Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Age of Apocalypse" Concept Art Teases Archangel Transformation

Confirming Ben Hardy as "not a very nice Angel," director Bryan Singer has revealed new concept art of the winged mutant for "X-Men: Apocalypse."

Full article here.

Ugh that is horrid
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ugh that is horrid
    Well, it is just concept art, not a final product or even the direction they will for sure go with. The wings also look amazing, it's just the concept costume and weird haircut that ruins it a bit for me.

The only thing I don't like is the haircut.

But hey it is the 80's I guess.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

I think it's pretty cool actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Well, it is just concept art, not a final product or even the direction they will for sure go with. The wings also look amazing, it's just the concept costume and weird haircut that ruins it a bit for me.
    I know, but they must be proud of it to show it off right now.

I have never been impressed with any of the X-men designs TBH. Maybe young magneto in DOFP
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Ugh that is horrid
    Yeah, I don't know what you're looking at because the image I can see is pretty damned fantastic. If they can pull it off on film, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    But hey it is the 80's I guess.
    I completely forgot about that.
    Still, not quite right for the 80s. I don't remember seeing that odd mix of mohawk and wavy hair from the works of the time. He should have a lot more gel in it to be period accurate.

I know, but they must be proud of it to show it off right now.

I have never been impressed with any of the X-men designs TBH. Maybe young magneto in DOFP
    Eh, I prefer later day/Sir Ian Mckellan (sp?) Magneto to First Class/DoFP Magneto. But then again, that one's more period accurate, since it is 'the past'.
    I kind of like Rogue, wish she'd have had the super strength and flight, but liked her look/actress. Same with Kitty.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I completely forgot about that.
    Still, not quite right for the 80s. I don't remember seeing that odd mix of mohawk and wavy hair from the works of the time. He should have a lot more gel in it to be period accurate.

Eh, I prefer later day/Sir Ian Mckellan (sp?) Magneto to First Class/DoFP Magneto. But then again, that one's more period accurate, since it is 'the past'.
    I kind of like Rogue, wish she'd have had the super strength and flight, but liked her look/actress. Same with Kitty.
    Different tastes for different people. Ian McKellan is a great actor. But Magneto? I didn't like it at all. In most comic work I've seen, Magneto is a pretty fit older man and an imposing and intimidating figure. I guess a comparison would be Charles Dance's work as Tywin Lannister. Now that is an older dude who strikes fear in his enemies. I like my Magneto to be very intimidating, full of anger. I thought Fassbender plays it perfect for a younger Magneto.

On Rogue, I'm too distracted by the complete change to her character. Where did the tough former-villian Southern belle girl battling with absorbing peoples minds go?

Kitty? I agree with you there. I thought Ellen Page nails it, wish she was more in the movies.

Archangel/Angel look - I think it looks great. Haircut has a rich playboy look to me. I like the armor and wings, looks very functional. Although not sure if pure gray will look great on screen, but its just a promo shot.

Extraordinary Member

Oh wow. I actually think the look is is somewhat freaking badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Judicata View Post
    Different tastes for different people. Ian McKellan is a great actor. But Magneto? I didn't like it at all. In most comic work I've seen, Magneto is a pretty fit older man and an imposing and intimidating figure. I guess a comparison would be Charles Dance's work as Tywin Lannister. Now that is an older dude who strikes fear in his enemies. I like my Magneto to be very intimidating, full of anger. I thought Fassbender plays it perfect for a younger Magneto.
    I don't really need him to be physically fit, the whole 'master of magnetism' thing settles the whole intimidation factor fine. When it comes to menacing, I prefer how one acts to how one looks. And McKellan's got more than enough acting chops to pull off the character. Mind you, I have nothing against Fassbender either, I've just preferred McKellan. But as you said, different tastes.
    As for the bolded, I don't get the reference. Never heard of Charles Dance or Tywin Lannister. Is that from a show or movie? I'm guessing either Mad Men or Game of Thrones, those are usually the two things people talk about in recent years that I've never seen.

On Rogue, I'm too distracted by the complete change to her character. Where did the tough former-villian Southern belle girl battling with absorbing peoples minds go?
    She still had the angst of not touching people, and the southern thing (though downplayed a bit compared to usual, thank god [I'm from the South, born and raised, and I've always felt TV takes the southern accent thing too fair, no one I know sounds like that]). As for the former villain thing, movies are short form to comic's serial format, and her publishing history is far more towards the heroic (I didn't even know she used to be a villain, really?) so it makes sense that'd get skipped.

Kitty? I agree with you there. I thought Ellen Page nails it, wish she was more in the movies.
    She really needs more screen time in the movies, it feels like they're wasting a great character and actress.

i can't find the right words to express how happy this makes me.

it's lovely. just lovely.

Astonishing Member

Wow, this looks awesome. Anybody else notice that his haircut is similar to what his hair looked like with his suit on?

This looks so good

Fantastic Member

Looks cool to me. The curly hair reminds me of Walt Simonson's rendition of Warren Worthington III and the hairdo seems very reminiscent of early Depeche Mode.
    gore.jpg
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.