Default Avengers World #19. Spoilers

Bobby does a nice "leave it to me" fight with AIM's Andrew Forson, who is reluctant to let go of AIM island after Roberto buys AIM. Bobby brings along Hyperion as insurance but doesn't use him, so Bobby has good form. There is a pic at the en, of the Cabal fighting Map Makers. Does anybody know when that happened? Maybe we can place where issue fits?

spoilers:
    Roberto and Manifold got to Savage Land to hire Hyperion, and he's willing. There is a Short excerpt with Starbrand and Nightmask neutralising Alephs on Planet Orisia, for what reason I don't know. Well, Sunspot takes the 3 of them to AIM Island for a hostile takeover and convinces the AIM personal to change sides to his. Forson doesn't need them and attacks Bobby, who remembers his fathers advice about fighting your own fights and beats Forson. Rappaccini takes Beaton Forson and teleports away, threatening retribution of cause. Then Bobby says he's getting the band back together, the Avengers.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

You know this would make more sense if they put in a note where and when the World issues were fitting into the story. We're so far ahead of what's going on here that it makes it that much harder to know what chapter of the story this section fits into. Maybe it'll read better as a trade? I would hope they would do one where the World issues come between issues of Time Runs out, although I have a sneaky suspicion we won't be getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    You know this would make more sense if they put in a note where and when the World issues were fitting into the story. We're so far ahead of what's going on here that it makes it that much harder to know what chapter of the story this section fits into. Maybe it'll read better as a trade? I would hope they would do one where the World issues come between issues of Time Runs out, although I have a sneaky suspicion we won't be getting that.
    The intention is that all of the issues that have the Before Time Runs Out header, come before The Avengers ones with the Time Runs Out header. ie. Roughly concurrent with the rest of the marvel universe because Time Runs Out is happening slightly ahead of those.

So all in all they are doing what you are asking for on the front cover. Don't get me wrong, I can understand why it could be confusing because the time jump threw a lot of people.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I do think these Avengers World issues are suffering a bit from 'prequel syndrome' they might be fleshing out what happened and how the players end up in the positions they are in Avengers and New Avengers but they are not really telling their own story and you already know this one.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The intention is that all of the issues that have the Before Time Runs Out header, come before The Avengers ones with the Time Runs Out header. ie. Roughly concurrent with the rest of the marvel universe because Time Runs Out is happening slightly ahead of those.

So all in all they are doing what you are asking for on the front cover. Don't get me wrong, I can understand why it could be confusing because the time jump threw a lot of people.
    Oh I get that part, but the thing that's frustrating me is the where in the time line in regard to before Time runs out. Most of the Marvel MU is kind of catching up to Time Runs out now, so I'm wondering how these fit in in regard to the other comics and the before chapters of New Avengers and Avengers.

I do think these Avengers World issues are suffering a bit from 'prequel syndrome' they might be fleshing out what happened and how the players end up in the positions they are in Avengers and New Avengers but they are not really telling their own story and you already know this one.
    I have to agree with you there, it seems like they should have been putting these out as a weekly series rather then monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Most of the Marvel MU is kind of catching up to Time Runs out now, so I'm wondering how these fit in in regard to the other comics and the before chapters of New Avengers and Avengers.
    Well I think they are being deliberately vague as to where the rest of the universe comics fit because that's how you create a continuity. You only address it when you need to otherwise the illusion starts to fade.

As to where they fit in the before issues of Avengers and New Avengers, they don't. They all fit immediately before the Time Runs Out issues. Between Avengers #34 and #35 and between New Avengers #23 and #24. The second of each of these issues each have "In 8 Months ... time Runs Out".

At that point the story jumped forward in time by coincidently 8 Months which in my opinion clouded the issue.

As I complained elsewhere, I think Marvel kind of fumbled their marketing on this. We were supposed to see the headers on the front page and realise that we were now into a "Time Runs Out" tie-in. Unfortunately it doubles up as a time countdown so many people, including myself, thought it was only a countdown and not an actual tie-in/event title.

Before Time Runs Out acts as a prequel to Time Runs Out.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

• The fall of The Avengers!

Namor’s fury unleashed!

• The Cabal rises…no world is safe!

Whoever wrote these solicits for this issue owes me 4 bucks.

I pre-ordered this book to see "Namor's fury unleashed," and his interactions with the Cabal, as well as the "Cabal rising." ONE wordless, irrelevant page, even by the amazing of Marco Checchetto, in no way matches this solicit. I am beyond disappointed.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Whoever wrote these solicits for this issue owes me 4 bucks.

I pre-ordered this book to see "Namor's fury unleashed," and his interactions with the Cabal, as well as the "Cabal rising." ONE wordless, irrelevant page, even by the amazing of Marco Checchetto, in no way matches this solicit. I am beyond disappointed.
    you know what makes it worse?
    the yellow box on the bottom that say NEXT UP ' SHANG CHI VS SHANG CHI?''
    on a page with no shang chis
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    you know what makes it worse?
    the yellow box on the bottom that say NEXT UP ' SHANG CHI VS SHANG CHI?''
    on a page with no shang chis
    YES! I was going to mention that elsewhere, but I was like WTF??? He's not in this issue, and now the next issue is going to be about Shang-Chi??? I mean, I like Shang-Chi fine, but that's not who I'm buying the book for.

I loved Frank Barberie's New Avengers Annual with Marco Rudy, which was completely about Dr. Strange. I was hoping we'd get something like that done with gorgeous Marco Checcheto art.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 04-09-2015 at 08:36 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Well I think they are being deliberately vague as to where the rest of the universe comics fit because that's how you create a continuity. You only address it when you need to otherwise the illusion starts to fade.

As to where they fit in the before issues of Avengers and New Avengers, they don't. They all fit immediately before the Time Runs Out issues. Between Avengers #34 and #35 and between New Avengers #23 and #24. The second of each of these issues each have "In 8 Months ... time Runs Out".

At that point the story jumped forward in time by coincidently 8 Months which in my opinion clouded the issue.

As I complained elsewhere, I think Marvel kind of fumbled their marketing on this. We were supposed to see the headers on the front page and realise that we were now into a "Time Runs Out" tie-in. Unfortunately it doubles up as a time countdown so many people, including myself, thought it was only a countdown and not an actual tie-in/event title.

Before Time Runs Out acts as a prequel to Time Runs Out.
    I wonder how many days before the last Incursion were Avengers #35 and New#24? Was it like 5 days or 2?