0 0%
  • Christine Blaze

0 0%
  • other

13 37.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    I'm with you on this statement. I look forward to all sorts of characters showing up in Grayson, but not by taking the limelight away from Dick right away. Focus on Grayson first for a while.

Who? Pffft. Never gonna happen.......
    Have you seen the preview?

They should, but they should at least do their best to make sure that they pick out characters that fit, rather than just throwing characters in for popularity. It'd be interesting, for instance, to see Dick run afoul of the old Henry Bendix/Rose Tattoo pairing, working for a different agency. Especially if Rose Tattoo was based more on the Brubaker/Nguyen version, and Dick had to work his way out of sleeping with her, in a reversal of typical Bond-esque shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    Have you seen the preview?

Preview for what?

Fantastic Member

Preview for what?
    Grayson #1. A guy dressed like Midnighter is right there.

Astonishing Member

You might want to go over his posts more carefully.

I'm just jerking your chain BB, I have read the preview. It was a lame attempt at continuing another member's joke from their post. No harm no foul my friend. (Unless you are playing me by pretending you don't know I've read the preview, making me the fool!) If that's the case, well played!

As for wildstorm characters showing up in Grayson, another member "Dzetoun" (spelling?), pointed out in another thread how possibly using these characters (who are kind of in limbo) is a really shrewd move by the creative team.
    That way they can appease the fans who have been wanting Dick to interact with more people in the dc universe, without opening up the can of worms of Dick being "dead" to most of the mainstream characters.

I'd never considered it that way, and if those are the cards that the creative team are playing, then I'm all for it.

Astonishing Member

I'm just jerking your chain BB, I have read the preview. It was a lame attempt at continuing another member's joke from their post. No harm no foul my friend. (Unless you are playing me by pretending you don't know I've read the preview, making me the fool!) If that's the case, well played!

As for wildstorm characters showing up in Grayson, another member "Dzetoun" (spelling?), pointed out in another thread how possibly using these characters (who are kind of in limbo) is a really shrewd move by the creative team.
    That way they can appease the fans who have been wanting Dick to interact with more people in the dc universe, without opening up the can of worms of Dick being "dead" to most of the mainstream characters.

I'd never considered it that way, and if those are the cards that the creative team are playing, then I'm all for it.
    They're also characters who are totally seperate from Batman in a way that Flash or Green Lantern aren't. Not to mention, you're launching Dick Grayson into his own world and an environment of Moral Greys.... I'm not massively familiar with Midnighter, but given that he seems to be what would happen if Bruce Wayne and Deathstroke had a baby? He's a smart choice!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    You might want to go over his posts more carefully.
    What posts?

Here's the deal -

As far as we know, Lynch and Grifter are the only ones we know of that actually exist in the New 52 main Earth.

- No T.A.O. No Lynch sending Holden undercover.
    - King and Blaze are part of a Stomwatch that has never existed on the main New 52 Earth.
    - No hint that any of the Planetary corner of old Wildstorm continuity has ever existed.

I would much rather the title just focused on not making a complete mess of the Spyral concept. Steer way clear of possible Vertigo/Wildstorm background characters.

I know next to nothing about the Wildstorm characters, beyond the fact that they have a Batman analogue and and a Superman analogue. That said, if they are a stable of characters to be used as supporting cast, which is to say, to be treated as supporting characters, I'd be cool with it. The apparent tease of Midnighter is intriguing.

Basically, if it happens, this could be really cool.

New 52 continuity Lynch spoiler -

spoilers:
    He took a bullet in the head at the end of the New 52 Team 7 series.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Don't know who that is but this is comic books, if they want him in a book they will bring them back.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    And he appeared very alive in Deathstroke's end series, and also in the briefly Ales Kot's run in Suicide Squad.

spoilers:
    But probably didn't survive that. Unless, like sub-plots from Adam Glass' run, DC omitted/forgotted.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Isn't Voodoo around? I think it was a waste of millions for DC to buy Wildstorm so it could get Jim Lee to draw a couple of covers for it.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    And he appeared very alive in Deathstroke's end series, and also in the briefly Ales Kot's run in Suicide Squad.

spoilers:
    But probably didn't survive that. Unless, like sub-plots from Adam Glass' run, DC omitted/forgotted.
    end of spoilers
    True. Big picture, it seems like finding a way to include Lynch without it being a three ring circus would be tough.

I feel like the complete focus should be on just keeping a concept as shaky as this between the ditches. Including Lynch seems like it would run counter to that.