Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The thought of an Inhumans spinoff seems strange to me because I feel like Marvel wouldn't want to have a TV show on the air for possibly four years before the Inhumans movie. It could confuse audiences, especially if the show doesn't do well.

I still think it'll be something more related to S.H.I.E.L.D. but distinct enough where it doesn't need a backdoor pilot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusRex View Post
    By the end of the season, I think the two SHIELD teams will merge. So I don't think they will go with another SHIELD show.
    I don't think they will do another SHIELD show because they'll want something that looks substantially different. But I think by the end of the season the two organizations will become more fractured, not more unified. It seems like SHIELD vs SHIELD it the most plausible setup for Captain America: Civil War.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    The thought of an Inhumans spinoff seems strange to me because I feel like Marvel wouldn't want to have a TV show on the air for possibly four years before the Inhumans movie. It could confuse audiences, especially if the show doesn't do well.

I still think it'll be something more related to S.H.I.E.L.D. but distinct enough where it doesn't need a backdoor pilot.
    If Marvel wants to skip origin stories then an Inhumans show would be a great way to do that, SHIELD is also doing that but as a slow burn.

And establishing Inhumans on earth could make an interesting show and be easy to tie into the movie when it gets here, since the royals will basically arrive to a planet already full of subjects.

Only thing I can't work out is what the Inhumans would do day to day in a show, rescue other inhumans? fight enhanced villains? that's the bit i can't pitch.

BANNED

Oh, you mean like have Star Trek movies on at the same time as the series was on TV?

Gimme some kind of Thunderbolts show. Bobbi leading a team of reformed villains?

Mighty Member

I think you make a very good point. It could hurt interest in the movie...

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I would not be surprised if ABC doesn't have SHIELD as their baseline, then run Carter in the winter or summer and a new spinoff in the slot that Carter doesn't fill. That way you have three shows, technically, but they are not competing against one another. Plus, that allows Carter and the other spinoff to have fewer viewers (since fewer people watch TV during those time periods) but still be seen as a success.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Oh, you mean like have Star Trek movies on at the same time as the series was on TV?
    That's very different. The Star Trek brand was conceived as a TV show, which had its cult following. Because of that cult following, the first movies were conceived and made. If the series had completely flopped we would not have any movies.

Even the current Star Trek franchise is shying away from TV shows...

Inhuman movie is happening whether there is a TV show or not... and whether a hypothetical TV show is good or not...
    Last edited by solletaire; 04-09-2015 at 02:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I can let most of your post slide (I disagree that nothing happened the first half of season 1 - as it turns out, it has been the most interesting part of the series to date, but you're entitled to your opinion). But "Coulson was never an everyman" just strikes me as either not knowing what an everyman is or not understanding who Coulson is. he most certainly is an everyman character.
    How many everyman characters are so completely unfazed by everything they're seeing like he is in Iron Man and Thor? He was Tony's straight man, and then he because the MCU's straight man, and then he stopped being that when the tv shows made him goofier than when he's around Captain America in Avengers.

You're probably right about the nothing happening for the first half of season one. I think they may have been more than half a season in before Winter Soldier happened.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Plus it would be going head to head with whatever X-Men tv show Fox is planning. So it'd be an interest middle finger to Fox, especially if the show goes well and if it's on ABC then it ain't getting cancelled unless it REALLY bombs which it won't because the MCU can basically sell anything at this point. It has sold Ant Man tickets for god's sake.

And I really like the Inhumans so I'd watch the hell out of a Inhumans spin off.
    If Marvel wants to skip origin stories then an Inhumans show would be a great way to do that, SHIELD is also doing that but as a slow burn.

And establishing Inhumans on earth could make an interesting show and be easy to tie into the movie when it gets here, since the royals will basically arrive to a planet already full of subjects.

Only thing I can't work out is what the Inhumans would do day to day in a show, rescue other inhumans? fight enhanced villains? that's the bit i can't pitch.
    I would love for there to be an Inhumans TV show. The guy that plays Skye love interest (Luke Mitchell) used to be in a CW show called The Tomorrow People about Enhanced humans who were hunted for their powers. They lived in a hidden region underneath a city where one could only get to by teleportation. An inhuman tv show can be done even in a smaller budget.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    How many everyman characters are so completely unfazed by everything they're seeing like he is in Iron Man and Thor? He was Tony's straight man, and then he because the MCU's straight man, and then he stopped being that when the tv shows made him goofier than when he's around Captain America in Avengers.

You're probably right about the nothing happening for the first half of season one. I think they may have been more than half a season in before Winter Soldier happened.
    Definition of everyman: "In literature and drama, the term everyman has come to mean an ordinary individual, with whom the audience or reader is supposed to be able to identify easily, and who is often placed in extraordinary circumstances."

Definition of straight man: "The straight man is a a stock character in a comedy performance, especially a double act, sketch comedy, or farce. They make their partner look all the more ridiculous by being completely serious."

I don't see why Coulson can't be both...
    Last edited by solletaire; 04-09-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I would love for there to be an Inhumans TV show. The guy that plays Skye love interest (Luke Mitchell) used to be in a CW show called The Tomorrow People about Enhanced humans who were hunted for their powers. They lived in a hidden region underneath a city where one could only get to by teleportation. An inhuman tv show can be done even in a smaller budget.
    It's harder in the MCU because the only people who would hunt inhumans are shield or hydra and they're rather tired villains for the inhumans. we'd need someone new. i suppose they could invent some x-men-esque villain who is interested in harvesting their DNA call him Master Tinister or something.

If it focused just on that hidden city of inhumans and not the royals, it could be great. especially if it runs long enough to tie into the inhumans movie. They'd probably be better doing it as a mini series like agent carter so we don't get filler or slow pacing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's harder in the MCU because the only people who would hunt inhumans are shield or hydra and they're rather tired villains for the inhumans. we'd need someone new. i suppose they could invent some x-men-esque villain who is interested in harvesting their DNA call him Master Tinister or something.
    What's AIM been up to? I know the MCU turned it into a privately funded think-tank but they are getting no love as an evil organisation. Why not have George Tarleton scoop up AIM in the absence of the IM3 villain and let him run wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What's AIM been up to? I know the MCU turned it into a privately funded think-tank but they are getting no love as an evil organisation. Why not have George Tarleton scoop up AIM in the absence of the IM3 villain and let him run wild.
    A good idea.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Gimme some kind of Thunderbolts show. Bobbi leading a team of reformed villains?
    Does WB's Suicide Squad hurt or help that idea?

I'd honestly love if the spin-off was a "Damage Control" series...and was a half-hour sitcom.
    Junior Braves of the Apocalypse - NOW AVAILABLE!