Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spider-Woman #6

Quote Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...-marvel-comics yeesh, the spiderverse arc was not that bad, what's with the obsession with everyone trying to make issue 5 sound like issue 1
    I actually feel that issue 5 SHOULD have been issue 1. The first 4 issues should have been their own Spider-Verse miniseries.

I just read #5 and reading the reviews of this issue it seems the Black Cat has become the kingpin of crime and pure evil villain now.
    I'm a new reader and in the comics I've recently read she has been the antagonist of:
    Howard the Duck
    Silk (seems to be the one the primary one for her issues at this time)
    Spider-Woman (if what I read from this thread is true she will be another big bad for her and who knows if Silk and her might meet up again in Silk or Spider-Woman by chance because of them battling the Black Cat at the same time)
    and Spider-man

(and with Spider-Gwen comic having Felicia Hardy in what will probably be a rival band called the Black Cats shown on #2 I have a feeling Black Cat will be making an appearance was well be if she is good or bad is unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I actually feel that issue 5 SHOULD have been issue 1. The first 4 issues should have been their own Spider-Verse miniseries.
    I sorta felt/feel that way too and it seems kinds obvious so I scratch my head over why Marvel didn't do that. All I can come up with is that they may have felt that the first 4 issues would sell well anyway (thx to Spider Verse) and that they would form a natural bridge to the "new" Spider-Woman of issue #5 thus guaranteeing (in their minds anyway) better sales through a "built-in" audience than if they just launched a new SW #1 out of the blue. Just a theory....

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I just read #5 and reading the reviews of this issue it seems the Black Cat has become the kingpin of crime and pure evil villain now.
    I'm a new reader and in the comics I've recently read she has been the antagonist of:
    Howard the Duck
    Silk (seems to be the one the primary one for her issues at this time)
    Spider-Woman (if what I read from this thread is true she will be another big bad for her and who knows if Silk and her might meet up again in Silk or Spider-Woman by chance because of them battling the Black Cat at the same time)
    and Spider-man

(and with Spider-Gwen comic having Felicia Hardy in what will probably be a rival band called the Black Cats shown on #2 I have a feeling Black Cat will be making an appearance was well be if she is good or bad is unknown)
    It hasn't actually been confirmed who is behind the kidnappings. People just seem to think it'd be interesting if it were her as a way to tie Jessica more into Peter's world. Personally, I hope it's not as to avoid this evil Black Cat plot from getting any bigger than it deserves to be.