Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    So is this Angel supposed to be Warren Worthington? Because the character was in his early 20s in Last Stand, and Age of Apocalypse takes place at least 20 years before that. (And yes, DOFP reset/altered the timeline, but there's no discernible reason why it would have resulted in Warren being born 20 years earlier.)
    If undoing Flashpoint can change a character's age, race, and origin altogether, surely this can happen.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I really hate those haircuts where they shave the bottom part or one side. The wings also look crappy. And why isn't he blue?
    Maybe Fox thought blue people were well represented with Mystique, Nightcrawler, and Beast? Maybe he turns blue later on? Maybe somebody forgot to tell the artist anything beyond 'he's got metal wings'? The world may never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Maybe Fox thought blue people were well represented with Mystique, Nightcrawler, and Beast? Maybe he turns blue later on? Maybe somebody forgot to tell the artist anything beyond 'he's got metal wings'? The world may never know...
    You can never have too many blue people.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I haven't been excited by any CBR news popup until this one popped up. I literally had a fangirl squee moment... and I'm a guy. That is beautiful! I'm SO happy it's official we're getting Archangel!
    As for Horsemen... Banshee, Archangel, Wolverine, and... Let's be honest... Mystique. You know it'll be Mystique. It's always Mystique. *rolls eyes*
    DoFP showed that a huge cast can be used quite well. Even the minor characters had a few instances to truly shine. I have exceedingly high hopes for 'Apocalypse' considering how well First Class and DoFP were handled.
    As a set piece sure, but I mean his actual character arc from X-Man to Horseman back to X-Man. It's only the biggest story arc of Warren's history.

And I definitely don't get the feeling that they intend to sell Scott, Jean and Ororo short. Then again, this is Fox's X-Men, so I probably shouldn't get my hopes up those three.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 04-09-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Truth.
    Also green. Though I don't know if there's any green mutants.

What? But we already had an Angel in X-Men III. Is that no longer in the film continuity?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    What? But we already had an Angel in X-Men III. Is that no longer in the film continuity?
    Probably not. Wolverine changed the past in DoFP, Scott and Jean are alive again, so I imagine that continuity was changed. Guess Warren's parents got busy earlier than before.

Ultimate Member

The producers and such have already said that after how the last movie ended they're changing some things up and changing people's ages and such, to the point where Jubilee and Warren are in the same movie, as this movie takes place in the 80's.

The x-men costume need to add some colour. Its always just black costumes n now even archangel has black. The concept art looks amazing BT it need some colours

Angel/Archangel is my favorite X-Men. I hope they do him justice and give him some proper time, especially since he (should) be Death. But he could just be a nightclub owner/suicide bomber.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    The x-men costume need to add some colour. Its always just black costumes n now even archangel has black. The concept art looks amazing BT it need some colours
    looks like they are going with his x-force look for archangel.

Spectacular Member

You guys...wow.

All of this slavish devotion to continuity and all of that. It seems like it just ruins things for you.

I almost feel badly for you.

I mean, I get it...to a point...but, jeeze, guys. Who the hell CARES how old they were before or if his skin is blue or any of that other nonsense? I enjoyed the hell out of FIRST CLASS and AGE OF APOCALYPSE. I don't give a damn about changes etc. Just ENJOY something.

I think that looks really frikkin' cool. I've wanted to see a live-action Archangel since I saw Transformer: Dark of the Moon. I think, if given the right moment to shine, he will steal the spotlight from the rest of the X-Men like Quicksilver did in Days of Future Past.

Guaranteed!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the haircut.

But hey it is the 80's I guess.
    I LOVE the haircut.

Ben Hardy is going to be great in the role.

article-0-1D58EF7B00000578-864_634x828.jpg
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The producers and such have already said that after how the last movie ended they're changing some things up and changing people's ages and such, to the point where Jubilee and Warren are in the same movie, as this movie takes place in the 80's.
    There's a really simple "No-Prize" answer to how Jubilee and Warren can be around the same age, in the movie-verse. Wolverine traveled back in time and change the whole course of time, to the point where a new timeline was created. A disruption in time actually disrupts the natural flow of time, to the point where Jubilee is around the same age as Warren and now Alex and Scott are brothers.

Time disruption. Ain't it grand?

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Agreed. The blandness is really setting in. However, my friend theorized that the movie is taking place in the 80s, where bright neon colours were not only normal, but was a calling card when it came to fashion. Maybe Apocalypse taking place in the 80s will lead to some really awesome bright colours in the X-Men's attire, but...because of what I said, some of the really crazy 80s look (shoulder pads for everyone, baggy around the waist-but slim around the ankles pants, etc.) will not persist.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/