Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I'm wondering how many series from Marvel & DC & others before my digital recorder breaks. I'm enjoying Flash, Arrow, SHIELD, iZombie, Powers but how many more can the market bear? Plus Daredevil and crew.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I called it just the other day.

DEATHLOK.
    Strangely enough, I saw an interview with J. August Richards earlier on IGN about the return and how the character is sticking around for a bit so I think you're on to something here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy666 View Post
    Strangely enough, I saw an interview with J. August Richards earlier on IGN about the return and how the character is sticking around for a bit so I think you're on to something here.
    I hope so! It'll do my ego wonders

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I called it just the other day.

DEATHLOK.
    Ugh, I hope not! Has there ever been a more generic and uninteresting "superhero" than Deathlok? Mind you, I'm just judging by the show. I haven't read any comic he's been in.

Greg

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Please not Deathlok. That would be such a bad choice.

Extraordinary Member

I just want to be right on something

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm thinking it will be a Mockingbird series. I can't see the character continuing as a member of Coulson's team, and Mockingbird and Adrianne Palicki are both quite capable of carrying a show.

I think this will be an ongoing series, and Agent Carter will continue as an annual limited series during the AoS hiatus each winter.

Sounds cool to me, as it suggests ABC has faith in SHIELD and I'm still holding out hope for a SHIELD that consistently reaches its potential. Last week's episode was SO WELL EXECUTED, probably not coincidentally when they brought in David Solomon, one of the primary Buffy directors. Did no one else see that episode, think it was awesome? The producers have been on the right track all season long, and the writing has been strong more often than not, but the main thing sabotaging the show is the completely bland, utilitarian, unflatteringly vision-less direction of the individual episodes. If they can keep bringing people like Solomon in for repeat visits, the show could be amazing.

As for spinoff, I'd like anything that gives Olmos room to stick around, though unfortunately another branch of SHIELD is obviously redundant. A show with Ward playing a more prominent role is a good bet.. "Agents of Hydra"? "Marvel's Hail Hydra?"

Quote Originally Posted by GSwarthout View Post
    Ugh, I hope not! Has there ever been a more generic and uninteresting "superhero" than Deathlok? Mind you, I'm just judging by the show. I haven't read any comic he's been in.

Greg
    Deathlok of the comics has much more dynamism and appeal than has made sense to explore in his limited role on AoS, what with the conflict between his violent AI and pacifist "true self." If that's the spinoff they're exploring, I would think that utilizing that potential would be inherent in the remit of a Deathlok show.

Agents of STRIKE. Featuring Captain Britain, Betsy Braddock, Pete Wisdom, Faiza Hussain, and others. Yeah!

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Spectacular Member

If it were a vacuum, an Inhumans series makes the most sense based on how much time AoS has given it--but we also haven't heard that movie is off, just pushed back thanks to Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Could be a series around Ward, a sort of Punisher-lite with a hero using questionable methods to achieve somewhat questionable goals. It would relieve the creators of having to shoehorn Ward into a series in which he clearly has no permanent place anymore, not being one of the good guys nor one of the bad guys. The good guys can only work with him under extreme circumstances, such as currently, and the circumstances can't always be this extreme.
    I could see them doing a "Villians" series featuring Ward. I loved the speculation that he was actually the MCU Taskmaster. A show about a slightly more villainous organization with Ward as a trainer/ops agent. They could be be trying to manipulate world events to their favor--kind of like a Marvel's The Blacklist.
    Junior Braves of the Apocalypse - NOW AVAILABLE!

Hopefully it's a variation of the Mockingbird show that was announced back in 2011.

BANNED

Why? The show stinks and the ratings aren't anything special. I could see making another Marvel show, but why a spin-off of this garbage?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Why? The show stinks and the ratings aren't anything special. I could see making another Marvel show, but why a spin-off of this garbage?
    … Have you even watched the show's season 2? It's AWESOME!

Season 1 was a pile of turds but season 2 is just rocking it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    … Have you even watched the show's season 2? It's AWESOME!

Season 1 was a pile of turds but season 2 is just rocking it.
    Meh, I wasn't overwhelmed with season 1, but it was better than 2. I cannot wait for this arc to be finished and hope season 3 offers something better.