Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...57630285983744

@GailSimone Since you are partaking in Fresh Romance: is there a comic couple you'd like ti write, but haven't had the opportunity yet?
    Simone's response?

Spidey-MJ.
    Simone went on with this subject.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...59650602496000

Aside from MJ, I am running out of spectacular redheads to write in comics.

My League of Redheads is running thin.
    I'd love to read Gail Simone's MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...57630285983744

Simone's response?

Simone went on with this subject.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...59650602496000

I'd love to read Gail Simone's MJ.
    Honestly for all the talk about diversity from Marvel, they should let a female writer write Spider-Man.
    And I'd be down to see Gail Simone's MJ too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Honestly for all the talk about diversity from Marvel, they should let a female writer write Spider-Man.
    And I'd be down to see Gail Simone's MJ too.
    Female editor might even be better.

Unless there has been one . . . I'm not always aware of who's editing a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

Ellie Pyle kinda counts. She edited a ton of books on her own and was the assistant editor to Wacker for a while.
    I thought she would've been the editor after Wacker, but she left to another company so yeah.

Astonishing Member

Louise Simonson and Ann Nocenti worked at Marvel as both Editors and Writers during the 1980's to the early 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Louise Simonson and Ann Nocenti worked at Marvel as both Editors and Writers during the 1980's to the early 1990's..
    They didn't edit the Spider books though. They did edit X titles, which would go to my point. The X titles have one of the better track records with both female characters and readers.

Uh... all the crimson shading is kind of harsh on the eyes. Especially since there already is soo much red on the page. Prefer the uncolored version.

I'm sure Gail Simone's MJ would be similar to her portrayal of Black Canary in her Birds of Prey run. Which... not bad at all.

Simone has a sense of humor that fits the character, and does action pretty well.

I do have two concerns. She sometimes injects/ incorporates politics into her storie in a ham-fisted manner. She also doesn't seem to have a deep knowledge of the mythos, which isn't the best combination with an activist writer.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Gail Simone taking over the Amazing Spider-Man book? hmm. I like the idea a lot Assuming she's allowed to do her story I'd be more than happy to see her write Spider-Man as she's one of my favourite writers at the moment.

BANNED

Simone has been hit and miss for me. She has gems like Birds of Prey, Atom & Secret Six. But she also puts out crap like Firestorm and BATGIRL. So it would be a skip for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    This, this, this, this. Simone has been hit and miss for me. She has gems like Birds of Prey, Atom & Secret Six. But she also puts out crap like Firestorm and BATGIRL. So it would be a skip for me.
    In all fairness to Gail, how much of the "crap" you encountered in Batgirl could have been Gail's preference and how much could have been heavy-handed editorial dictate?

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Love to see Gail Simone write Spiderwoman or Spider Gwen just on what she did on Birds of Prey & Batgirl not sure on Spiderman though, but I look forward to seeing it.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Ellie Pyle kinda counts. She edited a ton of books on her own and was the assistant editor to Wacker for a while.
    I thought she would've been the editor after Wacker, but she left to another company so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Louise Simonson and Ann Nocenti worked at Marvel as both Editors and Writers during the 1980's to the early 1990's.
    They didn't edit the Spider books though. They did edit X titles, which would go to my point. The X titles have one of the better track records with both female characters and readers.
    They did write some Spider-Man in the past. Louise Simonson was one of the initial writers on the Web of Spider-Man series, at my last recollection, and Ann Nocenti did a two-part arc in the 90s pre-Clone Saga Spectacular Spider-Man where she had Spidey fight Typhoid Mary, whose more innocent personality Peter tried to befriend after believing her to be the witness of a brutal murder. And Sana Amanat was the editor on the Spider-Man titles recently, judging by the credits in the letters pages.

That aside, I would heartily welcome Gail Simone writing Mary Jane and her relationship with Peter/Spidey, especially if we could get a crossover with her Red Sonja out of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Marvel should get her onboard.
    Would love to see her tackle one or more of these : Spidey, Silk, Spider-Gwen and Spider-Woman.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I would love to read a Gail Simone Amazing Spider-Man. I think that it would be a good step for women in comics to have a female writer on a title as popular as Amazing Spider-Man. Given her works like Atom and Deadpool both deal with a loveable nerd and humor respectively, I think she would have the right touch for the book. Plus, she writes great villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Simone has been hit and miss for me. She has gems like Birds of Prey, Atom & Secret Six. But she also puts out crap like Firestorm and BATGIRL. So it would be a skip for me.
    To be fair, even Gail thinks that the Firestorm book was terrible (too much editorial influence).