Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    Except Bullseye is in it. He's the sniper who kills the cops. You can see the Ace of Spades in his bag.
    The ace of spades in association with guns, especially snipers, is not at all unique to a particular character.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_of_spades#War

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    Except Bullseye is in it. He's the sniper who kills the cops. You can see the Ace of Spades in his bag.
    You do realize that sniper missed his target in that scene, correct? That's not Bullseye at all. Also, an Ace of Spades is not always directly associated with Bullseye. I think you're looking into it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    No, Batman Begins always sucks, so did The Dark Knight...don't know about the last one because I was already out by that point. They're pretty uninteresting crime films, the action isn't good, they aren't very well written, and sometimes I'm not sure what the hell the actors are doing. Oh yeah, and Gotham is so damn boring those movies, although at least Batman Begins had the slightest tinge of comic book style to it. They look nice at times at least.

What's the murderer thing people don't understand?
    Opinions are fun things to have.

Finished off the rest of the season last night and must say that I enjoyed the second half of the season much more than I did the first half. The episode with Stick especially was really well done.

The last few episodes were a bit sloppy and the plots were wrapped up too quickly which is a shame given that so much of the first half I felt was drawn out and possibly could have been condensed.

I have some of the same problems that others have expressed about the final fight scene; costume just looked completely uncomfortable and it was too tonally off from what preceded it, but it was so freaking cool to watch that it was only after when I was talking about it afterwards that I really noticed the issues. I let out some weird squeal of joy when Matt ricocheted his billy club to take down the thug. I had no idea how much I would enjoy that moment.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Huston View Post
    Arguments like this will always baffle me. So, because they didn't force the show's main antagonist into a white suit every episode - as if he were a real life Bart Simpson - means that somehow the folks behind the show are scared of the source material? There was a clear reason to the choices the showrunner, writers and directors made in this show. Those reasons may not be liked by everyone, but to say cowardice was the main motivating factor behind them is such a ridiculous leap in logic for anyone to make.

And if Fisk isn't a real villain in the world of Marvel comics, then I don't know who is.

Wow, you totally added a bunch of baggage to DeKnight's quote that simply isn't there. At all. All DeKnight is saying is that they wanted to establish this as their Daredevil in the first season and deliver something we haven't seen before, which makes sense considering how disastrous the film was.
    Totally agree.
    "I'm not seeking penance for what I've done, Father. I'm asking for forgiveness... for what I'm about to do." -Matt Murdock

Click a link below and follow me ->
    YouTube Facebook Twitter Instagram photobucket MoviePilot

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    I just took issue with jmacq1 seeming to scoff at the very notion that I might think it possible that Wesley wasn't going to kill her. There is plenty of reason to believe he wouldn't have- because it wouldn't have solved his problem of getting Ben and everyone else off of the Kingpin's scent. Adding more bodies to the already sizable pile would only make things worse, not better. Hence, Wesley wasn't going to kill Karen, and had no particular reason to try and kill her at the time, but instead would try and do exactly what he seemed to be doing/said he wanted to do- frighten her in to recanting her story, to fix the problems that she had put into motion. If killing Karen were any kind of reasonable solution to his problem, he'd have done it before allowing her to wake up.

Killing Karen = Ben even more determined to figure out Fisk (and her lawyer buddies). Killing Ben = more people now digging into things. Killing Matt and Nelson = even worse. Ad nauseum.
    Yeah, because Fisk and his crew sure had shown all kinds of hesitation about killing people/"leaving a trail of bodies" prior to that point, right?

Killing Ben = Nada. The only people that were spurred on by Ben's death were people that were already looking into things (Matt/Foggy/Karen). Even Ben's wife didn't seem to care that much about getting who was responsible.

Likewise Killing Karen=Nada. Once again, the only people that would care were people that were already going after Fisk.

Yeah, Wesley's first choice was to try to frighten her into throwing everyone off the trail (or trying to). That's not the issue in question. The issue in question is whether or not he would have carried out his threat to murder all of Karen's friends before murdering her (also irrelevant to the point: whether he would have done it himself or whether he would have used intermediaries), and there is NO question that Fisk and his organization were TOTALLY OK with doing that sort of thing. They left a trail of bodies throughout the entire series that quite handily illustrated the point that they have no problem with murder.
    Last edited by Jmacq1; 04-14-2015 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    Finished off the rest of the season last night and must say that I enjoyed the second half of the season much more than I did the first half. The episode with Stick especially was really well done.

The last few episodes were a bit sloppy and the plots were wrapped up too quickly which is a shame given that so much of the first half I felt was drawn out and possibly could have been condensed.

I have some of the same problems that others have expressed about the final fight scene; costume just looked completely uncomfortable and it was too tonally off from what preceded it, but it was so freaking cool to watch that it was only after when I was talking about it afterwards that I really noticed the issues. I let out some weird squeal of joy when Matt ricocheted his billy club to take down the thug. I had no idea how much I would enjoy that moment.
    I enjoyed the last fight scene. I have no problem them going a touch "comic booky" at that point.

And yes, that ricochet was epic
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member ParticleFreezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    You mean how Batman Begins started with Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow instead beginning with Joker like the last iteration did? That movie sure was a disaster.
    No, I mean how Batman Begins ended with The Joker's calling card as a taste of things to come. Nolan didn't shy from the most ridiculously dressed villain in Batman's rogues gallery. He gave us a green haired psycho in a purple suit that was actually called The JOKER. He wasn't called Napier, Fisk, or some other pussyfoot euphemism like " my employer"

Apparently having a giant white guy, in a white suit, named Kingpin is just too much for our 2015 brains to handle. Some day...

Ultimate Member

Oh please spare us that nonsense. There was a perfectly valid in-story reason for Fisk not to be that way yet (he might very well be the next time we see him). As for him being ridiculously comic-booky huge, well if YOU can find a man who's that ludicrously massive yet also has to acting chops to pull of a character like Kingpin, then more power to you. Of course it appears that, in your mind, "the character" comes down to aesthetics/looks. In my mind, and many others, the actual CHARACTER is the character. Does he have the feel of Kingpin. If so, he's Kingpin, regardless of whether he wears a white suit/purple pants and weighs 400 pounds. I guess that we just have fundamentally different views as to what is most important for "the character." And I say all of this as someone who LOVES The Dark Knight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It kind of is a disaster, but for other reason.
    Critcally, financially, audience popularity. It is by no means "a disaster." Or it isn't by any reasonable standards of filmmaking, sorry.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

That finale was everything. I haven't enjoyed a show like this since 24. The tension was ridiculous!!

Seriously though. THIS is how you do a superhero show. Really well rounded and fleshed out. Nice to see this awesome and iconic character get his shine.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Oh please spare us that nonsense. There was a perfectly valid in-story reason for Fisk not to be that way yet (he might very well be the next time we see him). As for him being ridiculously comic-booky huge, well if YOU can find a man who's that ludicrously massive yet also has to acting chops to pull of a character like Kingpin, then more power to you. Of course it appears that, in your mind, "the character" comes down to aesthetics/looks. In my mind, and many others, the actual CHARACTER is the character. Does he have the feel of Kingpin. If so, he's Kingpin, regardless of whether he wears a white suit/purple pants and weighs 400 pounds. I guess that we just have fundamentally different views as to what is most important for "the character." And I say all of this as someone who LOVES The Dark Knight.
    It never fails to amaze me how many comic fans seem to think there's some massive stable of high-caliber actors out there that all have the builds of steroid-abusing bodybuilders that somehow Marvel Studios and Warner Brothers are just totally overlooking in their zeal to cast quality actors in their films.

As for Wilson Fisk. There isn't anyone alive that has the bulk and girth of the comic-book character that would have the athleticism to pull off any sort of action/fight scene. They'd probably get winded crossing from one side of the stage to the other.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Man he was perfect as Kingpin!! I agree with this! He was big enough jeez!
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post

It never fails to amaze me how many comic fans seem to think there's some massive stable of high-caliber actors out there that all have the builds of steroid-abusing bodybuilders that somehow Marvel Studios and Warner Brothers are just totally overlooking in their zeal to cast quality actors in their films.

As for Wilson Fisk. There isn't anyone alive that has the bulk and girth of the comic-book character that would have the athleticism to pull off any sort of action/fight scene. They'd probably get winded crossing from one side of the stage to the other.
    It reminds me of back when Captain America was doing casting, and there was this huge fanboy push to hire a guy from American Gladiators, or when tons of people on this message board wanted the wrestler Triple H as Thor. Stuff like that is why the studios never listen to fans, and they shouldn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Yeah, because Fisk and his crew sure had shown all kinds of hesitation about killing people/"leaving a trail of bodies" prior to that point, right?

Killing Ben = Nada. The only people that were spurred on by Ben's death were people that were already looking into things (Matt/Foggy/Karen). Even Ben's wife didn't seem to care that much about getting who was responsible.

Likewise Killing Karen=Nada. Once again, the only people that would care were people that were already going after Fisk.

Yeah, Wesley's first choice was to try to frighten her into throwing everyone off the trail (or trying to). That's not the issue in question. The issue in question is whether or not he would have carried out his threat to murder all of Karen's friends before murdering her (also irrelevant to the point: whether he would have done it himself or whether he would have used intermediaries), and there is NO question that Fisk and his organization were TOTALLY OK with doing that sort of thing. They left a trail of bodies throughout the entire series that quite handily illustrated the point that they have no problem with murder.
    Exactly. There is zero logical/story reason to believe that Wesley would have hesitated to kill Karen. It's basic cost/reward analysis. Wesley, Fisk, and Co.had nothing to gain by letting her live and quite a lot to lose.