Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    I doubt this this will affect Agent Carter

My money's on Deathlok.
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I hope so! It'll do my ego wonders
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I just want to be right on something
    I think you're you could be right.

I think it's either going to be Deathlok or Mockingbird.

If it's Mockingbird, she needs to get away from "wannabe" SHIELD ASAP, it's really starting to turn me off on the character.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I love this news, but because it will be based on events occurring later in the season, it will probably be something that we haven't even seen yet. Although based on the characters and storylines we have seen, I would like to see a spin off based on the following characters (in no specific order):

- Inhumans (the hidden tribes, maybe interacting with Atilian just before the movie)
    - SWORD (maybe Olmos' group morphs into it?)
    - Mockingbird
    - Masque/Ward
    - Deathlok

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The overnight ratings have been steady in the mid-1's this season. But its C+3 ratings (which are the only ones the people in charge pay attention to anymore) are about double that, reportedly, and it's ABC's highest-rated show with male viewers.

It's not in any danger of cancellation in the near future -- this spinoff talk removes any doubts I had about that. And if it gets a third season, it will get a fourth because of syndication economics.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

My money's on Deathlok.
    I think you are right about Deathlok. I hope you are right about Agent Carter. I love that series.

Season 1 of AoS was great. It defied expectations and stayed true to it's goal. Some of the team building seemed forced like Coulson proclaiming they are a family early in the season and describing the kind of person Skye is when we never saw that side of her.

Season 2 has been much, much better. Keeping Coulson a leader but less of a close, friendly parent and more of a distant "I know best" kind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The overnight ratings have been steady in the mid-1's this season. But its C+3 ratings (which are the only ones the people in charge pay attention to anymore) are about double that, reportedly, and it's ABC's highest-rated show with male viewers.

It's not in any danger of cancellation in the near future -- this spinoff talk removes any doubts I had about that. And if it gets a third season, it will get a fourth because of syndication economics.
    Yeah, the +3s are the ones the ad folks are concerned with (and has been for the last five years); male demos are also important, since they're not nearly as reachable with other shows. Being top show with male viewers is kinda important.

Niffleheim

I have taken a quick look at their ratings in TVbythenumbers and it was reported that they have been really improving. Here is a snippet

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (9-10pm – 4.2 million and 1.5/5 in AD18-49): Surging 50% over its lead-in at 9pm, ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. nearly caught CBS’ NCIS: New Orleans for the scripted Adult 18-49 lead in the hour (1.5/5 vs. 1.6/5) and with playback is projected to move ahead of the CBS drama in the L3 and L7 data. S.H.I.E.L.D. was up week to week by 7% in Adults 18-49 (1.5/5 vs. 1.4/4), while spiking 38% with Teens 12-17 to match a best-since-premiere number – since 9/23/14.

The ABC drama grew its hour from the year-ago night (+36% - 1.1/3 for original comedies on 4/8/14) and on average season to date, S.H.I.E.L.D. is improving the slot for ABC by 40% in Adults 18-49 (2.8/8 vs. 2.0/5) over the comparable weeks last season.
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-18-49/386547/
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Coming this fall: FitzSimmons

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Yeah, the +3s are the ones the ad folks are concerned with (and has been for the last five years); male demos are also important, since they're not nearly as reachable with other shows. Being top show with male viewers is kinda important.
    It's one of the reasons why Chuck stayed on for so long despite dismal ratings.

Spectacular Member

Traditional rating doesn't matter as much anymore between Dvr and Hulu, shows have different ways of doing well.

I am hoping for a Secret Warriors is the spinoff but AoS are so Skye centric i doubt it could happen. Whatever it i am hoping it is more action centric and use more of it Marvel ties.

I am tired of AoS struggling with a better connection to universe than Flash/GA . Flash will never have a Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman cameo. AoS is same world and isn't using the Avengers properly. Sif,Nick Fury, Maria Hill is nice but at this point we should have gotten at least one Avenger.May or Mockingbird bird doing a mission with Black Widow or Hawkeye would be amazing. If that is to much just a cameo of Avengers would be cool. Seriously two Avengers apperances per season instant ratings

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    A new report says ABC is eyeing an "Agents of SHIELD" spinoff for as early as this fall, though the cast and concept is not yet known.

Full article here.
    It's premature, but my money is on Inhumans or Deathlok.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I thought the second half of Season 1 was pretty good... Last 8 episodes especially. Season 2 has been a lot better, imo. There were a few questionable episodes like the second appearance of Sif, but the show is much, much better overall. Considering this is a) network TV and b) most characters that appear are the c-listers of the MU, I think Marvel managed to pull off a fairly engaging show... Also, Skye is kind of cool now?!, who would have though... I wish they would start calling her Daisy, though...
    Network tv is full of far better tv shows than AoS. Hell, Hannibal was one of the best things on American tv last year. Being on network tv is no excuse for how bad it is. They didn't have to make the show about a C team of SHIELD agents no one cares about, they didn't have to make the main characters so uninteresting, and they could have had fun with that idea this was a team that didn't matter.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Secret Avengers, that's my spinoff prediction, Coulson was involved in an iteration of that in the comics just recently.

Quake(Daisy/Sky)
    Mockingbird
    Deathlok
    New Member/Gideon or other Inhuman intro'd later this season
    Support Cast (FitzSimmons Role)
    Support Cast

Candidates for 'New Member' slot:
    Moon Knight for one slot(hey I can dream)
    Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady...depending on how the film does)
    Valkyrie (use an intro by Lady Sif)
    Agent 13/Sharon Carter (depending on what happens to Emily Van Camp's show Revenge, if not renewed she's used to a TV schedule)

If they are 'quietly' working on a spinoff then that all but confirms a Season 3. I also like how the article gives a better than 50% chance at an Agent Carter S2...itself a spinoff.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

My money's on Deathlok.
    If they do Deathlok, I hope they go for it and actually make him look dead-ish. Now he just looks like he sustained a few burns.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The current active Deathlok, Henry Hayes, doesn't have a 'dead-ish' look and his components aren't visible till he's activated. I hope the series continues during Secret War cause it'd be nice to see Luthor Manning(teased so far) and/or Michael Collins show up. I'm enjoying it so far.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Traditional rating doesn't matter as much anymore between Dvr and Hulu, shows have different ways of doing well.

I am hoping for a Secret Warriors is the spinoff but AoS are so Skye centric i doubt it could happen. Whatever it i am hoping it is more action centric and use more of it Marvel ties.

I am tired of AoS struggling with a better connection to universe than Flash/GA . Flash will never have a Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman cameo. AoS is same world and isn't using the Avengers properly. Sif,Nick Fury, Maria Hill is nice but at this point we should have gotten at least one Avenger.May or Mockingbird bird doing a mission with Black Widow or Hawkeye would be amazing. If that is to much just a cameo of Avengers would be cool. Seriously two Avengers apperances per season instant ratings
    Only the Demo matters still never seen a spinoff from a mediocre show ratings wise. At least GA had high ratings for a CW show for its spinoff, same for NCIS, CSI, etc.