Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

That's the thing though, is the reflex gap big enough?
    I suppose it comes to this; how big do you envision the gap between Batman and Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I suppose it comes to this; how big do you envision the gap between Batman and Nightwing?
    I see dick as just under him. I mean its not a blitzable gap is it? If cap had Shiva reflexes I could see him throwing the shield and crossing the field fast enough to catch dick. Dick also has the option of retreating while throwing out explosives/gas.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    I thought "tanking" it meant he would not be knocked out by it :/
    'Tanking', everwhere I've heard the expression, means 'eating the damage and keeping on trucking without serious impediment.

Wonder Woman, for example, tanks nukes to the face. She does not, however, tank a punch in the face from Superman. If I were to say she could, it would be giving entirely the wrong impression (that being that Wonder Woman is tough enough that hits from Superman don't really do a lot to her).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    If cap had Shiva reflexes
    Doesn't he? I've seen him bullet-time at least twice, off the top of my head.

Let's not get into that debate again.

Cap is ruled to be a Peak Human, but not a Bullet Timer.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Let's not get into that debate again.

Cap is ruled to be a Peak Human, but not a Bullet Timer.
    Ah, ok, I see that now. Nevermind.

So if we take all of his high-end reflex feats except the ones where he explicitly bullet-times, that would probably place him an NW within reach of one another.

Quote Originally Posted by lucifernomi View Post
    Ah, ok, I see that now. Nevermind.

So if we take all of his high-end reflex feats except the ones where he explicitly bullet-times, that would probably place him an NW within reach of one another.
    You mean the feats with aim-dodging ?

Yea, that's about peak human.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by lucifernomi View Post
    Nice. However, NW had the advantage of stationary, unsuspecting targets.
    Yep. still multiple pellets ? How long can Cap hold his breath ( while taking kicks from NW )?

Useful, but it only has one shot and is, presumably, not always amped up for Blockbuster. Would the normal charge KO Steve?
    Here's the suit with no amp. Notice how some of the guys are taking the charge second hand from conduction

http://i.imgur.com/XjVGdPC.jpg

It also knocked out Amygdala if I recall correctly ( Amygdala was ragdolling Batman) though I can't find the scan right now

As for explosives, with or without the shield, Cap dodges explosive projectiles every other day. With the shield, he has a generous margin of error.
    He can dodge / endure punishment from some sure, but as many as Dick is throwing there? He is at the very least going to be weakened for the h2h fight

I guess it comes down to this: I don't see NW winning this with martial arts, even if Steve is a little woozy from fleeting exposure to gas (unless Nightwing has enough to fill the arena?) or one bad shock. I don't think it will be enough for NW to merely "create an opening," given Steve's gift for enduring damage. So if the toys don't get it done, its not getting done.
    There's still the suit at close range as well as tranq darts

http://i.imgur.com/cTV3Bs7.jpg

against a now woozy cap

also a laser

http://s932.photobucket.com/user/the...laser.jpg.html

ultrasonics and flashbangs

http://i.imgur.com/p0VpFGC.jpg

And its not like a single blow will knock out Grayson. He's not lacking in the skills department either, especially against a potentially weakened captain america

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    'Tanking', everwhere I've heard the expression, means 'eating the damage and keeping on trucking without serious impediment.

Wonder Woman, for example, tanks nukes to the face. She does not, however, tank a punch in the face from Superman. If I were to say she could, it would be giving entirely the wrong impression (that being that Wonder Woman is tough enough that hits from Superman don't really do a lot to her).
    I see o_0

I always thought it referred to " still standing after taking punishmen". Ok no problems then, Dick cant "tank" a shield throw but he's not going to get knocked out either

He dodges them from people generally speaking well less skilled/overall capable than Grayson, the thing here is that Cap can keep Grayson off balance for whupping them as well as he otherwise could.
    Grayson doesn't particularly have to " aim" while spamming the arena with explosives and gas pellets and ultrasonics and flashbangs ( his visor for example has feats for protecting him from flashbangs) and he is wearing body armour that can take bullets to boot

A single shield thrown by Captain America should not be too difficult to either dodge or catch, dodging is advisable to leave his hands free, but even at close quarters the gear should give him a big advantage against a now woozy captain america at least long enough to fire the taser and weaken him further

Based on the one fight they had? quite huge

Based on feats? Not so big that dick with equiment couldn't beat bruce without

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I see dick as just under him. I mean its not a blitzable gap is it? If cap had Shiva reflexes I could see him throwing the shield and crossing the field fast enough to catch dick. Dick also has the option of retreating while throwing out explosives/gas.
    See, for me I see the gap between the two as more pronounced at the end of the day. Not to the point that Batman is blitzing Nightwing, but to the point that it is a noticeable thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Based on the one fight they had? quite huge

Based on feats? Not so big that dick with equiment couldn't beat bruce without
    Ehhhh, even on feats there's a difference between the two of them that's pretty there as a thing. It's still either way a pronounced gap, and Cap isn't completely unarmed here.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 04-10-2015 at 01:22 PM.

You know, I didn't realize Nightwing had a laser until this thread. Thanks guys.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Grayson doesn't particularly have to " aim" while spamming the arena with explosives and gas pellets and ultrasonics and flashbangs ( his visor for example has feats for protecting him from flashbangs) and he is wearing body armour that can take bullets to boot
    He has to put some measure of effort in as far as Cap otherwise leaping away from ****. I'll give you the flashbangs as a thing, but a shield hit doesn't need to KO him, just hurt him for there to be further issues.