Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    It's harder in the MCU because the only people who would hunt inhumans are shield or hydra and they're rather tired villains for the inhumans. we'd need someone new. i suppose they could invent some x-men-esque villain who is interested in harvesting their DNA call him Master Tinister or something.

If it focused just on that hidden city of inhumans and not the royals, it could be great. especially if it runs long enough to tie into the inhumans movie. They'd probably be better doing it as a mini series like agent carter so we don't get filler or slow pacing.
    Why not use the Ennilux Corporation, which I believe is a corporation using Inhumans for profit?

I didn't get a good idea of what they were in Soules Inhumans run, but I think it could work as part of the hidden tribes story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Why not use the Ennilux Corporation, which I believe is a corporation using Inhumans for profit?

I didn't get a good idea of what they were in Soules Inhumans run, but I think it could work as part of the hidden tribes story.
    Not sure they'll go this way, but, yeah a corporation as one big bad could work...and not just in the obvious ways. Corrupting the Inhumans by offering them jobs or trying to buy genetic material would be seen as subversion of Inhuman society....

I'm guessing it would be a showcase for the "powered" people; Deathlok, Quake/Daisy/Skye, Raina, Bobbi (OK shes not powered, but is a big name) etc. Similar to the arrow/flash spinoff we're getting. Though they'd have to introduce a couple more characters to fill it out.

I'd say an Inhumans series would work too but with the movie planned, probably not where its going.
    Last edited by TonySnark; 04-09-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post

As I understood it (and I might be wrong), I thought Ennilux was a corporation completely run by Inhumans, not just using them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Definition of everyman: "In literature and drama, the term everyman has come to mean an ordinary individual, with whom the audience or reader is supposed to be able to identify easily, and who is often placed in extraordinary circumstances."

Definition of straight man: "The straight man is a a stock character in a comedy performance, especially a double act, sketch comedy, or farce. They make their partner look all the more ridiculous by being completely serious."

I don't see why Coulson can't be both...
    Do you think the man that's unfazed by stuff like gods and Iron Man is an ordinary individual that you're supposed to see yourself as? Look at something like Hellboy, and then compare that movies normal human character to Coulson.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Could be a series around Ward, a sort of Punisher-lite with a hero using questionable methods to achieve somewhat questionable goals. It would relieve the creators of having to shoehorn Ward into a series in which he clearly has no permanent place anymore, not being one of the good guys nor one of the bad guys. The good guys can only work with him under extreme circumstances, such as currently, and the circumstances can't always be this extreme.

Seems weird they would try to do an Inhumans series. The limited budget could make the series underwhelming, which would threaten the movie. Someone in another thread mentioned that you can't do a Legion Of Superheroes TV series because the budget would be way too big, and Inhumans would be kind of like that. On the other hand, I think The Flash has demonstrated that you can put a wide variety of powers on the TV screen week after week, so I am not sure I buy that argument. Still, a Ward spinoff seems like a better bet than Inhumans. Deathlok would be more likely also.
    A Ward spinoff would be very cool; I just don't see it going down. Maybe throw Ward and Deathlok into a situation where they are forced to work together. I'd watch those 2 kick ass every week.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Sounds cool to me, as it suggests ABC has faith in SHIELD and I'm still holding out hope for a SHIELD that consistently reaches its potential. Last week's episode was SO WELL EXECUTED, probably not coincidentally when they brought in David Solomon, one of the primary Buffy directors. Did no one else see that episode, think it was awesome? The producers have been on the right track all season long, and the writing has been strong more often than not, but the main thing sabotaging the show is the completely bland, utilitarian, unflatteringly vision-less direction of the individual episodes. If they can keep bringing people like Solomon in for repeat visits, the show could be amazing.

As for spinoff, I'd like anything that gives Olmos room to stick around, though unfortunately another branch of SHIELD is obviously redundant. A show with Ward playing a more prominent role is a good bet.. "Agents of Hydra"? "Marvel's Hail Hydra?"
    My first reaction was; that may have been the best episode of SHIELD so far. I loved it. Then I started trying to second guess myself- but I can't remember enjoying the entire hour too many times the way I did with this week's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    You know you want to watch

BOB! Agent of HYDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its over. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by TonySnark View Post
    As I understood it (and I might be wrong), I thought Ennilux was a corporation completely run by Inhumans, not just using them.
    Yep, as the head guy was trying to transfer his conscience into a younger Inhuman in Soule's run. But, that would stave off the concerns of those worried about overlapping too far into the mutant (humans vs. different) storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Avengers wouldn't hamper the show the only reason people care about the show because it is in the cinematic universe. If you are not going to use those ties to give a rating boost they should have call the show Nikita or Alias. Agents of SHIELD can be the number 1 rated show on TV anytime they want too with just a couple small cameos. That's my main point.

The second point is Arrow /Flash /new Spinoff show will never have Batman or Superman. Even Supergirl i think won't get Superman. AoS has advantage of being able to use the big guns. Just a Robert Downey Jr cameo no suit of armor would be huge. DC films are actually hindrance to the shows Harley Quinn and Deadshot are being pulled because of the film.

All I am saying AoS or Spinoff, A 5 min talk between Banner and Skye,A cameo where Fitz Simmons get to talk to Stark,A small action scene between May and Black Widow. Or Spin off with Mockingbird she meets Hawkeye. AoS doesn't need big set pieces just a small tie with Avenger would be good for the health of the show.If they want GoT type rating a couple Avengers centric episode would give them numbers.
    From the beggining the producers made it very clear that this was not the point of the show. They wanted to build something interesting within that world that could stand on its own without a cheap stunt every other week like "HEY IRON MAN IS SHOWING UP FOR 2 MINUTES". Expectations were very clearly set on this.

But the main reason? Those guys get paid MASSIVE amounts of money to appear in the movies, essentially signed away years of their lives to Marvel, and to expect them to take time to pop into the show and wave at the camera is a bit much. People would see through that for what it is, a cheap plug to appeal to casual viewers.
    The cost of having Robert Downey Jr appear in an episode is likely the budget for 4 or 5 full episodes.
    Last edited by TonySnark; 04-09-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    The thought of an Inhumans spinoff seems strange to me because I feel like Marvel wouldn't want to have a TV show on the air for possibly four years before the Inhumans movie. It could confuse audiences, especially if the show doesn't do well.

I still think it'll be something more related to S.H.I.E.L.D. but distinct enough where it doesn't need a backdoor pilot.
    Good point. The movie is so far off, if they did an Inhumans show that bombed and only lasted a season (or even got cancelled mid-season), it would essentially kill the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Oh, you mean like have Star Trek movies on at the same time as the series was on TV?
    That's a very different scenario. Star Trek was an established brand before the movies came, Inhumans to this point in nothing more than a date on the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Gimme some kind of Thunderbolts show. Bobbi leading a team of reformed villains?
    I could get into this idea. I was thinking of a show focused on powered characters, with Thunderbolts it would help fill out the roster, and could be a mix of heroes and villains.

Mockingbird and Deathlok lead a team that includes Creel and Blizzard, with a T-bolts type concept that they can reduce their jail time by cooperating with these missions.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

It might be worth pointing out that last September, actor Fran Kranz (a Whedon regular) tweeted:

"Mockingbird. Robbie Baldwin. Shield. Soon."

And then deleted the tweet later that day. That was about a month before Mockingbird first appeared on the show.

It may stretch the definition of "soon" to say that tweet might have referred to a Mockingbird/Speedball spinoff, though. It could be that Kranz was originally supposed to be on AoS as Robbie Baldwin but the plans got scrapped or delayed for some reason.

Keep Deathlok a guest character. I want to see an Agent Carter 2nd season. I'm not interested in an Agent Ward series. Given the limited amount of superhumans seen so far in the MCU, I'm wondering exactly what could legitimately be spun off from SHIELD that's not just more SHIELD. I'm fine with waiting until the Inhumans movie for an Inhumans centric storyline.