Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Deadpool, #250

With a thirty-page lead-in and a twenty-page finale crafted by writers Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan, "Deadpool" #250 brings about the death of Deadpool and a collection of less memorable adventures.

Full review here.

Spectacular Member

The only thing I found off about the main story was the notable absence of Shiklah. The previous issue seemed to be setting something up for her and it was never resolved. I hope her upcoming Secret Wars title brings this story back into focus.

The absence of Shiklah didn't come to my attention until after I read the main story... I took that to mean that it didn't bother me enough to care. Don't get me wrong, I like Shiklah, but this book has always been about Deadpool's inner struggles and then about his inner struggles while protecting his daughter. Loved it. Fantastic run.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not convinced Ellie is dead. For all we know, she has a healing factor, same as Wade. They may both make it out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by davewire View Post
    The only thing I found off about the main story was the notable absence of Shiklah. The previous issue seemed to be setting something up for her and it was never resolved. I hope her upcoming Secret Wars title brings this story back into focus.
    I'm guessing Mrs Deadpool and Her Howling Commandos will address some of the set up from the previous issue. That being said, I would have liked to have seen her in the final main story segment.
    Here are my unresolved plots:
    Ellie's mutant power (to be fair, Duggan said that he probably wouldn't get around that topic)
    Will Deadpool remember more of his past, his parenticidal act in particular.
    And damnit, we never learned the identity of the mystery woman fron the Presidents arc!

Thanks for a great run, Brian and Gerry. You took some great risks that paid off. You will be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm not convinced Ellie is dead. For all we know, she has a healing factor, same as Wade. They may both make it out of this.
    a healing factor does'nt mean anything if you're phased out of existence.
    we all know deadpool is gonna be in SW.
    i hope Ellie won't be shelved in the next deadpool run.

great end to a great run by Posehn & Duggan..
    what i loved is that the series went down fighting by taking a few swipes at Marvel
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    a healing factor does'nt mean anything if you're phased out of existence.
    we all know deadpool is gonna be in SW.
    i hope Ellie won't be shelved in the next deadpool run.

great end to a great run by Posehn & Duggan..
    what i loved is that the series went down fighting by taking a few swipes at Marvel

I agree. I do have to say about the review: it did show a serious side... but I fear that always get missed. when he broke the fourth wall... he wasn't being funny at all. in fact, he was being damned serious. I like Deadpool because he honestly do love his family, and I do feel for him when he realizes he can't be there. This series was a perfect Tragicomic. Well done.

As for the back up tales I learned a very valuable lesson: Never trust old white women.... BWAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Monti73; 04-12-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monti73 View Post
    I agree. I do have to say about the review: it did show a serious side... but I fear that always get missed. when he broke the fourth wall... he wasn't being funny at all. in fact, he was being damned serious. I like Deadpool because he honestly do love his family, and I do feel for him when he realizes he can't be there. This series was a perfect Tragicomic. Well done.

As for the back up tales I learned a very valuable lesson: Never trust old white women.... BWAHAHAHAHA
    my fave moment was
    'incursions? i thought it was avengers nonsense. have'nt they fixed it already'
    i took it as the writers (or deadpool) were pretty upset they became part of this XD
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    my fave moment was
    'incursions? i thought it was avengers nonsense. have'nt they fixed it already'
    i took it as the writers (or deadpool) were pretty upset they became part of this XD
    Yes, that last page shattered the fourth wall and I loved it. Especially how Wade accepted it as a good "finale."

Fantastic Member

Two things I hated about this issue, before reading it -

1. I despise Deadpool.

2. A $9.99 price tag for a digital comic? Eeew!

But - after reading the comments here, I went and got it. Good stuff. I'm glad I took a chance with this.

Somehow, they've managed to make Deadpool a more likable character, before dispatching him to limbo, and bringing him back on Battleworld later.

BANNED

I hated the end. Worst "death" since 616 Peter two years ago.

It was odd Shiklah wasn't present though

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Two things I hated about this issue, before reading it -

1. I despise Deadpool.

2. A $9.99 price tag for a digital comic? Eeew!

But - after reading the comments here, I went and got it. Good stuff. I'm glad I took a chance with this.

Somehow, they've managed to make Deadpool a more likable character, before dispatching him to limbo, and bringing him back on Battleworld later.
    You should maybe check out the rest of the run then

Or at least The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    You should maybe check out the rest of the run then

Or at least The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    Yes, might do that. Gonna wait until the SW Deadpool tie-in, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I hated the end. Worst "death" since 616 Peter two years ago.

It was odd Shiklah wasn't present though
    Couldn't kill her off here because she will be in Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Couldn't kill her off here because she will be in Secret Wars?
    It's an alternate reality, that Shiklah. Duggan said it himself in an interview. How Deadpool and Shiklah meet in that book is different from how it happened in Gauntlet.