Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Default Has Anyone Read Avengers Millennium Yet?

Unless I am just missing the post, I am surprised that there hasn't been a post of Avengers Millennium yet, and that's after 2 issues being released. I am truly enjoying the book so far, it's been a great blend of classic Avengers with Now Avengers. The characterizations seem to be on point along with the plot, so it's been a really good read for me. Enjoying the art also. Really loving how Wanda & Pietro are being utilized in this book! Great setup for the Avengers Movie in May! Looking forward to the issue # 3!!!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Grand Idea for a Thread Maximoffimpact!

I have finished both Issues So Far Maximoffimpact, Been Behind on my Reviews as of late, but Glad this one is 1st up out of all of them!

Avengers Millennium has been a Far Better book then I had thought, I knew it be interesting, but it has been a Nice Read so Far. I like Mike Costa is able to go into good detail about both the situations going on with the mission as well as add in details about how powers like Pietro's and Wanda's works. The Add in at the start was a good one, giving how Pietro's powers work and what happens when he uses them. The inclusion to of a serial joke going on between Hawkeye and Spiderman at 1st seemed silly, but as it went on it just got better with the factor that with all the craziness hitting the fan, BURGERS are what is most Important on thier MINDS, LOL!

Best Line:

"Why are You 2 Even Here!?!?!" xD

My Final Part to my opening on Avengers Millennium is as a Scarlet Witch Fan I Found it Great that Mike Costa used Wanda's Sensing Abilities to locate the strange device that HYDRA was keeping hide, that was all shorts of clever and gave allot of Credit to Wanda in not just having Hex Blasts, but being a Hero of sensing abilities, one we have not read recently in a good long time!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Grand Idea for a Thread Maximoffimpact!

I have finished both Issues So Far Maximoffimpact, Been Behind on my Reviews as of late, but Glad this one is 1st up out of all of them!

Avengers Millennium has been a Far Better book then I had thought, I knew it be interesting, but it has been a Nice Read so Far. I like Mike Costa is able to go into good detail about both the situations going on with the mission as well as add in details about how powers like Pietro's and Wanda's works. The Add in at the start was a good one, giving how Pietro's powers work and what happens when he uses them. The inclusion to of a serial joke going on between Hawkeye and Spiderman at 1st seemed silly, but as it went on it just got better with the factor that with all the craziness hitting the fan, BURGERS are what is most Important on thier MINDS, LOL!

Best Line:

"Why are You 2 Even Here!?!?!" xD

My Final Part to my opening on Avengers Millennium is as a Scarlet Witch Fan I Found it Great that Mike Costa used Wanda's Sensing Abilities to locate the strange device that HYDRA was keeping hide, that was all shorts of clever and gave allot of Credit to Wanda in not just having Hex Blasts, but being a Hero of sensing abilities, one we have not read recently in a good long time!
    I totally agree with you CJ !!! Millenium has been a fun, smart and great read; the material has substance. I am really impressed with Mike Costa's writing so far, and would have loved how he would have handled Uncanny Avengers or another Avengers title. Love the take on Wanda & Pietro; totally on point about their personalities, powers and relationship. Actually, I find the characterizations of all the heroes spot on so far. The art has been impressive and captures the story quite well. I am more than happy to spend my hard-earned coins on this book!!!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    I totally agree with you CJ !!! Millenium has been a fun, smart and great read; the material has substance. I am really impressed with Mike Costa's writing so far, and would have loved how he would have handled Uncanny Avengers or another Avengers title. Love the take on Wanda & Pietro; totally on point about their personalities, powers and relationship. Actually, I find the characterizations of all the heroes spot on so far. The art has been impressive and captures the story quite well. I am more than happy to spend my hard-earned coins on this book!!!
    I think that has been my main draw to the Book so far Maximoffimpact, one I did not see coming but am Truly Happy to see being well executed;

How the Twins Stick together and stand up for one another, to the point where Pietro Runs the Near Half Length of the Earth to Get Help Based On Wanda's Senses that Something is Wrong and He Trusts it, So Does Captain America!

Can't Say Enough How much I liked those scenes below!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Amazing Member

I've been enjoying it as well. The big draw for me was having Spider-Man acting as a full Avenger, and not feeling like a guest star. It's the same thing I enjoyed about the first 6 issues or so of Avenging Spider-Man. One of the few complaints I've had about Hickman's run on the Avengers titles is that characters like Spider-Man are present, but get lost in the background of a large cast.

Only complaint so far - most characters are spot on (Hawkeye and Spider-Man are an awesome matchup), but Quicksilver doesn't feel authentic to his usual characterization. Other than that, really enjoying a fun series.