Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    Comes out next week, 29th. Your LCS will have copies and if that fails eBay sellers have stockpiles of them from what I've seen.
    Release date update...

So the EoW: The World One-Shot will be out November 12 with issue 16 set for December 10, and issue 17 out January 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Release date update...

So the EoW: The World One-Shot will be out November 12 with issue 16 set for December 10, and issue 17 out January 14.
    Seriously? Why the change in release date for The World.. would think they would have had it all set and done months ago, especially if it's just a world building book.

Release date update...

That's a little disappointing. Wonder what the deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    That's a little disappointing. Wonder what the deal is.
    With Image who knows. Issue 15 was supposed to be out in August but got delayed to September 15. September was going to be a skip month while we waited for The World to come out in October. But with 15 getting delayed until September, that off set The World I'm sure. August and October became the skip the months, but now we'll have EoW in November and December.

I'm getting enough titles now from Image that I'm really seeing the delays in the books that are supposed to be coming out monthly (not counting the planned skip/hiatus months). Try being a fan of the first issue of Wytches which came out October 8 and for whatever reason Image decided to delay issue 2 until November 19 (six weeks after the first issue! Not that great of a decision for a brand new book). Image claims issue 3 will be out 3 weeks later on December 3 and then 5 weeks later for issue 4 to come out on January 14. So who knows why Image does what they do. If you've been waiting for the final issue of The Great Pacific (issue 18) to come out like I have, then all those boners are purely on the creative side. 2 month gaps between issues to pump out the last arc. Kind of crappy for a book that was keeping a monthly schedule pretty well. I spoke to Joe Harris last month at the Rose City Comic Con here in Portland and I asked why the delays/is it cancelled? He said it wasn't cancelled and that this last arc was planned, but that it was really emotional to do this last one. Him and the artist really wanted to do a great job on it etc. He claims that they will tie up what they have done and set up but it will end in a way that it will let them continue Great Pacific at a later date, but that they're focus will be a new creator owned book coming out sometime next year, which if you ask me, has been the reason why this final arc has taken nearly a year to get out. But enough venting about other books. Back on topic with East of West!
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 10-23-2014 at 09:09 PM.

BANNED

Yeah Its Image u get used to delays, skips, etc

Have managed to get behind on a lot of books, this is one that I'm very much looking forward to getting up to speed on again!

Usually delays at Image aren't anything Image did, but the creators falling behind. They're only human. They're also in full control of their books, and sometime I bet they decide to take a little longer to do it better than rush out an inferior product. I think a lot of Image books make more money on trades over time than single issues, so the final product might be a more important consideration than the monthly schedule.

I could be wrong, but that's my thinking, knowing what I know about Image, and the industry. Being late never hurt The Walking Dead.

I'd guess Hickman had to focus on his Avengers/NA stuff. For those that don't know, the latest arc jumped ahead 8 months from the rest of the Marvel universe. I can't even imagine the amount of coordination he had to do with other writers to keep it in continuity as much as possible.

Another release date update. The World is delayed again until November 29. Issue 16 is still scheduled for December 10. Damnit.

Another release date update. The World is delayed again until November 29. Issue 16 is still scheduled for December 10. Damnit.
    November 29 is a Saturday.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    November 29 is a Saturday.
    Sorry, Wednesday the 26th.

December 10th so far away!! Hope it doesn't get pushed back any further.

New week, new delay announcement. The World has been delayed from November 26 to December 3. Issue 16 is still supposedly scheduled for December 10. Ugh. Just waiting for this to effect the regular monthly. Man I want this book back. I really miss it.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 11-10-2014 at 12:57 PM.

New week, new delay announcement. The World has been delayed from November 26 to December 3. Issue 16 is still supposedly scheduled for December 10. Ugh. Just waiting for this to effect the regular monthly. Man I want this book back. I really miss it.
    I concur. I will need the void of the Saga hiatus filled quickly lol.

The Image Website for Upcoming Releases still says 26 November, where did you get the 3 December from?