Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Yes it literally answered your question hence the post.

Furthermore, if the Shadow King could stomp Rachel he wouldn't have needed to ambush her nor Psylocke. He even told Nightcrawler that those two were the greatest threats hence why he intentionally caught them unaware.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Yes it literally answered your question hence the post.

Furthermore, if the Shadow King could stomp Rachel he wouldn't have needed to ambush her nor Psylocke. He even told Nightcrawler that those two were the greatest threats hence why he intentionally caught them unaware.
    They were his two greatest threats. I agree with that. Storm, for all her powers, can't really do much to him other than keeping him out of her mind. (I sometimes wonder if she can use her electricity in creative ways to hurt his astral form, but we have not seen her do that yet.) Her powers are physical based while he is a creature of the Astral Plane. Storm is a threat to the SK in that she has the power to stop his puppets should he take control of anyone, but he can always find somebody else to control.

That said, you want to ignore the fact that Betsy and Bess admitted they would stand no chance at all against the Shadow King even if they teamed up against him. So, when SK made that comment about Betsy and Rachel being the biggest threat, clearly they could not beat him. SK has been powerful enough in past stories to be more than a match for Xavier and Jean Grey at the same time. Betsy and Rachel would not be able to defeat the SK, but they can sound the alarm so that others, like Storm, who can beat his TP attacks can be made aware of him thus robbing him of the chance to take somebody like Ororo by surprise.

If Rachel ever beats the Shadow King without having the Phoenix Force boosting her powers, the story will have no credibility whatsoever as it would mean SK was written down.

If Kenji takes over Rachel's mind in Storm #11, it will not be a bad reflection on Rachel as its about par for the course for her to be taken over by other psis where she is concerned. This has the been the case with her character from the very beginning as I have so clearly established in this thread.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-13-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Bess isn't as powerful as Rachel and Bess hasn't fought and trained alongside Psylocke like Rachel. The only thing Bess had going for her was an unexplained immunity to his powers. So if the Shadow King didn't ambush them I don't see him gaining any advantage with Rachel and Psylocke teaming up. Especially not with Storm there since those two shielding Storm plus Storm's will power would be too much for the Shadow King to overcome.

Kenji is waaaaaaay weaker than the Shadow King. So unless Rachel was completely unprepared like with the Shadow King there's no valid reason for Rachel to be taken over by Kenji at all.

You're fine with this jobbing scenario because you want Storm to fight her teammates. Yet you have to realize that wouldn't be an epic fight as Kenji would never be able to competently control and of them especially since he isn't an Omega level. Thus if Rachel and co. are randomly made to lose to Kenji and be controlled they wouldn't even go all out nor would Storm as she will hold back from hurting her friends.

Furthermore it isn't. At all.

You insist on using a far less experienced and skilled Rachel from over a decade ago as a template and ignore the current Rachel.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 04-13-2015 at 06:09 PM.

BANNED

We'll have to agree to disagree. Also, if Kenji does take Rachel over, she will be as competent with her powers as the writer wants her to be.

This is not a jobbing scenario. Rachel always gets taken over.

With that, there is no point in debating the matter any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post

As for issue #10, I enjoyed this story very much. The opening was sweet and I'm glad Pak showed everyone that Storm can handle being Headmistress all while staying true to herself and being the hero that she is. I also like to see Rachel and Storm getting along like they should. I was a bit underwhelmed with the villain but I am interested to see where the arc goes from here. Kenji seems like he'll be somewhat of a threat and I wonder how Ororo will take him down.
    The bold was an especially nice touch for me. Ororo being able to wear and juggle so many hats and having a positive impact with what she has been doing in her series.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    The bold was an especially nice touch for me. Ororo being able to wear and juggle so many hats and having a positive impact with what she has been doing in her series.
    I still didn't get my copies. Either i get it today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I still didn't get my copies. Either i get it today or tomorrow.
    Well definitely circle back and give your opinion once you have read it. It seems to to have been well received over all.

BANNED

Well definitely circle back and give your opinion once you have read it. It seems to to have been well received over all.
    I know. But sometimes, spoilers spoil my read. Still , I don't want to be behind with what's going on so I prefer to know the spoilers rather than wait for my copies.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I know. But sometimes, spoilers spoil my read. Still , I don't want to be behind with what's going on so I prefer to know the spoilers rather than wait for my copies.
    After you read it I am sure you will be feeling this way (with a nice nod ot Pak)....

BANNED

After you read it I am sure you will be feeling this way (with a nice nod ot Pak)....

Thanks a lot.

I'm still thinking if Storm will have a 12th issue because the nightcrawler's and cyclops 2nd TPB include the 12th issue but Storm's 2nd TPB only stated until 11 issue.

BANNED

Art was awesome. Storm looked beautiful. Loving Kenji and seeing a lot of X-men characters. I wanna know what Kenji can really do. Excited to read Storm #11.

There's really a huge difference when I look a lot of beautiful pages, beautiful faces, beautiful art.

Can't wait for Storm #11.