be in the other movies.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    wait a tick.

this is "first blood" rambo. i don't think i'd give him good odds since he was portrayed less superhuman than he would be in the other movies.

: Looks over.: Yoyr right! Rambo with m60 and stuff is latter movies. He only has edge on outdoors stuff. In Blood he dealt with incompetent sheriff department.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    : Looks over.: Yoyr right! Rambo with m60 and stuff is latter movies. He only has edge on outdoors stuff. In Blood he dealt with incompetent sheriff department.
    rambo was almost killed at least twice by people who wouldn't even be a speed bump to him in later movies.

"first blood" rambo was less a unstoppable one man army and more of a skilled but very damaged solider. in fact, rambo's body count in "first blood" is only one and that was an accident.

dutch is pretty damn uber himself. more so than this version of rambo.

rambo was almost killed at least twice by people who wouldn't even be a speed bump to him in later movies.

"first blood" rambo was less a unstoppable one man army and more of a skilled but very damaged solider. in fact, rambo's body count in "first blood" is only one and that was an accident.

dutch is pretty damn uber himself. more so than this version of rambo.
    True! Dutch tossed a knife so hard it impales a man into a damned support beam, for starters, or was that a wall/door?

Yeah that would kill Rambo FB edition. Given he had to fed off deputies, he is further destroyed in 3. 4 is his best shot. 1? Dutch has bonafide action hero status while John Rambo is a shattered Nam Vet who just wanted to be left alone.

True! Dutch tossed a knife so hard it impales a man into a damned support beam, for starters, or was that a wall/door?

Yeah that would kill Rambo FB edition. Given he had to fed off deputies, he is further destroyed in 3. 4 is his best shot. 1? Dutch has bonafide action hero status while John Rambo is a shattered Nam Vet who just wanted to be left alone.
    it was a door/wall. very hard to do.

and rambo was almost killed by a bunch of national guardsmen who....barely knew how to use weapons.

it doesn't help that "first blood" was adapted from a book and was never intended to be shown to be an unstoppable murder machine.

it was a door/wall. very hard to do.

and rambo was almost killed by a bunch of national guardsmen who....barely knew how to use weapons.

it doesn't help that "first blood" was adapted from a book and was never intended to be shown to be an unstoppable murder machine.
    Yeah, book Rambonis very human. In the end was put down by the colonel like the boy puts down Old Yeller. A story more of a broken man from war, not some rip roaring agent of destruction ( though book Rambo killed way more people, not expert welarriors though.)

I got that info from YouTube, Cineflix “What’s the Difference.” Good stuff really.

Yeah, book Rambonis very human. In the end was put down by the colonel like the boy puts down Old Yeller. A story more of a broken man from war, not some rip roaring agent of destruction ( though book Rambo killed way more people, not expert welarriors though.)

I got that info from YouTube, Cineflix “What’s the Difference.” Good stuff really.
    and that from "lost in adaptation".

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

This being First Blood Rambo, he likely loses all of the matches. The only one he has a chance in is the first, but then only by winning a quickdraw, and he's unlikely to do that, given that Dutch is holding a weapon meant to be used as a rifle. Rambo has a light machine gun. At 100 feet, Dutch will hit with the first shot, the first shot is going to be just a bit quicker, and it's going to be a lot more accurate (MGs aren't particularly accurate or precise).
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan