Default Spider-Man 2099 #11

Miguel's back in the present and he has two goals: prevent the changes to the early 21st Century that led to the world of Future Imperfect replacing his 2099, and spray his neighbor with future medicine to cure her terminal cancer. That ends oddly as the roommate does not like it when there's a guy in a spider costume in her bedroom.

There's a bit of a crossover with events in Amazing Spider-Man, as Miguel's employers at Alchemax competes with Peter Parker for a prison contract. Miguel has a team-up with Peter against a name villain (I'm not going to spoil everything) as they mull over the changes to the future.

Miguel gets home and his neighbor's celebrating a good prognosis. Things get kinda weird, and I'm hoping someone else can explain if we're supposed to recognize the monster in the final page.

I will say I enjoyed this issue. It functions well as a bridge between the Maestro story and the finale. Characterization is solid and a lot of stuff happens, without it being too crammed.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Miguel gets home and his neighbor's celebrating a good prognosis. Things get kinda weird, and I'm hoping someone else can explain if we're supposed to recognize the monster in the final page.
    I don't know. But I think maybe that's the thing he does that caused the altered future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I don't know. But I think maybe that's the thing he does that caused the altered future.
    I don't know, that seems a bit much that in a place where super powered beings pop up all the time that a new one popping up would change much, especially with mutants having returned and Inhumans on the rise. That'd be like another Tuesday for Manhattan.

It's really a shame Secret Wars is causing the series to end so prematurely as I'd love to see the developments PAD set up like Maestro, Miguel's relationship with Tempest and how he works to find a way to fix his future and return to it.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 04-09-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Hulk told him Alchemax is the cause. However, he could be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't know, that seems a bit much that in a place where super powered beings pop up all the time that a new one popping up would change much,
    spoilers:
    I'm assuming the Alchemax doctor who cooked up the cancer cure spiked it. It may not be as simple as it just turned one person into a meta human.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm assuming the Alchemax doctor who cooked up the cancer cure spiked it. It may not be as simple as it just turned one person into a meta human.
    end of spoilers
    Well yea of course he spiked it. This is Alchemax we're talking about. Not only are they an evil corporation but there's no way they're gonna just help Spider-Man like that just because he asked them to when they hate him. But even so, I think there's more to this bad future than that. It could even be that Miguel's interference in the past is leading to this in spite of him trying to change things for the better. It could be that in trying to make sure his grandfather is a better person, someone worse comes into power at Alchemax thus making his father a necessary evil for the sake of 2099 to exist.

Man, being Spider-Man 2099 is suffering.

Good issue but I feel we'd need more than one to wrap up nicely. Still, even without the ending I can say it was a satisfying return for PAD and Miggy and I'll be following his role in Secret Wars, whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well yea of course he spiked it. This is Alchemax we're talking about.
    That surprizingly never crossed my mind. Especially since I just re-read the original 1st issue where Tyler spikes Miggy's drink with Rapture... For some reason I thought she bit his lip from her drunkeness, and his blood mixed with her physiology and mutated her. I like your theory better.

BTW, I enjoyed the line where he refered to the Goblin 2099 as female. PAD originally intended for Father Jennifer to be the Goblin, but they changed it to his brother Gabe after PAD left. Though I think he later retconned it to be a shapeshifting alien or something.
    Last edited by David_99; 04-09-2015 at 08:17 PM.

BANNED

It was very good. I'm still not over this being cancelled for Avengers 2099 though, they could have just kept both.
    Hopefully it'll be back after Secret War.

Looking forward to see what happens next for Miguel.