Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default So, Green Arrow this week huh?

You know, I have been feeling a bit privileged lately. I wish that I would become a werewolf to learn what being unprivileged actually is.

... PFFT! HA HA HA HA HA! I can't believe that there's someone who thought that this premise sounded smart!

Following the events from the Green Arrow Annual (which was terrible and ended in a cliffhanger that they're just now developing), they decided to continue the plot-point of Oliver turning into a werewolf and thus learning a hard lesson about how privileged he was.

Which is an unbelievably STUPID way to integrate such idea into the story.

Tell me with a straight face that you can take the concept I just mentioned seriously. No really, just try.

The way how the concept is incorporated into the plot is so forced and out of place that I simply can't understand how ANYONE could find logic in this development.

Percy has outdone himself, this is pure satire at this point. I would almost think that is a parody if only the narration didn't take itself so seriously.

Astonishing Member

The current editors on GA don't have an eye for talent. First Kreisberg then Percy. I think the book is cursed. We have nothing but bad teams since Nu52 with JT Krul, Jurgens and then Nocienti. Only Lemire seemed to have had his head on straight and he left in the middle of the run. Is it really so difficult to assemble a creative team that knows what the hell they are doing? Or do they just have a list of names that they just pick at random.

I guess at this rate they'll cancel after Percy and put someone like Daniel or Tieri on the book because that sounds just like DC Editorial.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-06-2016 at 05:13 PM.

I see what your doing. Trying to force us to buy the book to see just how absurd it is. For shame.

For the record I'd become a werewolf. Beats being a lowly human.

GA books have only gotten worse and worse since Lemire ended. First they try to be more like the TV show to distance themselves from Lemire's amazing run. That failed. Now they try to make the book supernatural again, and it is just pants-on-head dumb. I read the annual and all previous issues, but I'm not picking up this one or any more Percy issues. I'll just read spoilers and chuckle from now on and wait for a new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    GA books have only gotten worse and worse since Lemire ended. First they try to be more like the TV show to distance themselves from Lemire's amazing run. That failed. Now they try to make the book supernatural again, and it is just pants-on-head dumb. I read the annual and all previous issues, but I'm not picking up this one or any more Percy issues. I'll just read spoilers and chuckle from now on and wait for a new writer.
    Hell, I gave up on Percy's run after his ridiculous first arc with the killer-police-robot-things. (I wanted to try more for George and when I saw they were introducing a female Tarantula, but I held my ground and figured I could always buy back-issues and/or a tpb collection if I heard enough good things).

BANNED

Enjoyed it.

Jeez, I'd seen a mixed reception to Percy's run but I never thought it would get this bad. And he seemed so promising too .

Green Arrow is probably going to be part of the books getting relaunched, so I hope that if they do relaunch the title that DC puts in a strong creative team for the book that not only sticks around and sets up a good foundation, but also tells good Green Arrow stories. The character deserves better then this.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Okay, when it comes to discussing the New 52 incarnation of Green Arrow, I have to listen to Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb or I'm liable to run down to my local comic shop and rip up the few issues of that atrocious title the shop owner couldn't give away even if it were Free Comic Book Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Enjoyed it.
    I've heard there were some Batman fans that actually enjoyed the Joel Schumacher films. So anything is possible.
    Last edited by Old Man Ollie 1962; 01-06-2016 at 10:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    I've heard there were some Batman fans that actually enjoyed the Joel Schumacher films. So anything is possible.
    And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. People like what they like. Everyone is different.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Okay, when it comes to discussing the New 52 incarnation of Green Arrow, I have to listen to Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb or I'm liable to run down to my local comic shop and rip up the few issues of that atrocious title the shop owner couldn't give away even if it were Free Comic Book Day.
    It was incredibly good under Lemire, so, just goes to show: all the title needs is a good writer again.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Keep the numbering and reprint Meltzer's run. Only way to save ollie's book

Didn't that Sonic the Hedgehog game show that nobody likes it when they turn the hero into a werewolf? Glad I jumped ship with Lemire.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Keep the numbering and reprint Meltzer's run. Only way to save ollie's book
    Archer's Quest. That was one hell of an enjoyable ride. It more than met the criterion for die hard GA fans.

Amazing Member

Just read the latest TPB reprint of Mike Grell's run, and I think that Percy's trying to capture the same vibe...but since it's not classic Ollie of 1969-2011, it's just not working. Mike Grell may have taken the Ollie away from the Hard Traveling Heroes era, but he still maintained the same heart, social consciousness and sense of humor that Denny O'Neill gave him.