Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

So I have been way behind because I only read things as trades, but wow, the third volume came this week and it was just so ridiculously good. I liked the first two volumes a lot, but there's no denying they were largely setup, in this volume things really get going. I get that not everyone loves hickman (just as I don't like Fraction), but this may well be his best work.

I am very excited for the rest of the series. I am wondering at this point what Chamberlain's goals are as well as what the Endless Nation is planning. By bombing the armistice I have to assume they are as much anti-chosen as anti-texas. Also, what is Texas going to do with a possessed Bel Solomon? I am also curious that War mentions Hiroshima since history changed long before world war two. Maybe in the next volume we'll get into what the rest of the glob looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by BogSurfer View Post
    Everybody else as stoked as I am on the October Solicitaion for East of West?

EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD (ONE-SHOT)
    story: JONATHAN HICKMAN
    art / cover: NICK DRAGOTTA
    OCTOBER 29 / 40 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99
    "THE WORLD"
    A STAND ALONE, all-encompassing look at the wider world of EAST OF WEST. Part atlas, part encyclopedia, part timeline, and part apocrypha, EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD is the must-have one-shot companion to the spellbinding series.
    NOTE: EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD will contain pivotal plot and character info that will not be in the regular series...so don't miss out!
    The Apocalypse is illuminated in EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD.

Should make a fantastic companion piece for such a rich and textured world/cast of characters. Probably the book I'm most looking forward to for October.
    Does anyone know if this will be included in the next trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Bishop View Post
    Does anyone know if this will be included in the next trade?
    Nothing has been announced about it being in the next trade... Seen as it is only 40 pages I'd hope it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Nothing has been announced about it being in the next trade... Seen as it is only 40 pages I'd hope it would be.
    Cool, when does it come out? I thought it was supposed to be this month but I can't find a solicit.

Cool, when does it come out? I thought it was supposed to be this month but I can't find a solicit.
    It seems to be sold out in my normal online shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    It seems to be sold out in my normal online shops.
    Really? I mean, it was supposed to come out this week I know, but there are no reviews or any buzz online so I assumed that was wrong...It had better be in the trade.

Comes out next week, 29th. Your LCS will have copies and if that fails eBay sellers have stockpiles of them from what I've seen.

So I have been way behind because I only read things as trades, but wow, the third volume came this week and it was just so ridiculously good. I liked the first two volumes a lot, but there's no denying they were largely setup, in this volume things really get going. I get that not everyone loves hickman (just as I don't like Fraction), but this may well be his best work.
    Hickman's been pretty critical of his own work from last year. Said he over booked/worked himself and everything suffered. I think he's scaling back and trying to get back to quality over quantity.

I've enjoyed the book as a whole but that last issue was easily the best since the first issue. I'm really excited to see where he takes it from here. And Dragotta is the real beast of this series!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Hickman's been pretty critical of his own work from last year. Said he over booked/worked himself and everything suffered. I think he's scaling back and trying to get back to quality over quantity.

I've enjoyed the book as a whole but that last issue was easily the best since the first issue. I'm really excited to see where he takes it from here. And Dragotta is the real beast of this series!!
    I love Hickman a lot, but I am glad he admitted that. I am not planning on dropping Manhattan Projects, but I was really disappointed in the fourth volume and would like to see it get back on track. This also makes me even more excited for more East of West which is seriously one of the best comics I have ever read.

I didn't think East of West suffered much, to be honest. There were a couple slower issues, but that's largely due to world building, which is important in a book like this. Still, if he wants it to be better, I won't argue.

I finally finished the last trade. That last page just gutted me. This book is so hard to trade wait, but it just flows a lot better for me as a trade.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I didn't think East of West suffered much, to be honest. There were a couple slower issues, but that's largely due to world building, which is important in a book like this. Still, if he wants it to be better, I won't argue.
    I agree with this in the case of EOW. But Manhattan Projects saw a notable drop in quality recently that I hope is reversed soon because it was, for the first three volumes, my favorite book on the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by RoguishGurl View Post
    I finally finished the last trade. That last page just gutted me. This book is so hard to trade wait, but it just flows a lot better for me as a trade.
    Gutted is a good term for it...

"dragotta-east-of-west-babylon.jpg

I just re read the issues when an arc is complete. Best of both worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack00 View Post
    Well it's official, this is my favorite comic in my pull list ahead of SAGA, Conan, Manhattan Projects, Invincible, Black Science, Deadly Class, Southern Bastards.
    Great list.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."