Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

i actually loved the wings and the haircut
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Spectacular Member

Yes, I know we've gone over it and it doesn't even matter now, but 1st Jubilee as a teen in the 80s when she's a teen in the 2000s and now Angel as a teen in the 80s when he's not a young adult until the 2000s which further adds complications to the timeline.

I'm not saying this as someone who cares, the timeline is beyond repair without getting ridiculous now anyway all I want is an enjoyable movie. DoFP was that for me and I'm super excited for this movie and even more excited with getting Archangel on the big screen as one of the Horsemen. Apocalypse is my favorite villain, I'm ready.

I think some good 4 Horsemen candidates for this movie could be Banshee (to show he's still alive since his death was alluded to but no autopsy was shown like it was for Angel and Riptide in DoFP, and he was recently a Horseman of Death in the comics anyway), Storm (like she was brainwashed into in X-Men: Evolution, and a good way to introduce her character to the X-Men), Wolverine (who was a brainwashed Horseman during The Twelve storyline in the comics), Magneto (again, a Horseman in XM:E), Gambit (also briefly a Horseman in the comics) or introduce Caliban which could lead to the Morlocks/Mr. Sinister.

Unless this info has already been released and I just missed it I can't wait to see who they choose.
    Last edited by Peedi; 04-09-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Looks good can't wait to see those feathered blades in action.

It's so... Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
    Yes, I know we've gone over it and it doesn't even matter now, but 1st Jubilee as a teen in the 80s when she's a teen in the 2000s and now Angel as a teen in the 80s when he's not a young adult until the 2000s which further adds complications to the timeline.

I'm not saying this as someone who cares, the timeline is beyond repair without getting ridiculous now anyway all I want is an enjoyable movie. DoFP was that for me and I'm super excited for this movie and even more excited with getting Archangel on the big screen as one of the Horsemen. Apocalypse is my favorite villain, I'm ready.

Unless this info has already been released and I just missed it I can't wait to see who they choose.
    i could be wrong, but it seems that time travel will once again be involved.

from what i understand, halle berry is also returning as storm. so there will be 2 versions of her in the film.

could explain the timeline oddities with both archangel and jubilee.

Astonishing Member

I'd be much more concerned about Angel's story arc rather than his look in the movie, considering the amount of new characters this film is introducing, which is a buttload.

I haven't been excited by any CBR news popup until this one popped up. I literally had a fangirl squee moment... and I'm a guy. That is beautiful! I'm SO happy it's official we're getting Archangel!
    As for Horsemen... Banshee, Archangel, Wolverine, and... Let's be honest... Mystique. You know it'll be Mystique. It's always Mystique. *rolls eyes*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I'd be much more concerned about Angel's story arc rather than his look in the movie, considering the amount of new characters this film is introducing, which is a buttload.
    DoFP showed that a huge cast can be used quite well. Even the minor characters had a few instances to truly shine. I have exceedingly high hopes for 'Apocalypse' considering how well First Class and DoFP were handled.
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-09-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

You think that the concept design team got into a room and all sat in silence until someone looked up at the rest and said "I KNOW!!!! LETS MAKE ANGEL A TRANSFORMER LIKE THEY DID WITH SHREDDER IN TMNT!!!"... great.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    You think that the concept design team got into a room and all sat in silence until someone looked up at the rest and said "I KNOW!!!! LETS MAKE ANGEL A TRANSFORMER LIKE THEY DID WITH SHREDDER IN TMNT!!!"... great.
    For one thing, outside of the wings there's nothing very Tranfromers-y here, and Angel/Archangel as a Horseman with metal wings is straight from the comics, having it here in an Apocalypse movie is only right. And secondly, we must never ever mention that Shredder ever again. Never I say!

Amazing Member

Gosh what happened to Warren's hair?

Looks f'n great to me.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    Looks cool to me. The curly hair reminds me of Walt Simonson's rendition of Warren Worthington III and the hairdo seems very reminiscent of early Depeche Mode.
    Martin Gore is exactly who I pictured in my head when I saw the image in the article.

Looks very cool to me, I hope they stick with this design or something similar. Some 80s shutter shades would make it perfect.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

I love it. Looks great. Even the hair and I'm not normally a fan of the whole shaved sides and/or back look.
    Now if only the front of the costume is sufficiently formfitting. XD

BANNED

So is this Angel supposed to be Warren Worthington? Because the character was in his early 20s in Last Stand, and Age of Apocalypse takes place at least 20 years before that. (And yes, DOFP reset/altered the timeline, but there's no discernible reason why it would have resulted in Warren being born 20 years earlier.)

I really hate those haircuts where they shave the bottom part or one side. The wings also look crappy. And why isn't he blue?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!