Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Excellent issue. Gorgeous art and colors. The naked fight scene, water and blood. It reminds me the opening sequence of The Dying & The Dead. Hickman wrote at least the time indications ! Very good team work by Hickman Dragotta and Martin...

Been reading East of West in trades for a while now and it is great. Can definitely feel the manga influences within it, especially with Babylon. Death being a futuristic cowboy is just brilliant.
    Give our page a like;

www.facebook.com/backpocketcomics

Just finished year one and holy crap. I'm so annoyed at myself for not reading this from the day it launched, but I'm able to catch up (in single issues, nonetheless, which is awesome) and it's instantly becoming my favorite Image title. I'm gonna read The World one shot and then start year two tomorrow. So pumped.

BANNED

Setup Issue we getting all the players in the same Room although Wolf is kinda cheating here. Since no one else seems to be bringing 2 for backup. Although Chekov is kinda possessing so that might count. I expect a high causality count though.

BANNED

Well, I just added it to my pull (technically last month) and ordered the first 25 or so issues to read until the next one hits. I'm not much of a trade guy so I always get the flopies, and let me tell you, they cost me a pretty penny (170 euros)! Still, I reckon it'll be worth it. Now to gather cash for the other series I jumped too late on and need to buy back issues. Sigh, the bane of a physical collector... I do wish there were some memorabilia from this. I'm a toy/collectible collector as well, and I'd love some statues or action figures.

Spectacular Member

Well gee whiz, talk about pay-off. One hell of an issue. Can't wait to see where things go from here.

Fantastic Member

Series still going strong and really enjoying it . Also reading Saga and Lazarus and enjoying those too , cant see any of them ending soon .

Mighty Member

I have some opinions on this series. I have read it from the beginning and I have really enjoyed it. It has all the Hickman tropes. It is a high concept story, with great world building and interesting character. The art is incredible. Dragotta and Martin are killing it. But it also has the one thing that Hickman tends to do in his writing style that sometimes causes me to drop his books. Hickman's plots tend to move at a snails pacing. In fact the plot has stalled so much in this story. Where is the story going? I do not know. His books read better in trade than in singles issues. I will keep reading but I do want to plot to move forward. The same thing happened in his New Avengers story. Where is the story arch? In the past 10 issues, the plot really has not moved forward. Does anyone else feel this way about this and Hickman's other writing.

I feel like it's moved at a decent pace. Keep in mind there are tons of characters in this book.. a lot of different groups of casts that have their own part of the story that all need to be moved forward. So while the story for one group is being told, it may feel like the other groups aren't doing anything. I'm sure a lot is going to happen as this is the final year of the apocalypse.

Just got the Vol 1 TPB for $3 (used), looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex94 View Post
    Just got the Vol 1 TPB for $3 (used), looks interesting.
    That's a no brainer.

Did he finish this yet?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

All-New Member

Pumped for vol 6 next week. Do we know when this is ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexagon View Post
    Pumped for vol 6 next week. Do we know when this is ending?
    One more year of the Apocalypse.. so anywhere from 12 to 15 more issues.

Incredible Member

So after this week's #34 (end of vol 7) we have 10 issues (2 vols) left to go, right?