Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    At what point is a title considered "long-running"? Spider-Girl made it to #100.
    You are correct, sir, I had forgotten that title.

I just want Elektra back.

BANNED

I think Black Cat, Dazzler, Misty Knight & Spectrum are deserving of an ongoing. It blows my mind that no one said Sue Storm.
    Last edited by Starchild; 04-13-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Most of my favorites have already had a shot at a series, are MIA(Crystal, Moondragon), or haven't been fleshed out enough to have their own corner of the Marvel U or supporting cast, so my choices are honestly characters I think could work in solos with good creative teams and promotion:

Scarlet Witch: she's in a movie and is one of the more popular classic Avengers characters, so it may work if they explore the mystical/horror elements, from a feminist perspective. Maybe include Wiccan and Speed from time to time.
    Hellcat: fun-loving personality that could work very well in the wake of the popularity of Kamala Khan and Cindy Moon.
    America Chavez: has a unique background and her dimension jumping power could be very appealing, especially if the writer is creative enough about it and the art just goes crazy with the designs.
    Jessica Jones: along with the fact that she's getting a Netflix show, just because she's a wife and a mom doesn't mean she can't still have some solo adventures.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Gah, I've always loved Spidey stories with Black Cat as a kid. I wouldn't mind a BLACK CAT ongoing, but it'd prolly be too similar in tone to CATWOMAN or BLACK WIDOW.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    Hellcat: fun-loving personality that could work very well in the wake of the popularity of Kamala Khan and Cindy Moon.
    Yep, she could be Marvel's answer to Batgirl, in my opinion. Her miniseries that Immonen did was such an underrated gem that probably wasn't right for the market at the time it was released. I think it would do better now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Oh yeah!

There are a lot of good suggestions here. I'll add another, completely aware of how unrealistic it is:

Queen Divine Justice

let me throw a little more wildcards in

Black Swan in a series where she finally finds her family?

Proxima the space warrior lady ?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    SECONDED.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Victoria Hand should come back. She has in MAOS, so with Secret Wars, why not bring her back from one of those alternate realities? I don't know how you could do a series around her, but she could be written as another Black Widow clone, but more a pencil pusher. You'd have to find a suitable platform to display her, but she lends herself to a very misunderstood relationship with the conventional super heroes, having a philosophy that is counter to theirs. You always have to be suspicious of her motives and never feel comfortable about her alliances. Victoria makes a very awkward person to deal with, because of her sexual orientation, in that she can't seduce men, but she can have sexual tension around women. I would like a secret SHIELD team to be Sue Richards and Victoria Hand.

It has become so fascinating now that Sue Richards is a spy. I can't think of any time Sue had her own series. Marvel kept Sue in a jar her whole life being seen as just a female with no real power. But since Sue has shown a dark side on several occasions now, and a versatility with her powers, she has to be taken out of the bottle and given more forceful roles in the future. They kept Sue in the periphery, making Sue a Queen of the undersea Kingdom, but leaving it there. It's difficult with Sue because she has children, but Reed taking responsibility for a change has worked so far.
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-14-2015 at 06:31 AM.

I would love for Ava to get her own solo series. I think she is a great character and I think she has a ton of potential and a strong mythos backing her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!