Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Agents of SHIELD" Spinoff Reportedly in Development at ABC

A new report says ABC is eyeing an "Agents of SHIELD" spinoff for as early as this fall, though the cast and concept is not yet known.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    A new report says ABC is eyeing an "Agents of SHIELD" spinoff for as early as this fall, though the cast and concept is not yet known.

Full article here.
    I wonder -- is this a replacement or a supplement. As to what it could be -- something with the Inhumans?

Sandy Hausler

All-New Member

Hmm. That may not be good for Agent Carter, which was a far better show than AoS has ever been.

BANNED

I doubt this this will affect Agent Carter

My money's on Deathlok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rstay99 View Post
    Hmm. That may not be good for Agent Carter, which was a far better show than AoS has ever been.
    I'm not sure it will have any bearing on Agent Carter, but to my mind AOS, despite all the Inhumans stuff has been underwhelming to me. Just my opinion, mind you.

Sandy Hausler

Avengers Academy? Just a random thought.

BANNED

I think tis going to be an Inhumans series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm not sure it will have any bearing on Agent Carter, but to my mind AOS, despite all the Inhumans stuff has been underwhelming to me. Just my opinion, mind you.

Sandy Hausler
    In my mind it got underwhelming because of all the Inhumans stuff.

Considering it has to come from a later story point in this season, I bet it will be Inhumans (or Inhumans-related). Because I find having a "Real" S.H.I.E.L.D series kind of redundant....the ONLY thing I see happening with a cast made of S.H.I.E.L.D (whether "real" or Coulson's) is a special team in charge to find and/or deal with Inhumans (which could be this universe version of the Secret Warriors).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Not just yours. I find AOS to be entirely underwhelming. I'm not sure why I keep watching. Deer in headlights, I guess.

Agent Carter is on a completely different level than AOS.

Coming this Fall: Marvel's HR of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Coming this Fall: Marvel's HR of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    I read that in horror, and then said to myself... "yeah, I'd totally watch that!"

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Agents of SWORD?

Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    I think tis going to be an Inhumans series.
    ugh that would be so good.

Extraordinary Member

I called it just the other day.

DEATHLOK.

BANNED

Could be a series around Ward, a sort of Punisher-lite with a hero using questionable methods to achieve somewhat questionable goals. It would relieve the creators of having to shoehorn Ward into a series in which he clearly has no permanent place anymore, not being one of the good guys nor one of the bad guys. The good guys can only work with him under extreme circumstances, such as currently, and the circumstances can't always be this extreme.

Seems weird they would try to do an Inhumans series. The limited budget could make the series underwhelming, which would threaten the movie. Someone in another thread mentioned that you can't do a Legion Of Superheroes TV series because the budget would be way too big, and Inhumans would be kind of like that. On the other hand, I think The Flash has demonstrated that you can put a wide variety of powers on the TV screen week after week, so I am not sure I buy that argument. Still, a Ward spinoff seems like a better bet than Inhumans. Deathlok would be more likely also.