Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Thor, #7

• THE BATTLE FOR THE HAMMER RAGES ON!
    • BEHOLD, THE ALL-NEW THOR VS. THE UNSTOPPABLE MACHINE OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION THAT IS... THE DESTROYER.
    • MOST VERILY, 'TIS 'NUFF SAID.

Full article here.

Wonder how Thor will get out of this one?

The usual Thor way is for the combined armies of all of the Nine Worlds, with the exception of a couple, to approach under the command of Laufey and Malekith and Dario Agger, for the true Ragnarok is at hand, and the gods must fall in battle.

Ultimate Member

How is the Destroyer carrying Mjolnir when Odin couldn't?

This becoming rather interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    How is the Destroyer carrying Mjolnir when Odin couldn't?

This becoming rather interesting.
    Same way a robot/mechanical construct could lift it, the enchantment only applies for living beings?

Either that, or Cul is also worthy.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

If Cul is worthy that could make for an interesting question of if he's manipulating things. Cul was supposed to be the ruler and Odin took that from him. Could one cause issues with the hammer? Or is it because the destroyer is that strong and has no soul that the hammer doesn't have something to react to therefore it's just an ordinary hammer to the robot.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Question

It has been shown in the past to be possible to lift Mjolnir without being worthy. Back in Thor#600(?), when Thor battled his grandfather, Bor was able to lift Mjolnir with any problems even though in that story he was shown to have been a ruthless and cruel ruler and definitely not someone that you would have thought would be worthy.

Extraordinary Member

Love that "One minute later" cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    It has been shown in the past to be possible to lift Mjolnir without being worthy. Back in Thor#600(?), when Thor battled his grandfather, Bor was able to lift Mjolnir with any problems even though in that story he was shown to have been a ruthless and cruel ruler and definitely not someone that you would have thought would be worthy.

Bor still had the Odinforce or Borforce or whatever. At the time, that was enough for Odin too. The new Mjolnir is greater then Odin's powers, and likely Bor's as well.

BANNED

Just about anyone but Thor can carry that hammer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    If Cul is worthy that could make for an interesting question of if he's manipulating things. Cul was supposed to be the ruler and Odin took that from him. Could one cause issues with the hammer? Or is it because the destroyer is that strong and has no soul that the hammer doesn't have something to react to therefore it's just an ordinary hammer to the robot.
    I think maybe If Cul is worthy this means she works for him...or she is related to him?

Amazing Member

Wait...Odinson's getting all the badass women (and Loki) he thought might be carrying his hammer to come help Thor? Now I don't feel so jipped they showed all those characters on the cover of last issue, but only really showed Jane, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lcg16 View Post
    Wait...Odinson's getting all the badass women (and Loki) he thought might be carrying his hammer to come help Thor? Now I don't feel so jipped they showed all those characters on the cover of last issue, but only really showed Jane, lol.
    Thats certainly one sure way to cross their names off the suspect list.

BANNED

So female Thor finally became likable to me, she has just been bland the hole story and I frankly I was annoyed that people were giving it praise for no reason.

This week I enjoyed the chapter, I enjoyed her character.

So at the end they are just doing like "no she is not any of this girls" kinda of thing? becuase why the heck did mommy and Thor get all those woman that aren't related to her at all, if Thor went to get help I dont understand why he would only get woman either, this just seems kinda forced nature of all this female Thor storyline.

Still even though the last scene annoys me, like I said for the first time and I've read all the issues I finally warmed up to her, I still hope Thor gets an hammer somehow and we can have two Thor(we will have a bunch of Spiderman post secret wars most likelly) but I enjoy him with the Axe aswell, I hope her characters keeps improving in future issues(well there is one left but she is going be an avenger and be in other comics).
    Last edited by Kizaru; 04-15-2015 at 08:20 AM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I agree with Kizaru on many points here.

At first this book showed promise but its cons are becoming too obvious to me where I'm at the point of dropping it.

Pros:

- Fallen Thor is interesting
    - Odin is the most enjoyable douchebag I read
    - Thor's Mother is a great character.
    - The beginning of this issue was the only time I really enjoyed this new Thor
    - The story is fun

Cons:

- Female Thor is overall bland.
    - The ending of this issue had my eyes rolling.
    - If the story and cast is good, I don't care about gender or race, I'll be hooked. That being said, this series is trying too hard to push this "Girl Power" stuff. It is forced.

Not sure, but I think I'm about done with this series.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-15-2015 at 11:08 AM.